DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

And your comment towards ED on the first post wasn’t rude?

.. I do try to be polite, but I have little patience with some people .. I will try to stay out of your way.

Please do, but not only for me, for all the replies like the one you made here that don't even try to help anyone but insult the poster. I don't know how things are in chile, but it isn't nice writing a post only to insult a person. I hope you can find peace some day.

Stay safe

What are we .. ten? ... you remind me of my children when car traveling: "are we there yet? .. how long until we get there? ... why arent we there yet?"

Seems spot on to me :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

DCS is better than P3D. P3D/FSX sells low quality products for $ 30-40. DCS is cheaper than FSX on when 50% sale. ED is a non-stock compay, not a stock company. ,

development or distribution is insufficient. Just waiting.

I was critical of EA, but I am so bored DCS curernt aircraft that I would like anything to be released as EA quickly.

I hope ED will suspend a wide range of projects for a while and deal with internal checks and bugs.

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

So here is a thought. Maybe with all the problems amongst a lot of the players with low FPS, crashes ect that they felt adding the super carrier module to the mix was going to kill enough fps for enough players that They said forget it?

Maybe the super carrier works fine but they decided they had to fix the underlying program code to make it usable? Perhaps finally they are addressing the big problem of inefficient code to the main program?

Just a thought.

Given the issues we have currently with the Stennis, it is highly unlikely that it is "just FPS." Net code efficiency and low fps may be contributors, but ED hasn't stopped a release to open beta solely for these reasons in the past that I'm aware of.

How can you even release something for SP only? If it's in DCS it's in DCS. Nothing will stop the guys who didn't read about the issues from trying it in MP and be disappointed.

I guess its not so hard . What we download and update its the client version of DCS so Its just that the the server version of DCS won't be updated to include the new assets. So supercarrier assets will be missing on server side.

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

I believe Kate said later in that thread it would not be a good idea for DCS or The DCS Community to have two separate versions of an Open Beta.

Imagine the kaos this would cause all the new members The "Free For All" event has brought to DCS who don't yet know how to Navigate The different versions of DCS World.

Sorry,I think a "SP Only" version is Highly unlikely

Patrick

mini.gif

I don't think anyone appreciates your rude comments, maybe the one who's ten years old is you. I know you're known on these forums for not being very polite but take it easy, we are people sharing here, there is no need for you to be so harsh :)

Anyone? Speak for yourself... not all. LOL! I appreciate it... seems reality and truth hurts. :megalol:

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

So Kate said that if they don't solve the MP issues by next Wednesday they will release the SC for SP. Is this another statement that ED is going to miss or are we going to get the SC next week?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4288414&postcount=290 was the post to which i think you are referring and if it is, then what she actually says is that they will consider releasing a single player version and not that they will actually release a single player version, after 2 weeks.

From https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4288649&postcount=343, which appears to be another post that you might have also have misread or forgotten, it would appear that someone had already clarified this for you.

From the tone of your OP, which you might also want to re-read/re-word, it would appear that you are trying to prepare the ground to accuse Kate/ED of breaking a promise that was never made. It may be that you genuinely forgot about the content of the two linked posts, but either way, it might be better to check the facts before making such posts in the future and perhaps avoid other members calling you out on it.

So Kate said that if they don't solve the MP issues by next Wednesday they will release the SC for SP. Is this another statement that ED is going to miss or are we going to get the SC next week?

She never said that, so there is no statement to miss. Please refrain from posting such slander.

• ED Team

No date has been set yet, when we have more information we will pass it on,

Until then you continued patience is appreciated

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For the guys that do not follow Hoggit, NineLine gave a solid answer yesterday about what is going on. I figured I would share it here.

Hey Steve, thanks, you guys know what is wrong with the Supercarrier, it is what is wrong with all carriers in DCS, multiplayer is way too rough right now (understatement?). This was the major reason that the SC came full stop right before release.

What needed to be done was an extensive re-write of the physics of the carriers, this is why you are seeing issues with the free ones, as it is a core issue, and affects all carriers in the game.

I can also say that this is going very well, and we are seeing great results internally, so I hope this will all be a distant memory very soon. Thanks!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

For the guys that do not follow Hoggit, NineLine gave a solid answer yesterday about what is going on. I figured I would share it here.

Hey Steve, thanks, you guys know what is wrong with the Supercarrier, it is what is wrong with all carriers in DCS, multiplayer is way too rough right now (understatement?). This was the major reason that the SC came full stop right before release.

What needed to be done was an extensive re-write of the physics of the carriers, this is why you are seeing issues with the free ones, as it is a core issue, and affects all carriers in the game.

I can also say that this is going very well, and we are seeing great results internally, so I hope this will all be a distant memory very soon. Thanks!

Good to hear

Thanks!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I posted a response in the Carrier Discussion thread that NineLine gave yesterday on Hoggit.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Great no-bull$hit response. I wish they could have posted that as a Super Carrier mini-update when they learned it was going to take some time, but it's a start. Looking forward to more information as they dig through the problems and see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For now, not a single complaint. Good work.

Steve

It's mostly the spaghetti code and core physics that affect carriers. It seems DCS has real trouble with handling moving aircraft on a moving ship.

Airhunter called it!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

It's really good news though, we're going to be very satisfied with the module in all its details and rectifications it certainly sounds like to me. Bravo ED, personally still happy to wait and just looking forward to it.

I don't often have bad things to say about ED, and after I get this off my chest I hope to return to regularly scheduled programming...

Anyone else find it difficult to believe the carrier physics are the only major problem that prevented release? If it was, it would have been clear from long before the revised April 15 deadline that there was weeks of work required before the release could go ahead, so it wouldn't have come down to the final hours. If the carrier physics were the problem, why not mention that work item in the roadmap update? Carrier physics have been the source of a lot of angst and news that they were doing anything about it would have been welcomed by players, regardless of whether they owned SC.

I don't like being the guy who waits eagerly for a reason and doesn't accept the one given, this just doesn't make sense to me. Either way, I'll leave that here.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I don't often have bad things to say about ED, and after I get this off my chest I hope to return to regularly scheduled programming...

Anyone else find it difficult to believe the carrier physics are the only major problem that prevented release? If it was, it would have been clear from long before the revised April 15 deadline that there was weeks of work required before the release could go ahead, so it wouldn't have come down to the final hours. If the carrier physics were the problem, why not mention that work item in the roadmap update? Carrier physics have been the source of a lot of angst and news that they were doing anything about it would have been welcomed by players, regardless of whether they owned SC.

I don't like being the guy who waits eagerly for a reason and doesn't accept the one given, this just doesn't make sense to me. Either way, I'll leave that here.

That is exactly what I think too. I am a software devoper myself and as such I believe it has been clear much earlier that the announced release date could not be accomplished.

I really love DCS World and its DLCs. But nevertheless I think it is simply unprofessional to inform customers just a few hours before the announced release that it won't happen, if the issues are so big that weeks of further programming are required to fix them.

Of course this is my personal subjective meaning and of course I might be wrong with it. But nevertheless the lack of regular detailed updates about the satus of the Supercarrier DLC since the announced release date looks quite suspicious to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nichts ist schöner als ein paar Panzer zum Frühstück.:megalol:

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

Sennheiser PC 363D Headset

2x Thrustmaster MFD