VNAO T-45 Goshawk

48 minutes ago, buceador said:

I recently downloaded the T-45 mod.  Its well made, 75% functional, has limited multicrew support etc.

Unfortunately I have been unable to create a video demonstrating its abilities.

The reason being that however simple I make the "mission" ie no other aircraft, no tasks, no fast forward etc, etc, it never adheres, the what occurs when you are flying it.

Now I am well aware of the shortcomings of DCS recorded tracks but generally for for most of the time the recorded tracks play out as flown.

Has anybody else encountered this problem with the Goshawk mod?

I've had mixed results recording tracks. Sometimes they will play back fine, often they won't. Given the general problems DCS has with tracks, and the fact that this is the initial release of a free mod, I'm not particularly surprised at this. 

• Like 1

Just tried it and it is great. Looking forward for next versions. Thanks for effort.

As it is too early to report avionics and other system bugs just small cosmetic quirk - please remove pilot from static and parked-uncontrolled T-45s

Just found there is Left MFD ADI bleed of symbols on right MFD

image.png

Edited by ataribaby
  • Like 1

Re Bremspropellar, Nice job with the Mach.1 but as you should have passed out after 10k feet. The old hawk is not pressurised, it's up to the crew to keep their masks and and stay safe. I don't know what the normal training/operational window is for the hawk....but it ain't 40kft lol

50 minutes ago, flyingscotsman said:

Re Bremspropellar, Nice job with the Mach.1 but as you should have passed out after 10k feet. The old hawk is not pressurised, it's up to the crew to keep their masks and and stay safe. I don't know what the normal training/operational window is for the hawk....but it ain't 40kft lol

Quoting the NATOPS:

Pressurization commences at 5,000 feet MSL and increases approximately linearly with altitude until the full differential pressure of 4psi is attained at 40,000 feet MSL.

🙂

• Like 2

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!

Does this work online?  I've tried but it causes DCS to crash.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Loving this mod! Fantastic work by the VNAO team.

Hoping to use it to get more folks in to try it out - is there a way to bind throttle increase/decrease to buttons or keyboard keys? I didn't see them in the bindings by default, but it's how I usually set up planes with an Xbox controller if I'm trying to map it for someone with no Hotas access.

Hi guys,

first, thanks for this phantastic plane. Really nice, will be my trainer for learning carrier ops.

A few things I'm not really clear about or which I think are not correct are obviously also there:

One thing i'm currently not clear about is the shutdown procedure. With the throttle fingerlifts, you cannot get the throttle back to the "off" position once you moved it up to idle?

I found one strange behavior: I cannot use TACAN any more (shows only "000" and the dials are not responding) if i place a ship on the map 🤨 Tried with a Perry, a Ticonderoga and even the Truman (!), all of them made TACAN behave like that, making it kind of unuseable.
Doesn't happen with the speedboats.

The log complains about problems in a "get_carrier_data" function ... 

2021-04-27 12:40:21.642 ERROR   SOUND: source_add(host:COCKPIT_TACAN, proto:MorzeDot, alt_proto:): can't find proto
2021-04-27 12:40:21.642 ERROR   SOUND: source_add(host:COCKPIT_TACAN, proto:MorzeDash, alt_proto:): can't find proto
2021-04-27 12:40:21.727 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error post_initialize:[string "C:\Users\dwmin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav/MissionData.lua"]:79: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	[C]: ?
	[string "C:\Users\dwmin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav/MissionData.lua"]:79: in function 'get_carrier_data'
	[string "C:\Users\dwmin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav/TACAN.lua"]:54: in function <[string "C:\Users\dwmin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav/TACAN.lua"]:48>.
2021-04-27 12:40:21.727 INFO    COCKPITBASE: lua state still active TACAN, 16
2021-04-27 12:40:21.735 INFO    COCKPITBASE: lua state still active VOR_ILS, 17
2021-04-27 12:40:21.735 INFO    COCKPITBASE: lua state still active NAV, 18
2021-04-27 12:40:21.735 INFO    COCKPITBASE: lua state still active EFM, 19
2021-04-27 12:40:21.735 ERROR   COCKPITBASE: TACAN::update:[string "C:\Users\dwmin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/aircraft/VNAO_T45/Cockpit/Scripts/Nav/MissionData.lua"]:118: attempt to get length of global 'miz_carriers' (a nil value)
2021-04-27 12:40:21.745 INFO    

Did anyone else observe that?

