VNAO T-45 Goshawk

50 minutes ago, JUICE said:

@Rudel_chw If you fly this in single player, you can hit Pause Break and go outside and take screenshots and then unpause to continue the trap

Thanks for the tip .. I was so used to make my screenshots during the track replays, that I hadn't considered other alternatives. 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

@MadMaxter You guys will have to get A T45 silhouette model for Frantz at www.tacview.net soon.  Here's a video showing the T45 as a paper airplane overhead starting around 3:12 into the video.

• Like 2

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like a great mod and after seeing some of the videos I'm keen to get it going. However, tried several 1.0.0. and 1.0.1 installs to DCS 2.7 /User/DCS open.beta/Mods/Aircraft/ and it's there but the aircraft still doesn't show when starting DCS. I read the posts on the SRS and folder in folder, but taking it out of the unzipped folder still didn't make it work nor did still replacing the SRS files. 
"Removed SRS script from download; the T-45 is now integrated into the latest SRS update" stated in Change log I take it that means the original file does not have to be replaced as it was in 1.0.0.  Still no luck. 

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, NLKiwiflyer said:

Any ideas?

Sometimes the antivirus might quarantine the Mod’s DLL, check the antivirus logs. Also, confirm that your Windows has the latest Visual C runtime installed (if not, download it from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0 )

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

@NLKiwiflyer I downloaded the zip folder to my downloads section and then opened it and simply copied the VNAO_T45 file to my c/users/mypcname/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft folder and it worked and SRS works just fine here...perhaps putting the zip file on your pc like this and then copying the files without using the unzip function might work.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi, all.  I've installed this mod correctly in my users folder with all the other (working) aircraft mods. It shows up as installed in Module Manager, and I see two instant action missions, but I still can't get this to show up in ME as a flyable aircraft OR an AI bird.  I've got the latest 2.7 release, did a clean and repair.  Could someone who got this working please lend a hand?

image.png 

image.png

@dmatsch  Can you scroll down further...the T45 is not the HAWK which was the BAE HAWK that was discontinued in DCS.  Is it turned on in the module manager, Etc...here's a screenshot of me adding the T45 as new aircraft?

Screen_210527_100251.png

Screen_210527_101712.png

Edited by JUICE
Clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, make sure to not have the Historic Filter enabled, as that feature is only for official DCS Modules:

xOpuUCa.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:24 PM, RogerRamjet said:

Okay, let's try this. Can one of you with the latest release fly one of the case 1 pre-defined missions (see photo). Maybe I have to create a mission with the supercarrier to land successfully? If you could record the flight, I would appreciate comparing it to one of mine. Mine never seem to play back fully, not sure why that is...  So, below T-45C 105, T-45C 112, etc. In version 1, I could land any of these.

T-45Menu.png

Well, I just got the latest 2.7 update and now I am landing successfully every time. Love this MOD!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RogerRamjet said:

Well, I just got the latest 2.7 update and now I am landing successfully every time. Love this MOD!

About time you got your act together. Was about to send you off to the Air Force due to boarding rate issues. Must have been all of that F14 pilot mentoring you got. 😉

1 hour ago, JUICE said:

Anyone have a reference for T-45C CV Ops that shows the carrier's optimum speed/winds over the deck range?

That info would be in an Aircraft Recovery Bulletin specific to the ship. The T45 CQ instruction mentions that the wind will be “between 20-30 knots”. All things considered, I’d recommend 20 knots of WOD. The higher the wind for a given glide slope, the less hook to ramp clearance, and the flatter the approach. The approach speed is so low that 20 knots of Recovery Wind results in a leisurely closure rate.

Jet looks so tiny on a big deck carrier that you don’t even need the hook. 😉 

• Like 2

Viewpoints are my own.

11 hours ago, JUICE said:

@NLKiwiflyer I downloaded the zip folder to my downloads section and then opened it and simply copied the VNAO_T45 file to my c/users/mypcname/saved games/dcs.openbeta/mods/aircraft folder and it worked and SRS works just fine here...perhaps putting the zip file on your pc like this and then copying the files without using the unzip function might work.

Thanks Juice. Did that but still no luck. I saw somewhere where it said it needs the F15 from Flaming Cliffs? I have only the F18, Spitfire, Supercarrier, A29 and MB339 installed and they all work fine. I'm not a highly PC literate so wouldn't know where to check version of Visual C as suggested by Rudl_chw. 

Ah well, thanks all for your replies; have to let this go for now.

Thanks Juice. Did that but still no luck. I saw somewhere where it said it needs the F15 from Flaming Cliffs? I have only the F18, Spitfire, Supercarrier, A29 and MB339 installed and they all work fine. I'm not a highly PC literate so wouldn't know where to check version of Visual C as suggested by Rudl_chw. 
Ah well, thanks all for your replies; have to let this go for now.
Scroll back, and you will find the download link. VC reist is the Microsoft Visual C rsdistribution package. We'll, one of them. So it's safe to download and install. It's from Microsoft, it's a simple exe file. OK and forget. You'll need it for the A-4E-C Community Module as well, if you ever decide to get that one.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, dmatsch said:

Thank you, Rudel_chw.  It was the historical filter.  Apparently, it's a date range filter as it works backwards in time as well.  I had the mission date set for 2021 and the filter on.

the filter is basically a table with one entry for each DCS vehicle and country combination, containing the historic year range it was in service. The problem is that the table contains only official vehicles, so no users-created vehicles appear on the table 

Can this actually carry any live ammo?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

1 minute ago, VFGiPJP said:

Can this actually carry any live ammo?

No, the real-life aircraft only carries training ammo ... and I imagine the simulated aircraft does the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Brilliant mod. This brought me back to DCS after initially downloading the sim and not being terribly intrigued by the Su25 or the P51 (although the P51 is great, trail draggers just arent my thing)  Thank you all involved!

Hi guys, After the last update, whenever I quit DCS I get a CTD. Yes, I know, the dreaded Mods. BIGNEWY told me to remove all the Mods from my computer and DCS would be perfect again. The problem is that I dont want to. If I have to ditch DCS, I will!!! Anybody here remembers PATCO? Well, "I Was 1 in '81"

Cuco Negron,

San Juan, PR

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, the real-life aircraft only carries training ammo ... and I imagine the simulated aircraft does the same.

I'm hoping VNAO keeps the aircraft true to the real world training ammo as I don't think this aircraft was ever used by another nation as a strike airplane was it?

@NLKiwiflyer

About the F-15C Flaming Cliffs, that might be the mission you are using and it could be a requirement...try building a mission from scratch with just the aircraft you have and see if that works.

Edited by JUICE
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

58 minutes ago, Cuco said:

BIGNEWY told me to remove all the Mods from my computer and DCS would be perfect again. The problem is that I dont want to. If I have to ditch DCS, I will!!!

That's a bit extreme ... testing to locate the specific Mod that causes the problem isn't an option?

1 hour ago, Cuco said:

Hi guys, After the last update, whenever I quit DCS I get a CTD. Yes, I know, the dreaded Mods. BIGNEWY told me to remove all the Mods from my computer and DCS would be perfect again. The problem is that I dont want to. If I have to ditch DCS, I will!!! Anybody here remembers PATCO? Well, "I Was 1 in '81"

Cuco Negron,

San Juan, PR

It’s a pretty standard diagnostic comment, to actually understand what is broken, add the mods back in one at a time, until you find the one that actually breaks it…then back out that mod, add in one a time until some thing breaks rinse and repeat…

• Like 3

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg