MSL Cond light in RIO pit

Southpaw

Everytime I have flown as a RIO in MP I constantly have a master caution with MSL COND annunciator lit. I have verified with the pilot that all his switches are in order and we have no issues launching any missile from either cockpit. This happens after an MP cold start and when I hop into a backseat after start.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

Have you switched the Liquid Cooling Switch on the far left in the RIO pit to it's forward position? Because that is needed to cool the Phoenix.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Also please note that only the AIM-54 A needs cooling, the Aim-54 C does not need it (switch needs to be in aft position.

Interesting, didn't know that. Does it say so in the DCS manual or in the NATOPS? If only in NATOPS, does it work like that in DCS too?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interesting, didn't know that. Does it say so in the DCS manual or in the NATOPS? If only in NATOPS, does it work like that in DCS too?

Young Padawn, follow my link you must. Good look you need have to at NOTE under FUNCTION in image from NATOPS.:pilotfly:

If I remember correct, it works as it should in the SIM.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Have you switched the Liquid Cooling Switch on the far left in the RIO pit to it's forward position? Because that is needed to cool the Phoenix.

When I first get in a hot RIO pit, the AWG-9 cooling light is on with the switch in the up position so I was putting it in the down position to extinguish that light.

Yeah sometimes you have to cycle the liquid coolong switch on a hot start

I imagine this is my answer. To confirm, the switch should in the up position?

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

When I first get in a hot RIO pit, the AWG-9 cooling light is on with the switch in the up position so I was putting it in the down position to extinguish that light.

I imagine this is my answer. To confirm, the switch should in the up position?

Yes it should be in the up position

Hawkeye

VF-213 CO

VCVW-11

http://www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Young Padawn, follow my link you must. Good look you need have to at NOTE under FUNCTION in image from NATOPS.:pilotfly:

If I remember correct, it works as it should in the SIM.

Thanks, I missed the description there :thumbup:

So this bit of information is missing in the DCS manual...

I'm glad it does work like it in the sim at least.

Yes it should be in the up position

Only if you have AIM-54A loaded. Otherwise it should be in the down position.

Tornado3 small.jpg

What's the AIM-54C+?

And why does it say the AIM-54C (without the +) does not need cooling here: https://forums.eagle.ru/attachment.php?attachmentid=206599&stc=1&d=1552815782 ? :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg