VNAO T-45 Goshawk

21 hours ago, MadMaxter said:

Rest assured we are burning the midnight oil to get this bird to early access release. Until then, here are some preview shots from our media vault. Remember, these are WIP shots and are subject to change.

Enjoy! ~

112f_wm.png112_ar.jpg223_112e.jpg

Just a question, how can you capture those shots with motion blur?

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, Avalanche110 said:

This is Really impressive. Cant wait for the release.

Have you considered making it an official module?

That’s a very complicated question. The simple answer is yes, we have considered it. No, we won’t go into further details though. We prefer to focus on the immediate and current plans. 

• Like 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

1 minute ago, F1GHTS-ON said:

If it's the Kinetic produced version, then my money's on Madmaxter 🙂

It is, and mine is too. But that's okay, because I want to fly the T-45 in DCS. So even if I lose, I win! 😄

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ST0RM said:

From their Discord, they'll wait for 2.7 to release and then check to see if its still working then release.

Just to clarify what was said about about an 'end of March' release. It really depends on when the major 2.7 DCS OB patch releases. We will most likely NOT release until after that so we can smoke check the plane with the new code. It would be unfortunate to release the plane at end of March in 2.5, 2.7 drops 1st week of April and there is a show stopper bug introduced. That's not fair to all of you and don't want to have that potentially happen. So, we will monitor the forums, ED news and weekly update emails and try to time the release as close to after 2.7 drops as possible so we can test then immediately release if we don't find any issues. Hope that info helps clarify things a bit.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Proud founder of VNAO and current deck jockey with VFA-103:pilotfly::pilotfly:

Not at my income level. 😛  And if I did have $600 laying around, I'd spend it on Thrustmaster TPM pedals.

Kit has arrived. I've washed the trees to remove any lingering mold release, and they're drying now. I'll start construction after work tonight.

T-45 Parts Trees Caption

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KWard said:

Not at my income level. 😛  And if I did have $600 laying around, I'd spend it on Thrustmaster TPM pedals.

Kit has arrived. I've washed the trees to remove any lingering mold release, and they're drying now. I'll start construction after work tonight.

T-45 Parts Trees Caption

Watch the wing to fuse join when attaching the wings, mine was slightly beyond the capabilities of filler. Also the main gear wells - building those up was "fun"!

Enjoy.

(Piccys when you're done bud!)

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Hi everybody, 

What a great work ! The T-45C looks amazing, really looking forward this beautiful bird ! Someone know what kind of RNAV we'll have ? CLIS, VOR, ADF, ILS, DME ? 

Thanks in advance for your answers and keep this great work, I'm sure this bird we'll be amazing ! 

I can recommend the MFG Crosswinds, been impeccable for about 2 years, but there is the odd aircraft that does not work well with them, usually a MOD. You may not have to pay $600 then. Nice kit of the T-45, post a piccy when it's done. Got a 1/48 Hawk I've still to start.....retirement not too far away....just got to get there first !

3 hours ago, KWard said:

T-45 Parts Trees Caption

On 3/11/2021 at 4:17 AM, MadMaxter said:

Just to clarify what was said about about an 'end of March' release. It really depends on when the major 2.7 DCS OB patch releases. We will most likely NOT release until after that so we can smoke check the plane with the new code. It would be unfortunate to release the plane at end of March in 2.5, 2.7 drops 1st week of April and there is a show stopper bug introduced. That's not fair to all of you and don't want to have that potentially happen. So, we will monitor the forums, ED news and weekly update emails and try to time the release as close to after 2.7 drops as possible so we can test then immediately release if we don't find any issues. Hope that info helps clarify things a bit.

Thank you for the detailed reply. Looking forward to the release. 🙂

The maintainers have pulled them onto the washrack and are getting the final safe for flight inspections done to prepare for launch. Enjoy!!

T45C_Hanger_02a_Main_Camera.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, Jester986 said:

I know it only carries training bombs and rockets, but does it have a variety of rockets or only smoke?

LAU-68 with 2.75in FFAR, any flavour you require.

• Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Jester986 said:

I know it only carries training bombs and rockets, but does it have a variety of rockets or only smoke?

The pods have the ability to carry rocket pods with any kind of ordinance. The Navy, however, hasn't used rockets in quite a while. According to many pilots we've talked to, they haven't been used in twenty years or so. Our mod will only be able to carry smoke rockets, as that is what was historically used for training. The hawk used in other air forces around the world may use different ordinance loadouts, but as this is a Goshawk, we will only represent what was actually used historically by the US Navy. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2021 at 2:38 PM, MadMaxter said:

The maintainers have pulled them onto the washrack and are getting the final safe for flight inspections done to prepare for launch. Enjoy!!

T45C_Hanger_02a_Main_Camera.png

A "Bravo Zulu" to all our NAVAIR MX crews for getting this baby ready to go!
We'll tell the first class of Nuggets to get ready for CQ!  Waiting for you to give us the 'Thumbs Up' and we'll get out to the deck for our FOD walkdown!

Looks great!  

• Like 1

Hello there!

I've been following the mods' progress silently for a while and honestly, I'm way more hyped for this mod than I'm for the Apache.

But I have some questions that I need to ask because they don't let me sleep at night. Don't worry, they are not about the release date 😉

I want to use this mod to train some friends of mine and my questions are:

1.) Will the flight instructor be able to turn off crucial systems like the HUD, HSI, Radio to simulate failures?

1.5)  Do systems like TACAN, Waypoints and intercom (SRS) work?

2.) Will the backseat environment be clickable?

-I've been using the MB339 mod to teach people the basics in DCS and it bugs me that I can't really do anything back there to either help or challenge my student.

3.) Is it possible for the instructor to do the startup from the backseat? If yes, will the pilot in the front notice it due to eventual synchronization errors?

This leads me to my last question:

4.) I already know that you don't have the official SDK for multicrew and that this can result in synchronization issues.

- How bad are these issues? Can you predict them/Do you already know how often they occur? In the MB339, the gear and flaps are not synchronized. Also, you have to join the aircraft    after the startup is done, because the backseat client does not recognize the pilot spooling up the plane. This is a bit unfortunate for a trainer, but it's not totally gamebreaking.

Thank you in advance and have a nice week!

PS. Is there a way to donate? I think your work should be rewarded.

Edited by FranconianGuy