VNAO T-45 Goshawk

I just want to verify that in the Keyboard column of the game there are no key commands for the UFC/DEP ?  Do I make my own?

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Am I doing something wrong here? When I start on the carrier ready to taxi, I cannot get enough nose wheel steering, the radius of the turn is so wide, I barely keep the plane on the boat. I have rudder pedals, have toggled the nose wheel steering option, nothing gives me a tighter turn radius... Help please!

5 minutes ago, RogerRamjet said:

Am I doing something wrong here? When I start on the carrier ready to taxi, I cannot get enough nose wheel steering, the radius of the turn is so wide, I barely keep the plane on the boat. I have rudder pedals, have toggled the nose wheel steering option, nothing gives me a tighter turn radius... Help please!

It isn't a toggle, you need to hold it down - there is a green indicator light for this on the warning/caution/advisory lights panel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

It isn't a toggle, you need to hold it down - there is a green indicator light for this on the warning/caution/advisory lights panel.

Thank you! I've been flying the F-14 which once you toggle the nose wheel steering, it stays engaged. I'll give this a go 🙂

• Like 1

Just a note of congratulations. The devs did a great job and are to be commended for their efforts.

The T45C is going to be a fantastic little trainer. If you are having difficulty with your carrier pattern and landings, jump into this little guy. 

Same with ACM. If you want to learn energy management and how to maneuver to an adversary’s six, then grab a buddy and use the AIM9 envelope that Training command uses (~Atoll) or declare guns only. You’ll learn a lot.

Really nice job on the mod overall.

• Like 5

Viewpoints are my own.

5 hours ago, Mudhen1 said:

Any idea if keybinds for rudder pedal are coming?

In the last patch (1.01) the team updated the keybinds.

Please check my screenshot below how I see it in the options now.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Update: I was really pleased to see the update for keybinds, as for business travel reasons I have to sometimes use an Xbox controller setup...  😉

Rudder Keybinds T-45.jpg

Edited by Vettefan
  • Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 4:02 AM, goodspeed said:

Magnificent achievement. The 3D model is superb as well as the delivered liveries. I look forward to further development. Congratulations to the whole team. Thank you 👏

I second it.... Awesome Job

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]vMa1Dvw.jpg[/url][/sIG][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time

8 hours ago, Vettefan said:

In the last patch (1.01) the team updated the keybinds.

Please check my screenshot below how I see it in the options now.

I hope this helps.

Cheers.

Update: I was really pleased to see the update for keybinds, as for business travel reasons I have to sometimes use an Xbox controller setup...  😉

Rudder Keybinds T-45.jpg

So, the throttle axis doesn't work?  I am not able to get it to recognize my Winwing Orion throttle axis.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Suggestion: add the option to enable the central column to hide or show 

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

17 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

I cant start the engines. I can move the switches ok but no warning lights show. also the rudder pedals and stick doesnt move although the axis shows in settings. Version 1.01 and latest nvid drivers.

betteries on

generator on

Engine on

press gts start button (on front side of throttle) 

wait for gts green light on instrument panel 

Engine to Start (right click) momentarily 

wait for green Ready light on Instrument panel

click on throttle fingerlifts, to move the throttle into idle.

wait for rpm to reach 55%

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Got everything working and was able to get up for a few traps.  Great job.  Going to be a nice jet once you get the bugs sorted.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

The engine off/on/start button, between the on and start it is now spring-loaded, you can click on to start and it will automatically go back to on.

Complaint: still cannot read the HUD clearly, however, when put on MFD, it is fin

Question: LAW is still not working, right?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I am trying to do a Helios profile for this plane and I need to know what the internal name of the plane in DCS.   Is it "T-45" or "VANO_T45"?  The log does not make this choice clear. 

FROM THE HELIOS MANUAL:

Getting the DCS internal airplane name

OK, Let's works...the first you need to know the internal name of the airplane in DCS, so follow the next steps:

1- Run DCS and enter in a mission flying the airplane you need the internal name. In that example the F-5E

2- Press pause and then open SavedGames/DCS/Logs/dcs.log with a text editor. On the final lines you can find the Helios export message about the airplane flying in that moment:

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I am trying to do a Helios profile for this plane and I need to know what the internal name of the plane in DCS.   Is it "T-45" or "VANO_T45"?  The log does not make this choice clear. 

FROM THE HELIOS MANUAL:
Getting the DCS internal airplane name

OK, Let's works...the first you need to know the internal name of the airplane in DCS, so follow the next steps:

1- Run DCS and enter in a mission flying the airplane you need the internal name. In that example the F-5E

2- Press pause and then open SavedGames/DCS/Logs/dcs.log with a text editor. On the final lines you can find the Helios export message about the airplane flying in that moment:

VAICOM recognize. It as T-45.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

MAXsenna

Thanks.

• Like 1

I think I love this plane, if you ever decide to make of it an official paid module count one as already sold to me.

The new font is so much better than the old one: it was ugly as hell and almost unreadable!.

BTW: Its me that boltered 4 times in a row or there is something wong with Supercarrier carriers? Looks like it can't hook when landing...

Apart of this little problem landing the Goshawk on a carrier seems to be much easier than doing it with an Hornet.

Edited by LordOrion
  • Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Attached is a Helios two screen version of the T-45.  Before the updated, the MFDs on the second screen were very clear.  Now then are unreadable.  The Change log does not indicate a modification of fonts, etc.  In my profile, the UFC, except for the two dials, are controllable with key commands that I added.  The two MFDs are controllable from my TM Cougar MFDs as there were just two many keys to added.  Helios RC 1.png

2 minutes ago, sobe said:

The Change log does not indicate a modification of fonts, etc.

Actually it did:

Improved HUD/MFD font

• Like 1

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

4 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

Actually it did:

4 minutes ago, LordOrion said:

I guess the improvements are in the eyes of the beholder.  For me, the second screen of MFDs are now useless.