VNAO T-45 Goshawk

Just now, DonJosh said:

Is there a changelog?

inside the file, got to download it first 😇

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes - look in the download file. ChangeLog_v1.0.1.txt

Edited by YSIAD_RIP
  • Like 2
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

Just in case you didn't want to update without knowing what it addressed.

v1.0.1
Fixed TACAN bug when there is a carrier with only 1 waypoint
Improved TACAN so it won't fail if carrier or mission isn't loaded correctly
Fixed AI getting stuck at end of catapult launch
Fixed Right MFD ADI roll pointer not showing up
Removed SRS script from download; the T-45 is now integrated into the latest SRS update
Fixed night instant action mission not showing up
Fixed rear MFD rocker controls only affecting right side
Fixed MFD alignment so right side isn't cut off
Fixed engine thrust not decreased enough at high altitude
Added/Fixed keybindings for:    
    - DEP/UFC
    - Battery switches
    - Engine switch
    - HYD 2 reset
    - Rudder pedals
    - Throttle
    - Gear down and up
    - Anti-skid
    - Hook
    - Launch bar
    - Canopy
    - Generator Switch
    - HUD power and brightness
Fixed ADI page slip ball moving too far
Improved HUD/MFD font
Added seat arming handle and ejection handle
Fixed External lights master switch
Fixed cabin altitude needle being incorrect
Fixed cage HUD button on MFD
Fixed rear seat altimeter knob
Revised Ejection seat materials to support seat arm
Added the revised ejection seat mats to the external model
Fixed ejection seats that would persist in the pit after ejection
Updated the clickable interaction on various knobs and switches that were incorrect
Revised the pit shadow shell to mask the external light leak into the pit more
Updated the overall pit base materials to be lighter so the pit isn't so dark in shadow
Updated the right console mats as they were missing the correct weathering and base mats

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 4/26/2021 at 11:40 AM, nibbylot said:

Please do let me know if that works or not so we can confirm it for others

Installing this worked for me.

"The latest supported Visual C++ downloads" https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads-2647da03-1eea-4433-9aff-95f26a218cc0 

• Like 1

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

Missing plane problem. Instant Action cold start up. Cockpit does not show up. External views still no show neither, until a few minutes later. Must have just Ed returned by WW.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

7 hours ago, MadMaxter said:

VNAO has just released a new build. Version 1.01
https://www.mediafire.com/file/igxeyo81nx1i01w/VNAO_T45_v1.0.1.zip/file

Also, we feel that now is the time to release the long-awaited paint kit. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/76e9i7ylzqx4dqc/VNAOSIM_T45C_paint_kit_v1.0.zip/file

Enjoy!

Stellar job! Thank you so much for this great update. I am really, really happy about these improvements.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Minor thing I noticed: All my flights are recorded as night-flights in the logbook (I actually flew 95% day and 5% night so far but day-flights shows 0).

Not a big deal for me but maybe a topic to be investigated for one of the next updates in future.

This is really a superb addition to DCS and many thanks for the (obvious) huge amount of work you have put into this project.

Really pleased to see some of the key bindings reviewed; I was starting to think there was something wrong with my X-55 so I'll check them out and report.

One thing I haven't been able to do is arm the aircraft.  On clicking on the pylon boxes I don't get any options and the 'Select Loadout' only offers a 'empty' option.

Just installed the new build and i now do not have the engine sounds, everything else can be heard, other aircraft all good and old build was deleted before install, any help folks?

FIXED ( took the aircraft out of the mission in ME then back in ) all good, great mod nice work VNAO

Edited by DOBBO45

Very nice fixes in v1.01

I went ahead and created 4v4 ACM T-45C MP only mission with simulated Virtual Mission Training System (VMTS). I used my Top Gun ACMI pod code and bent it little to fit T-45C "lore". This time it is carrier based and uses Stennis so it can be run completely free.   

It is great fun to train dogfights with T-45C. See readme.txt and mission briefing how it works.

Enjoy!

http://www.prekladytextu.eu/DCS/T-45C_Virtual_Mission_Training_System_v1_00.zip

I saw three way switch was added for Flaps to handle Warthog Throttle three way switches. Please consider do same for Engine and Generator switches please. 

I am not sure if I did something wrong but I can't click seat arm in 3d cockpit and I can't find any key for it as well.

EDIT: just updated zip. Forgot 4th slot from red and blue team.

Edited by ataribaby
  • Thanks 2

Doing CQ is getting old, so I decided to try dogfighting in T-45 against an A-4 set as a "civilian" (i.e. with no weapons). The A-4 is AI controlled, set to "veteran". Well, I got my a** handed to me neatly. There was literally nothing I can do: The A-4 out-climbed me and out-rated me easily. I don't fly in MP, but I'm curious if anyone has tried dogfighting in the T-45 against any other airframe flown by a human opponent (obviously, no weapons - just chasing each other around). 

Bremspropellor, I stand corrected. The RAF Hawk was not fully pressurised, and on a previous model in this sim you would have the effects of Hypoxia if you exceeded that height. Well done for reading the whole manual. So the USN must have put some big bucks in the update to the basic airframe, not sure we would have done that even with the latest version, MOD is noted for being penny wise but pound foolish as we say in the UK

• Like 1

According to NATOPS, the T-45 is pressurised to a maximum differential of 4 psi. Which means that at the 40,000 ft ceiling you will need supplementary oxygen to keep the oxygen partial pressure up to safe levels, if I understand this correctly. The on-board oxygen generator system (OBOGS) provides this. 

From a brief search, it looks like the Hawk also had a maximum cabin pressure differential of 4 psi: see here, p. 37.

https://www.aerosociety.com/media/4842/the-hawk-story.pdf

Edited by AndyJWest
  • Like 1

Ahh good, found ejection arm clickable hotstpot finally 🙂

Pretty please make VX-23 Salty Dogs with working dynamic bort numbers like default red livery 😉 

Edit: Ahh I see, it is one unique 205 blue airframe. I will probably use another colorful liveries for blue team.

Edited by ataribaby

Is there a limitation in the multiplayer/multi-cockpit aspect that doesn’t allow synchronisation of gear and flap indication or engine parameters......... Is my install glitched or is it just not possible for the developers to achieve these functions with the limitations imposed by ED?

Instructing and troubleshooting basic flight techniques without being able to see (or hear) what is happening with the RPM is difficult.  Also, not having indication of the flap/gear/speed brake position also complicates the issue.  

not sure how the T45 deals with selection of services from the backseat.. Hawk T1/1A has the ability to leave the selection with the front cockpit to avoid mishap and issues with the gear and flap selection buttons/switches not being in synch... as instructor you always asked the student to select gear and flap... and you can verify position by the indications.

Despite this, it has forgiving handling characteristics like the T1.... although it must be super heavy compared to T1 with its carrier gear and avionics as it really struggles to get a decent low level speed....... and the trim takes a loooooooooonnnnnnggg time to get to where I want it.  Biggest trim change in T1 was going from flap up to full flap in a practice or real forced landing as it was blown down by nitrogen pressure and got there real quick... even that travel could be trimmed by a relatively quick trim input.

looking forward to further development of this module.... well done VNAO.....it takes me back to cajoling the guy in front to fly better!.🤣

What kind of roughmet does this plane uses? I tried to make my own livery with Finnish Hawk colors by using the paintkit and the color should be matte dark grey. After long adjusting, I managed to get the actual color (although not matte) right but some markings are way different colored in the game than in photoshop. Also the plane's surfaces shimmers quite much.

I haven't seen this kind of color problems in any other DCS plane.

Edited by Blinde