VNAO T-45 Goshawk

On 8/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Nealius said:

Surprising they didn't implement the radio, as the mod's purpose is for carrier training, which requires ball calls to get a grade. Can't train very well if you can't get a grade.

A workaround that works for me to get a grade even without the radio / ball-call:

Take off / approach the carrier and perform a touch-and-go (Hook up)! This touch-and-go will go without grade...

After this touch-and-go and once you now performed a bolter / proper landing, you will get the grade.

Bottom-line: I always(!) need one touch-and-go in my landing practise to "activate" the grading, before my landing is graded...

N.B.:

After a couple tries (bolters), you may receive a constant wave-off, even on perfect approaches. My workaround for that is again a touch-and-go. After that, I can approach again without being constantly waved-off...

(a working radio would of course be a lot easier...  😉    )

Edited by Vettefan
  • Like 1

Hello,

I would like to put a check list for the T 45, but it doesn't recognise it. The name of the directory "Saved Games/DCS/mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45" is the same of "Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/VNAO_T45"

Does someone have the solution ?

Thx

bonjour,
je voudrais mettre une checklist pour le T 45, mais ce dernier ne la reconnait pas dans le kneeboard. Pour tant le nom du répertoire mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45 est le même que celui de Kneeboard/VNAO_T45 dans Saved Games/DCS.

merci pour les réponses.

Edited by Guy72230

Hello,
I would like to put a check list for the T 45, but it doesn't recognise it. The name of the directory "Saved Games/DCS/mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45" is the same of "Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/VNAO_T45"
Does someone have the solution ?
Thx

bonjour,
je voudrais mettre une checklist pour le T 45, mais ce dernier ne la reconnait pas dans le kneeboard. Pour tant le nom du répertoire mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45 est le même que celui de Kneeboard/VNAO_T45 dans Saved Games/DCS.

merci pour les réponses.
Your VNAO-T45 folder in the Saved Games, you can call it whatever you want, but the module is recognised by DCS as T-45, (like in the input folder), so if it is a kneeboard checklist you're talking about, try T-45 as the folder.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Your VNAO-T45 folder in the Saved Games, you can call it whatever you want, but the module is recognised by DCS as T-45, (like in the input folder), so if it is a kneeboard checklist you're talking about, try T-45 as the folder.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Perfect !! Thank you !

• Like 1

Sorry, it's a while since I don't check the thread, any update of the module after version 1.0.1?

Thanks

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Yes It is.

Just be sure the first Super Carrier WP is in motion. Dont start It at zero speed. 

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

CNV run 18 kts, TACAN edited  on CVN waypoint 0 with advanced parameters (frequency, call sign, unit linked), same in Caucasus, PG, ....... (first screen), in second screen aircraft is at Kobuleti, TACAN frequency for Batumi and display is ok (sorry for french DCS version)

Screen_210806_124045.png

Screen_210807_110319.png

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

HI all. With @MadMaxter authorization, i'm uploading to User Files https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3317885/ , a suspension fix for the T-45. As you know it was siting too stretched.

This temp fix make it look more realistic for user and AI.

It shouldn't occur, but please let me know if you face some durability issues on landings on carrier wich are rough than airfield landings, for future adjustments. There's still some issues with wheels diging a bit on the ground when landing, so this is WIP, until a new official version of the mod is released.

It can also be dowloaded here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qBgjb6LbIdYodynKf0gf4B9t2BmN6MHB/view?usp=sharing

new susp.jpg

new susp2.jpg

Edited by LCO489
New download link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Thank you for this great mod, its great to fly and makes so much fun!

I have to questions:

-I don't own the supercarrier, I tried to land on a CVN-74 John C Stennis (which should work without supercarrier) but sadly the hook doesn't connect. Is this just a matter of training and the right angle or is it impossible without paying?

-The multicrew part is really interesting, I really want to try it out with a friend who is interested in DCS as a trainer, but from what I have seen in videos is that it is still buggy and doesn't synchronize very well. Is there a save way to learn my friend how to fly without getting frustrated? Maybe some Dos and Don'ts for a nice experience?

Thank you!

On 8/22/2021 at 6:34 PM, lukas_lb said:

-I don't own the supercarrier, I tried to land on a CVN-74 John C Stennis (which should work without supercarrier) but sadly the hook doesn't connect. Is this just a matter of training and the right angle or is it impossible without paying?

Hi

For me it works consistently with some missions, not at all with other missions.

Have you tried the A4 or other carriers?

I understand that DCS comms haven't been implemented, so we can't talk to Mother or an airfield, but is the comms with ground crew fully implemented?  Sometimes it seems to work quite reliably, in that we can reload/rearm, and request launch from the supercarrier.  Sometimes in the exact same session, we can't get the menus to come up at all.  Some of us use Vaicom/VoiceAttack and it detects that we are trying to communicate with the ground crew (via a confirmation beep), but it does not pop anything up.  Using the \ and whatever other keybinds also does not always bring up the menu.  I'd say it works about 10% of the time.

Wondering if others have encountered this issue as well.

On 9/7/2021 at 1:34 AM, Dickie said:

Hello

Has anyone had any luck with icls, I don't get the option to select it on the mfd. I've already tried to turn it on at the control panel but it's difficult to know if you've got the correct position.

ICLS is not implemented in the T-45... and my understanding is its not part of the real aircraft.  Its a day CQ training aircraft only very similar to the T-2C, not designed for advanced CQ training.

Edited by DP Spaz
Adding Quoted question

We've been flying countless hours this aircraft since it's release in the squadron. Amazing work, can't actually believe it's a free mod even.

The only thing that really annoy all of us, is a bug related to the canopy-glass texture, I think. For some weird reason, when the sun is down (Sunset or Dawn), you get a crazy reflection that doesn't allow you to see anything at all, with a huge glare. Weirdest thing is that this also happens if you're in a Hangar, you can actually see the sun through the walls. I know it has to be with the canopy-glass because the moment you open the canopy, the effect is gone.

Does anyuone know if this will be fixed at all, at any point? It is the biggest flaw of the mod atm, as it makes it unflyable under certain conditions. The rest of the mod, apart from a few minor bugs here and there, is certainly awesome.

Edit: I'm talking about this, altough in VR the effect is much much bigger, to the point that you can't actually see anything in that direction. It can't be really appreciated on the screenshot.

112.jpg

With the canopy open:

113.jpg

Other image:

114.jpg

Edited by Odirse
Adding images