MAC (Modern Air Combat) Discussion

LCUChap2016

9 hours ago, LCUChap2016 said:

I sincerely hope that MAC is still going to happen, but at the moment, things do not look promising.  

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" (Joking!!! 😉)

I'm crossing my fingers, eyes, arms, legs and toes that MAC will be released this year.  🙏🏻

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/4/2021 at 7:34 PM, Mogster said:

I really think this is the way ED should go with MAC.

Aircraft, and helicopters, that are too modern and classified to make as full fidelity DCS modules. Maybe even experimental stuff. It could be a lot of fun.

Considering the fact that more than a few of them failed to enter production, an F-20 Tigershark would be just as realistic and a lot more fun to play...

1280px-F-20-flying.jpg

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

On 10/21/2021 at 2:57 AM, CarloVecchi said:

They've also updated timelines on these projects several times since January..

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

On 10/28/2021 at 2:42 PM, SkateZilla said:

They've also updated timelines on these projects several times since January..

I don't think anyone is asking for a complete rundown on the project, but some sort of update might be nice.

Perhaps it'll be after the AH-64's release.

I genuinely hope that MAC competes in some way with War Thunder. WT is a great concept, large variety of iconic aircraft to fly in a simplistic way in (somewhat balanced, depending on who you ask) combat against other players. Also it would be great if they copied borrowed the mouse flying system from WT also, that is a ton of fun to use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, lazduc said:

End of year...Mac was to be out by now.  How about a community mgr. check into this?  

Official Updates Section,
Pretty Sure there was an updated expectation posted.

If not there, in one of the many interviews recently, 
Also keep an eye on the Roadmap thread:

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 1 month later...

I’ve said it before but MAC should be about aircraft ED could never include as full fidelity modules. Stuff that’s way too classified but you can have a fair idea how they work/perform. F22, F35, EF Block 5, SU35, SU57, J15, J20.

It’d be a hoot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mogster said:

I’ve said it before but MAC should be about aircraft ED could never include as full fidelity modules. Stuff that’s way too classified but you can have a fair idea how they work/perform. F22, F35, EF Block 5, SU35, SU57, J15, J20.

It’d be a hoot.

Could you really call it "MODERN Air Combat" without these aircraft?

Edited by norman99
  • Like 2

I see where this topic is being ignored.  So I will ask again to keep this subject alive..somewhat.  What is going on with MAC ?   Come-on guys.

The squeaky wheel gets the attention.  If those who are interested in MAC ask more often maybe it might lite a fire somewhere.

• ED Team

We will share news for MAC once we are closer to a public release. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 11:36 PM, spacenavy90 said:

I genuinely hope that MAC competes in some way with War Thunder. WT is a great concept, large variety of iconic aircraft to fly in a simplistic way in (somewhat balanced, depending on who you ask) combat against other players. Also it would be great if they copied borrowed the mouse flying system from WT also, that is a ton of fun to use.

I totally agree even if its just a control option. Its for this reason that I can't stand flying in BFV anymore. But more so because the situational awareness is awful.

However their helicopter controls with a gamepad are pretty decent and they actually come close to mimicking the controls on an RC helicopter. 

On 11/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, LCUChap2016 said:

The original release trailer stated that KB/M was going to be included as a control scheme.

Spoiler

Says so in the video at about 1:40.   So, perhaps you will get your wish.

Thanks for posting that. I had the faint memory of this being initially announced for the end of 2018, well it even was before that pinkiepieexcited.png

On 1/27/2022 at 9:58 PM, Mogster said:

It’d be a hoot.

Totally agree. I like the approch of making it easier to step into the world of DCS by adding MAC as an "entry drug" with WT-esque controls, but also VR controller only controls if possible, just to generate interest for the full stuff. But I as someone who has all the modules (and tries to keep it like that in the future) wouldn't see any reason to buy it except for supporting ED. With some assets that DCS won't get in a while this would change. I wouldn't mind having FC3 grade modern things that still are too classified for DCS grade or even some what if stuff (thinking F-23, Arrow, TSR2, Cheyenne and similar).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I'd really like to see an Apache done in this easier / gamified LO:MAC  especially if it has the capability for two players in the same aircraft. Sometimes I want to play with people who don't have anything except for an xbox/ps controller or mouse and keyboard.

Something that captures the general feel of flying an apache, but without it being technically complex, as well as having a high investment in hardware and input. 

Yes I'm probably asking too much 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Will MAC be a separate game all together? it would be really awesome if it is still in the realm of DCS as a module like the FC3.

Full fidelity REDFOR pls. :3

Specs: Intel I5-3470 l 8 GB RAM l GT1030 l Eyesores from frequent freezing and low framerates l broke

Modules: FC3 and a dream

sadwojakkx100.png

37 minutes ago, rjechavez said:

Will MAC be a separate game all together?

That seems to be the case, even though different people within ED themselves have made contradictory statements about that in the past.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 6:50 AM, MAXsenna said:

In the latest SUNTAG video you can see he has MAC versions of the F-5, F-86, MiG-15 and the L-39. 😉

so im guessing youtubers get acces to some developers build of WIP MAC to participate as testers?

Then if MAC has gotten that far along i wonder when DCS community can expect some official announcements.

Also Id hope that MAC will include updated cockpits for all of these aircraft, and thus in turn for us module owners.  IT would seem silly to release a new game with simplified aircraft with those dated models.

Edited by Kev2go
  • Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD