VNAO T-45 Goshawk

9 hours ago, FranconianGuy said:

Hello there!

I've been following the mods' progress silently for a while and honestly, I'm way more hyped for this mod than I'm for the Apache.

But I have some questions that I need to ask because they don't let me sleep at night. Don't worry, they are not about the release date 😉

I want to use this mod to train some friends of mine and my questions are:

1.) Will the flight instructor be able to turn off crucial systems like the HUD, HSI, Radio to simulate failures?

1.5)  Do systems like TACAN, Waypoints and intercom (SRS) work?

2.) Will the backseat environment be clickable?

-I've been using the MB339 mod to teach people the basics in DCS and it bugs me that I can't really do anything back there to either help or challenge my student.

3.) Is it possible for the instructor to do the startup from the backseat? If yes, will the pilot in the front notice it due to eventual synchronization errors?

This leads me to my last question:

4.) I already know that you don't have the official SDK for multicrew and that this can result in synchronization issues.

- How bad are these issues? Can you predict them/Do you already know how often they occur? In the MB339, the gear and flaps are not synchronized. Also, you have to join the aircraft    after the startup is done, because the backseat client does not recognize the pilot spooling up the plane. This is a bit unfortunate for a trainer, but it's not totally gamebreaking.

Thank you in advance and have a nice week!

PS. Is there a way to donate? I think your work should be rewarded.

I will answer as many of these as I can. 

1. it is our goal to have the instructor in the back be able to do all of the things that instructors do in the real aircraft. Having said that, those things may not be a part of the first early release. The plane will be functional enough for virtual wings to use for case I training and basic flight training. 

1.5 Some of these systems are already working, though without knowing how they will respond in 2.7, I won’t go further into what is and is not going to be available at release.

2. the front seat is our main priority. The instructors will be able to fly the plane, but clickable will be an ongoing progression until it is all done. 

3. it is my understanding that starts are done from the front seat and the plane is never flown solo from the back. I will look into this further but our goal is to achieve as close to accuracy as possible. It is able to cold start from the front. That much is certain. 

4. sync issues are troublesome, but we will give more information about that on release.

Look up VNAO on Facebook and you will find links on where and how to support us. 

Edited by MadMaxter
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

She went down yesterday but both pilots survived with non-life threatening injuries. She was very pretty. She will fly again in our mod and we thank her for her service.

VNAOSIM_T45C_VT-22_222_Golden_Eagles.pngi

• Like 14

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Link in post #1 seems to be outdated.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Greetings, 

Today we had the honor and the pleasure to showcase the Goshawk at the MVP Sochi 2021 event. Here's a shot and a shout out to the pilots that brought it to you.

Enjoy!

VNAO_Sim_T45C_Sochi2021_DemoTeam_F.png

• Like 12

15 часов назад, MadMaxter сказал:

Greetings, 

Today we had the honor and the pleasure to showcase the Goshawk at the MVP Sochi 2021 event. Here's a shot and a shout out to the pilots that brought it to you.

Enjoy!

Sorry!

I understand English very poorly and use a google translator. Is it already possible to download the model or not yet? According to the links given in the first post, I can not go. One of them: https://www.vnao-cvw-7.com/vnao-productions is not available at all, and the second: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4816033 reports the following:

Error 1020

Ray ID: 637191f7cf110056 • 2021-03-28 14:32:51 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 637191f7cf110056 • Your IP: 195.18.18.179 • Performance & security by Cloudflare.

Thank you in advance.

Извините!

Я очень плохо понимаю по английски и использую гуглопереводчик. Уже можно скачать модель или ещё нет? По ссылкам данным в первом посте не могу зайти. Одна из них: https://www.vnao-cvw-7.com/vnao-productions вообще не доступна, а вторая: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4816033 сообщает следующее:

Error 1020

Ray ID: 637191f7cf110056 • 2021-03-28 14:32:51 UTC

Access denied

What happened?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 637191f7cf110056 • Your IP: 195.18.18.179 • Performance & security by Cloudflare.

Заранее благодарю.

Edited by aleksandr1308

Sashka13

Hi aleksandr, this is not released to the public yet. The airshow thing was likely just the developers and maybe a few people helping to bug test the current version in development.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think they will wait to see if there are problems with compatibility with 2.7 (coming very soon), because 2.7 has many new changes and is the next long term stable release. So after they get this T-45 working well in 2.7 and it's proven, I think they will release it.

In terms of time, it could be just weeks away, or it might be a few months, depending on when 2.7 actually gets released, and then depending on how much time it takes to test, de-bug, re-calibrate settings if needed, re-test the changes to confirm it works well. My guess is that the team isn't totally sure when that all could be finished either, because of so many factors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 часов назад, Particleman сказал:

The Patreon link does seem to be incorrect. Try this one if still interested. Cheers!  

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=4816033&fan_landing=true

Спасибо! Да, эта ссылка рабочая, но там тоже нет пока возможности скачать модель самолёта T-45. У меня большая просьба к Вам, сообщить мне о выходе модели в свободный доступ. Это избавит Вас от ответов на мои глупые вопросы.:smilewink:

Thanks! Yes, this link is working, but there is also no way to download a model of the T-45 aircraft yet. I have a big request to you, to inform me about the release of the model in free access. This will save you from answering my stupid questions.:smilewink:

Sashka13

14 hours ago, aleksandr1308 said:

Спасибо! Да, эта ссылка рабочая, но там тоже нет пока возможности скачать модель самолёта T-45. У меня большая просьба к Вам, сообщить мне о выходе модели в свободный доступ. Это избавит Вас от ответов на мои глупые вопросы.:smilewink:

Thanks! Yes, this link is working, but there is also no way to download a model of the T-45 aircraft yet. I have a big request to you, to inform me about the release of the model in free access. This will save you from answering my stupid questions.:smilewink:

Once again, the T-45 will be released after 2.7 has been released so that we can run tests to make sure that it works in 2.7 as it has in 2.5. When we release it, we will let everyone know via this forum, our discord and our Facebook page as well as any other venue we can think of.

Thanks,

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

On 3/29/2021 at 8:10 AM, aleksandr1308 said:

I have a big request to you, to inform me about the release of the model in free access. 

Don't worry, we have a plan to inform you, by telegram and smoke signals, and the dead drop behind the liquor store down by the river! 😁

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Olddog said:

If anyone REALLY wants to fly a T-45 there is always this. 😅

https://www.collingsfoundation.org/vmf-flight-experiences-flight-training-programs/

WOW...

despite the cost... it's amazing that doing a flight in an F-4 Phantom is even POSSIBLE these days, given its age and cost of maintenance, at ANY price!  

anyway, back to the T-45 mod, yes I know we have been waiting for 2.7 to drop, because the team wanted a 2.7 compatible release... but we fanbois need to have patience, it's more than simply them getting the update, and fire it up for 15 minutes and say "yep, good to go let's release now!". It will likely take weeks to test all the avionics modes, the flight parameters in all modes of flights, and then figure out how to do the changes needed, do it, then test once again... meaning, it's not likely to be something they'll finish by the weekend. Or even this month.  BUT... the upside is the first testing can begin, which does bring us closer to a nice download, eventually!

Because we are still working on the final 2.7 adjustments and making the needed changes before release, we thought we'd give you a couple of sneak peaks into the forward cockpit of the VNAO T-45C Goshawk Community Mod. As always we thank you all for your patience. 

Enjoy!

Marketing_PIT_T45C_Build_04a.png

Marketing_PIT_T45C_Build_05a.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5