Ups, and one more thing ... flying on the Nevada Map to a waypoint. There is a discrepancy between the direction to the waypoint on the HUD and HSI. Pretty exactly 12°, which makes me think about some handling of magnetic variance?

CU

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JCofDI said:

Loving this mod! Fantastic work by the VNAO team.

Hoping to use it to get more folks in to try it out - is there a way to bind throttle increase/decrease to buttons or keyboard keys? I didn't see them in the bindings by default, but it's how I usually set up planes with an Xbox controller if I'm trying to map it for someone with no Hotas access.

This is something that was addressed a couple times ago on the previous pages, as many guys here would like to see this feature (me included for the reason you mentioned). It was  addressed to the devs so let's stay tuned.  🙂

32 minutes ago, Vettefan said:

This is something that was addressed a couple times ago on the previous pages, as many guys here would like to see this feature (me included for the reason you mentioned). It was  addressed to the devs so let's stay tuned.  🙂

Thanks a bunch - haven't had a chance to catch up on all the posts since release so apologies for the repetition. Too busy flying the Goshawk I guess 😄

• Like 1

Hello. I wanted to thank you for this fantastic job that you have done and above all ... especially for the free access of this mode, it is really huge. Another big thank you for our community, it's really nice. May the best happen to you. A passionate little French. Best regards. Aeraunautically.

• Like 1

Regarding pressurisation, I found a T-45C bingo reference table online, which gives the altitude for the longest-range (250 nm) bingo fuel calculation (gear up, flaps up, drag index=0) as 40,000 ft. I'd assume that a long-range cruise is the only time you are likely to benefit from operating that high.

A word of caution though. The VNAO Quick Start Manual says that the OBOG (on-board oxygen generator system) is 'not simulated'. Oxygen deprivation at altitude does however seem to be - or at least, after flying at 35,000 ft and 220 KIAS for twenty-odd minutes, checking fuel consumption, I got DCS's simulation of hypoxia - blurred image, and the onset of greying out. Whether it does this consistently, and under what conditions, I don't know. Not a criticism (this is a free mod, and a WIP) but something you may need to be looking out for if you are up high for extended periods, and don't want to have to do a simulated emergency descent.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:43 PM, Katj said:
On 4/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, AirKiller said:
Reasons are simple :

What is preventing you from installing version 2.7? 

1 - hard drive not enough large....
2 - i'm not informaticien
3 - i don't want uninstall stable version and all this mods and configurations that i did

BUT if you have a solution...?

Why not just wait for 2.7 to come to stable?

That what i will do...I will thank when i test it.....👍😉

Edited by AirKiller

On 4/26/2021 at 7:37 AM, jjl9999 said:

As for me very simple: 

1/   I prefer to stay on a stable version mainly, and the stable version is still 2.5.6 

2/  Going to 2.7 requires Windows10, and I am still on Windows7, and my PC refused to upgrade to W10, for unknown reasons.... so this is at risk... 

If making a 2.5.6 version of this addon is a huge work, then I understand that modders want to stick to 2.7 ... but if having a functional 2.5.6 is feasible, it would be a plus.... for many of us.... for sure.    

I am successfully running v2.7 under Win 8.1 with very good (frames) performance (better than 2.5.6 under Win 7). I made no changes to my hardware config (other than drivers) under Win 8.1.  This is a viable option!!

23 hours ago, BoneDust said:

Nice model.  

Attempted to try it this evening, but it is not recognizing me Winwing Orion throttle axis.  It recognizes the throttle sliders but not the throttle.  Any thoughts?

I have the Orion HOTAS and had no trouble with the throttle axis. Did you advance the throttle full forward through the afterburner detent?

VNAO has just released a new build. Version 1.01
https://www.mediafire.com/file/igxeyo81nx1i01w/VNAO_T45_v1.0.1.zip/file

Also, we feel that now is the time to release the long-awaited paint kit. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/76e9i7ylzqx4dqc/VNAOSIM_T45C_paint_kit_v1.0.zip/file

Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 9

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

VNAO has just released a new build. Version 1.01
https://www.mediafire.com/file/igxeyo81nx1i01w/VNAO_T45_v1.0.1.zip/file

Also, we feel that now is the time to release the long-awaited paint kit. 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/76e9i7ylzqx4dqc/VNAOSIM_T45C_paint_kit_v1.0.zip/file

Enjoy!

Is there a changelog?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1