Gonna order some Crosswinds, question...

Hey gang,

I need me some rudder pedals, bad. I don't have any right now.

The MFG Crosswinds are what I've had my eye on. Right now I only have the Hog and Hornet, but I plan on picking up the Tomcat, Harrier, and Huey, so I want a good pair of pedals. I've heard nothing but good about the Crosswinds.

My question is: do I need to get the add-ons? Ex: Cam centering and width adjustments. I'm a little confused by the Cams and whether it's a must-have.

Thanks!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had Crosswinds for a couple years. Never bought any of the additional stuff and I'll never need it. As is, they are an absolutely excellent set of pedals.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've had Crosswinds for a couple years. Never bought any of the additional stuff and I'll never need it. As is, they are an absolutely excellent set of pedals.

Good to hear, thanks!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Same here. I've been using them for at least a couple of years. Rock solid performance and build. I didn't buy any of the additional stuff either.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Had my Crosswinds since Dec 2015.

Love them just as much today as day I got them.

I did get the extra cam and width adjustment plate, ended up never using them.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the replies!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i love my Crosswinds!

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Excellent pedals, even if i have had some minor issues due to being early models. All solved with Milan helping out with "how to do this if you dumb as a rock" level of instructions. Like adding an extra m8 nut to magnet assembly etc, which have been fixed in later versions.

I'd buy them again if I had to, for any reason.

I got the No. 5 cam, just because it was easier than wondering about it later. The differences are subtle, but I'm going to use it just because I want the increasing force as it goes to full deflection. Much better to have the physical feedback for me.

I didn't purchase any of the add-ons, I found the cams that shipped with the crosswinds efficent enough for me.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hey gang,

I need me some rudder pedals, bad. I don't have any right now.

The MFG Crosswinds are what I've had my eye on. Right now I only have the Hog and Hornet, but I plan on picking up the Tomcat, Harrier, and Huey, so I want a good pair of pedals. I've heard nothing but good about the Crosswinds.

My question is: do I need to get the add-ons? Ex: Cam centering and width adjustments. I'm a little confused by the Cams and whether it's a must-have.

Thanks!

The answer to your question is don't over-think this. You're not going to be disappointed; add-ons are incremental.

Add ons are incremental yes.

But I also figured why not grab the extras from day one.

Doesn't really cost that much considering.

I have yet to even try the cam but I am getting good use out of the width adjustment kit.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.