DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Sorry. I don't like this strategy. And.. This is not the First time. I am not pleased at all. It is what it is. Pfffff it's Early access Polish comes after public release.

It is actually a perfectly understandable strategy that is used by many developers. It seems easier for ED to work with a smaller test bed of users at first and then after getting constructive feedback, release it to us OB testers. I am just grateful that they are still working on a flightsim for us during a pandemic...

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

So I know that they said the F-14 might not be usable when supercarrier is the first release (so please don't send me the link to that) but now that I believe 2 months have passed does anyone know if the tomcat will be useable when it is released?

So I know that they said the F-14 might not be usable when supercarrier is the first release (so please don't send me the link to that) but now that I believe 2 months have passed does anyone know if the tomcat will be useable when it is released?

NL said this...

So far the F-14 has been working very well with the SC in testing, both MP and SP, that said, there might be extra issues that need solving with it into Early Access. But it is much farther along then a month ago, for sure. Mostly its things like parking issues because of its size, or other size issues not seen with the smaller Hornet.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

It is actually a perfectly understandable strategy that is used by many developers. It seems easier for ED to work with a smaller test bed of users at first and then after getting constructive feedback, release it to us OB testers. I am just grateful that they are still working on a flightsim for us during a pandemic...
^This

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm quite shocked that the vapors from the catapults still go through the JBD like ghosts. It looks very unrealistic and reminds you of old games. Those aspects are key to a super module.
I would consider deck sliding fixed, spawn inside other objects, and a near dozen other issues we had with the carriers before the recode waaaay more important than some vapor eye-candy that isn't remotely affecting the actual usability... just my two cents.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

So far the F-14 has been working very well with the SC in testing, both MP and SP, that said, there might be extra issues that need solving with it into Early Access. But it is much farther along then a month ago, for sure. Mostly its things like parking issues because of its size, or other size issues not seen with the smaller Hornet.

So does it work with problem at the launch, or do we have to wait that all the bugs are fixed for using that modul with the F14 ?

I would consider deck sliding fixed, spawn inside other objects, and a near dozen other issues we had with the carriers before the recode waaaay more important than some vapor eye-candy that isn't remotely affecting the actual usability... just my two cents.

+1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• ED Team
So does it work with problem at the launch, or do we have to wait that all the bugs are fixed for using that modul with the F14 ?

It will work from launch, it is being used in testing currently, but understand it will be early access and any issues not resolved will be fixed during early access.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, from the practical point of view you're right. But come on, this vapor thing that doesn't respect the existence of an object should be fixed for a module to be considered super. But yeah, I see what you mean.

Stay safe

Sorry if asked before, but just out of curiosity, why will there still be a 20% discount after EA release?

I mean, normally as soon as a module is released it goes to full price

Not that I mind. Just wondering about it

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm hoping GA will be making a release video. Always looking forward to those.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I am just grateful that they are still working on a flightsim for us during a pandemic...

Same here :notworthy:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

The million dollar question is: "How will the SC module hold in VR, performance wise?"

I watched the video's from GR and Spud Knocker, but they didn't mention anything about performance (or I missed it). Then again they're not using VR anyways.. I'm anxious to see a first SC preview focused on VR performance :thumbup:

I know, I can try out myself in a few days.. But hey.. I'm curious ;)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

The million dollar question is: "How will the SC module hold in VR, performance wise?"

I watched the video's from GR and Spud Knocker, but they didn't mention anything about performance (or I missed it). Then again they're not using VR anyways.. I'm anxious to see a first SC preview focused on VR performance :thumbup:

I know, I can try out myself in a few days.. But hey.. I'm curious ;)

Yeah I wonder too. Surprises me how nearly all the main you tubers don't use VR its just so much fun. Think the new ball indicator will be good for VR use, but slightly concerned about the additional radio calls during key moments - ball call, as I usually use the mouse to click on them which takes me off flying for moment. Even in 2D pressing the f keys would be similar..

Similarly, it surprises me how many VR pilots don't use something like VAICOM Pro, to handle their radio communications.

A press of a Push to Talk button and a few well chosen words is so much easier than messing around in a menu and so much more realistic/immersive.

Similarly, it surprises me how many VR pilots don't use something like VAICOM Pro, to handle their radio communications.

A press of a Push to Talk button and a few well chosen words is so much easier than messing around in a menu and so much more realistic/immersive.

Agreed! Voice attack is one of my most important VR addon's, gives a huge benefit to both immersion and ease of use.

Already getting my Hornet/Tomcat ball commands setup!