[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] HARM TOO no target lock

Jak, thank you for the steps, but I have already tried those steps multiple times...still no diamond

If you don't get the diamond you're not pressing the correct button. Check your keybinds again for the Sensor Select Switch (SCS). It's a 4 way switch which you have to press in the direction of the display you want to make active:

- SCS right to make the right DDI active.

- SCS left to make the left DDI active.

- SCS up to make the HUD active.

- SCS down to make the MPCD active.

If you have your harm page on the left DDI you need to press SCS left to make it active (diamond appears in the upper right corner of the display). You also need to have the harm page in TOO mode before you can make it active.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

If memory serves, the EW (RWR) should be able to be made SOI (Sensor of Interest) and then the emitter selected via a movable cursor. In other words, the HARM can be designated from the EW display. This position is the weapons primary INS location before launch.

I can't fire a HARM in TOO as yet, but will keep fiddling with button assignments.:joystick:

There needs to be an option to select missile loft or aircraft loft mode, as this affects launch range. Speaking of range, there should also be an *in range" cue on the HUD, with a numerical range to target.

With missile loft mode it should enter a "loiter" phase if emitter is lost and if the emitter remains silent, the weapon will attack the last known position in it's INS.

Anyone out there flown the VRS Superbug?:music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Silly question here but I gotta ask. Are you guys pulling the trigger or pushing the weapons release button?? I believe that anything that "shoots" away from the aircraft, such as the gun or any of the missiles requires that you pull the trigger instead of pushing a button. I could be wrong but I seem to recall that this is true for the HARM at least.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Silly question here but I gotta ask. Are you guys pulling the trigger or pushing the weapons release button?? I believe that anything that "shoots" away from the aircraft, such as the gun or any of the missiles requires that you pull the trigger instead of pushing a button. I could be wrong but I seem to recall that this is true for the HARM at least.

True!

Other than the gun, all A/G munitions whether or not they shoot away or drop are released via the weapons release button. The trigger does release A/A missiles, however.

IIRC Wags said TOO and SP dont provide range. Only PB.

Correct

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Feel like I have done all of these multiple times..but will go back through it again...I have tried both ways to shoot..I have rechecked my mapping of keys numerous times and changed them...I have tried to select the ddi multiple times..still nada...but I will start from ground zero again

Go to your keybindings menu. Press whatever button you have bound to the FLIR FOV/RAID/HARM sequencer button. Make sure it jumps to said binding and highlights it. If it doesn't, the button isn't being registered. If it does highlight, you have some other problem.

Also, in the track you posted, you did not assign TDC priority to the left DDI

OK so working through some things..Can fire the rockets with the stick or keyboard..can't fire the sidewinders though..thinking there is some kind of issue with input..anyone ever heard of that before..seems to be only with f-18 plane..never had this issue at all before

OK so working through some things..Can fire the rockets with the stick or keyboard..can't fire the sidewinders though..thinking there is some kind of issue with input..anyone ever heard of that before..seems to be only with f-18 plane..never had this issue at all before

With the F-18, you use the TRIGGER to fire A-A weapons (as if you were firing guns) rather than the WEAPON RELEASE button. Most other aircraft you use weapon release button.

yeah..some sort of weird input issue...reinstalled the mod still can shoot,,sidewinders, HARM...I key wont cycle targets.....I'm open to thoughts...very frustrating

You might want to delete the hornet controls files and start over. Under User/[your user name]/Saved games/DCSopenbeta/config/input/FA-18C_hornet

ok, thank you for the track file.

I don't know if you have tried to fire the Harm in SP mode.

But I could see in TOO mode that you did not have the diamond on the HARM's DDI, so you are not able to hand off a target to the HARM and you are not able to cycle thru the emitters.

Therefor you will have to find your "Sensor Conrol Switch - left" keyboard binding.

Depress it (left SCS) as soon as, (or just before) you are ready to hand off the target to the HARM seeker (which is done by Cage/Uncage button "C" by default, I think). You can only fire a HARM if there is a "RDY" below the "HARM" in the top left DDI, as it was in your track when you selected "SP" mode.

But this would all be senseless if you can't fire the (RDY) HARM in SP just by using WPN release button (right ALT + space by default).

Edited by Tom Kazansky

And for your Sidewinder fire problem:

With a X52-HOTAS you have to bind the "cannon's 2nd detent"-key (don't know how this is called by DCS in english) to the X52 stick's trigger (1st klick "JOY_BTN1", for the X52 has two klicks on the trigger: JOY_BTN1 and JOY_BTN15).

I guess you have tried that too, don't you? Just a thought...