[FREEZE FIXED INTERNALLY] JDAM Feedback thread

NineLine

• ED Team

With the initial release of JDAMs today, we would like to hear your feedback, many aspects are still WIP. Please post your thoughts and issues. Some known issues are:

• Accuracy off on Max range drops
  • Possible crash on GBU-38 release

Let us know what you are seeing with its release so far.

Thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope...but further testing revealed something.

on the jdam MSN page....top left it defaults to STA8 and i was setting QTY to STA2

i tried setting QTY to STA8 instead and the bomb released game didnt crash and bomb hit the target.

I can confirm what Xtacy said about the crash. If you select different station from JDAM page vs what is on stores page, game freezes. Have to use task manager to kill it. Obviously can't get crash logs or track files for you because of this, sorry.

Edited by patpatpowercat

There is something off with the PB mode. Note the coordinates of the location and entered elevation MSL vs the target marker on the HUD.

I guess it's worth mentioning that the intended target is that big factory on the first screenshot.

Edited by Andrei

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Same issue, pickle JDAM on PP mode game freezes solid, no crash log. I successfully dropped on TOO Mode using a waypoint target designation.

PC

i7 7700k

Gigabyte Z270

MSI GTX 1070

32gb DDR4

500gb EVO 850 SSD DCS

500gb EVO 960 NVMe SSD Windows

I don't know if this is only thread for crash report, but I would like to ask is it possible to enter more precise coordinates? Right now I cannot hit a tank with J-82.

You can enter quite accurate coordinates actually, when you enter your coordinates according to Wags video end row is 00". You can enter numbers to there aswell and that makes attack more accurate. Just don't double click, after you click once enter 2 more numbers. Problem is F10 map or JTAC-Scripts won't give you this type of new coordinates in this format. Move around your TDC in TOO mode you will understand what I'm trying to explain.

jdam 38 accuracy

I getting about a 0.02nm off from Target. with no weather or wind. this is on all versions.

On the crash

only one time with jdam mis-configured it was a crash to desktop with window asking do you want to close or wait. the crash report dos not run.

• ED Team

Thank guys! THIS is exactly why we have Open Betas... to help weed out bugs like this before we move it to stable.

The crash/freeze is entered into our database.

We/I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Wags

• ED Team
Three digit MGRS from JTAC gives you 100M accuracy … good enough for dumb bomb talk on.

Four digits would give 10M accuracy … probably get a kill on soft targets.

Five digits would give 1M accuracy … good enough to get a kill on hard targets.

This mod of NATO.lua will solve your problem with precision coordinates.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228750&highlight=JTAC+MGRS

Please stay on topic for actual JDAM bugs.

Thanks!

JDAM works just perfectly for me - its accurate, nice looking and fun to use it. And I didnt noticed any bugs ATM. If Im not wrong, I understood that in future we will get a "precise" option on UFC for more accurate (1m) bombing mode .

Well done ED - awesome work. :thumbup:

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

JDAM freezes my DCS

I followed Mr. Matt Wagner to drop a JDAM em PP mode. All is cool and dandy except when I pickle in range the game freezes. No crash (so no crash report or replay file is possible) just a freeze that I need to use the Task Manager to shut the game down.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

No Crash logs or tracks, the game freezes for me whenever I try to drop a JDAM on any station.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.