VNAO T-45 Goshawk

4 hours ago, Vettefan said:

I did have the same issue (as quite some other persons here also seem to have) and posted my very own solution approach to this issue a couple pages earlier:

Norton AntiVirus defined the VNAOT45FM.dll as malware and constantly quarantined it. I set this file as an exception, re-installed the mod, and now I can enter the cockpit without any issues!

Also, you may want to check to have the right plane selected: it shows "Hawk" in your screenshot.  🙂

Good luck!  🙂

I downloaded 2.7.0 for this and downloaded and installed the T-45 which does show up to select. All the other aircraft I have operate fine (except I had to set up controls again). When I select this plane and fly, all I can do is watch the plane fly, I do not start out in the cockpit as normal. I checked and have the file quoted above in the bin folder, so it's not that.

Suggestions?

17 minutes ago, Nodak said:

Install latest version of SRS radio, won't work as flyable without it.

Strange .. I only fly SP, don't have the SRS installed and yet the T-45 works fine as fylable on my DCS 2.7 🤔

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Okay, finally get the cold start working! Excellent job guys!

BTW, if I have any bug report and/or suggestion, where should I put it?

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

51 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Strange .. I only fly SP, don't have the SRS installed and yet the T-45 works fine as fylable on my DCS 2.7 🤔

24 minutes ago, Vettefan said:

Same here: SP only (so far), no SRS installed and all works well. 🤔

For me and other 3 guys  doesnt work(we cannot jump to the cockpit is only AI plane. I installation OPENBETA yesterday and download mod. Its clean OPENBETA and only VNAO mod) After instalation SRS mod works correctly. I asked  to VNAO guys if is possible make mod without instalation SRS, but for this moment without answer. I think he need investigate where should be problem..... But for this momment, if you have problem jump to the cockpit install SRS and mod works.....

• Like 1

Christmas has come early, THANK YOU to all involved, sorry I'm about to splatter it across CVN-72 . amendement, never made it to the USS Abraham Lincoln, had to do a lot of adjustment of my system so I didn't steer off the runaway, a different set up than what I'm used to, but that's not a critism.

I abandoned my flight out, (Dinner calling) but descending through the clouds.....in the 1/2 dark of the room , for a full minute, I could feel I was in a PROPER simulator, I've flown, it's different and so are the commercial and military sims, but with the clouds, sunset, needing a gap etc, I was TOTALLY ABSORBED...and THATS where this system is the bee's knees. 

THANK YOU TO EA, AND ALL WHO ADD TO OUR ENJOYMENT, G'night.....lovely plane!

Edited by flyingscotsman
  • Like 2

Is it already available for download? The link on page 1 does not work...

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Beautiful Mod thank you for your gift...

I too have this mod now with stable DCS 2.5.6...I've just clocked that it wasn't set for this version (only 2.7)...which is a shame. If it is of any use I have found some issues with the throttle animation ( it doesn't move but throttle does increase and decrease), the joystick does not move but the aircraft does everything it is asked to do ie left right up down etc. The green panel lights do not illuminate but the dials do operate fine. The arrestor hook animation is not working nor the flaps, although I can at least say the flaps do deploy as the flight characteristics are affected when asking for flaps to deploy. Also, when asking for a cold start on aircraft carrier...I am flying above it engine on etc. These are observations not criticism as you are clearly geniuses and it looks beautiful. Thank you for your hard work and passion.

SK

• Like 1

Okay, installed SRS and I can now fly the plane (not sure why that works since all other planes fly without it). There is text displayed by SRS to connect to a server. I'm flying stand alone for now so is there a way to turn that text off?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind, figured it out...

Edited by RogerRamjet
Solution
  • Like 1

I spent the morning adding keybindings for most of the switches, knobs and buttons etc. in the T-45.  I added the Data Entry Panel as its own category and confirmed all buttons work.  All other edits are under the Special for Simpit category. SOME OF THSES ARENT WORKING QUITE YET SO I WIL BE UPDATING IT!!!  I've had to make adjustments per my pit so the switches work properly however, they may operate backwards in yours.  (on is off or off is on as far as the actual switch in game compared to your physical switch)

I have more work to do related to the comms panels and VOR/ILS TACAN panels but i may not be able to get some of the rotary knobs that change the freq numbers working correctly....these usually require more coding within the module that i am not able to do. 

***NOTE : Make a backup copy of your existing default.lua just in case.  ive changed mine to default.lua.bak.    The file path for the default.lua is as follows..... C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Input\joystick

***UPDATE : I found an issue with the HOOK bypass switch not working which i traced back to an error in the clickabledate.lua file.  i have corrected it on my end.  is there anyone from the dev team that can update the source code to reflect the fix?  i have attached the clickabledate.lua file below as well as the new default.lua

I also added binding for most of the radio and comm control panels to work as well.  I still need to work on the NAV and TACAN panels.

default.lua

clickabledata.lua default.lua

Edited by Baldawg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

Hi, download it and install it four times.....no keyboard keys available.....is this mod for DCS open Beta..?

I tested a new time this morning...

- No arresting Hook

- No flaps 

- No AirBrakes

- No Nose Wheel

and  many others keyboard keys and functions no operates...

It's me ...?

Edited by AirKiller

Great module guys 🙂
My first feedback..stuff might be correct but just giving feedback on my flights 🙂
1. Hud on mfd: It seems low and if I try to land from the backseat, it's not possible. 
2. On speed: In the hornet, you trim for pitch and can control the rest by throttle. In the T-45c that is not the case, E bracket moves according to speed . 
   this is how I fly the hornet. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay for all the people have problems. 
1. I have set my DCS folders on ignore on the antivirus
2. downloaded and copied the folder, all works.

3. no controls were setup, done all in game on my warthog. Works and had no issues installing or setting up. 

Have yet to try a two human thing, but if it works ..bloody NICE 🙂 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Baldawg

You did a fantastic job.  I implanted many of your special commands and all of your data entry commands.  Unfortunately, without key commands for the data entry I could not do it using Helios so I used my spare MFD for it.  Have you ever used Helios?

• Like 1

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Beautiful Mod thank you for your gift...
I too have this mod now with stable DCS 2.5.6...I've just clocked that it wasn't set for this version (only 2.7)...which is a shame. If it is of any use I have found some issues with the throttle animation ( it doesn't move but throttle does increase and decrease), the joystick does not move but the aircraft does everything it is asked to do ie left right up down etc. The green panel lights do not illuminate but the dials do operate fine. The arrestor hook animation is not working nor the flaps, although I can at least say the flaps do deploy as the flight characteristics are affected when asking for flaps to deploy. Also, when asking for a cold start on aircraft carrier...I am flying above it engine on etc. These are observations not criticism as you are clearly geniuses and it looks beautiful. Thank you for your hard work and passion.

SK
I guess this is opposite from the MB-339 module that now in 2.7.x lacks a lot of the animations in the cockpit, but everything actually works.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

WOW such a fantastic addition to DCS. 

The VNAO_T45 did not disappoint.  Thanks team!

• If anyone is interested I managed to add an additional KEYBIND for the SpeedBrake.  (It can be especially useful for anyone that has an X55/X56 Throttle and likes to use that Thumb Switch Slider for the SpeedBrake). I don't like to use the Logitech Provided software - if I can avoid it I will.  

All I did was make a backup of the original default.lua and add this extra line in the --- Throttle  section of the lua.

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\VNAO_T45\Input\joystick

Once all is working you will find an additional keybind in the Controls for the T45 named: " Speed Brake SLIDER Closed/Open "  

Sample of SpeedBrake binding code I added:

{down = EFM_commands.SpeedBrakeSwitch,	up = EFM_commands.SpeedBrakeSwitch,	value_down =  -1.0, value_up =  1.0,	name = _('Speed Brake SLIDER Closed/Open'),		category = _('Throttle Grip')}, -- for Slider Switch on X56/X55 or any 2 Position Switch |UP = Pressed & DOWN = Released|

Thanks again VNAO team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Baldawg

I noticed that some of your special commands that are toggles are giving me some issues.  I am using the buttons on a spare MFD panel and for example, the Anti-skid goes on when I press the button but goes off when I release it.  Is that correct? 

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Three issues on a cold start

In doing a cold start, I cannot get the Right MFD to turn on.  In a hot start, it is fine.

In a cold start, I cannot get the HUD to show up, again in a hot start, it is fine.

Last, in a cold start when I press the HYD2 button (number 9 in the startup diagram), the HYD warnings in red do not go away.

Is anyone else having any of these issues on a cold start?

3 minutes ago, sobe said:

Three issues on a cold start

In doing a cold start, I cannot get the Right MFD to turn on.  In a hot start, it is fine

In a cold start, I cannot get the HUD to show up, again in a hot start, it is fine.

You forgot to turn on the Generator .. the Left MFD can run from the Battery Bus, the right one needs the Generator.

4 minutes ago, sobe said:

Last, in a cold start when I press the HYD2 button (number 9 in the startup diagram), the HYD warnings in red do not go away.

Is anyone else having any of these issues on a cold start?

Strange .. I don't have this issue ... here is my Cold Start Checklist, in case you want to try it .. steps in blue are checks and can be ommited.

Best regards,

Eduardo

T-45C - Cold Start Procedure (by Rudel_chw).pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Rudel

The generator switch seems to have 3 positions-off, on and reset.  Mine is clearly on the middle position-on.  Perhaps I have to download and reinstall.

8 minutes ago, sobe said:

Rudel

The generator switch seems to have 3 positions-off, on and reset.  Mine is clearly on the middle position-on.  Perhaps I have to download and reinstall.

Not at dcs at the moment, but I’m almost sure that the Generator is Off at mission start, will check tomorrow.