DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

:D

All good they can release info when they see fit and when they have enough info to give.

Well that is your opinion. I will continue to ask and I will continue post about the jack up communication. I paid my money and can ask about updates anytime I choose. Not like they give have been giving straight forward answers lately anyway.

• Like 1

Im so confused. The news about the Super Carrier that was suddenly announced to be announced later today, has now been postponed to tomorrow morning, Minsk time - the already published date of a hopeful Super Carrier release?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Im so confused. The news about the Super Carrier that was suddenly announced to be announced later today, has now been postponed to tomorrow morning, Minsk time - the already published date of a hopeful Super Carrier release?
This is getting better and better :-)

Release gets delayed... " OMG I paid money for this and I demand answers!!!!!"

Product gets released with major bugs, " OMG the product is a POS, why did I pay money for this and why does ED think they can use me as a product beta tester! They should have released it when it was ready!"

Can't win with some people. If it isn't ready, it isn't ready. If they are not releasing it due to the extending sale, that is one thing and I could understand some people being upset over that. But I would rather have it be in a usable state than dealing with major issues. So if it is delayed due to it not being in a usable state, then be all means delay it. My money went towards the development of it, not buying in to a beta test*

*That statement is a bit of a misleading statement as I realize I am on the open beta version and early access can have bugs so I sort of am, but it is in such a state where it is usable and the bugs are usually not experience killers for me.

Product gets released with major bugs, " OMG the product is a POS, why did I pay money for this and why does ED think they can use me as a product beta tester! They should have released it when it was ready!"

Can't win with some people. If it isn't ready, it isn't ready. If they are not releasing it due to the extending sale, that is one thing and I could understand some people being upset over that. But I would rather have it be in a usable state than dealing with major issues. So if it is delayed due to it not being in a usable state, then be all means delay it. My money went towards the development of it, not buying in to a beta tester*

*That statement is a bit of a misleading statement as I realize I am on the open beta version and early access can have bugs so I sort of am, but it is in such a state where it is usable and the bugs are usually not experience killers for me.

Agreed!

This is getting better and better :-)

Yaha, and I havent even pre-purchased into it. Im just sitting up here in the window trying to make sense of it all.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Ahh I was missing another good ol' PR disaster

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

True. If they don’t like the criticism then they should change their current early access business model. Once people invest in a product they don’t like being kept in the dark about it.

Absolytely agree with you man. Its not fair to pay for unfinished product and to wait years for something that you`ve been paid already. Because DCS users now should paid full price, but they dont get full and released product. For example look at the Hornet. And many more DCS products.

Thats why in my opinion pay system for EA should be changed, like something in this way:

-pay 50% for EA;

-pay another 50% for released product.

I think thats the fair deal.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Strange...

Kate Perederko has not posted in this forum since 2014 !

So what´s so special about the Super Carrier module that makes her want to post now ?

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

Strange...

Kate Perederko has not posted in this forum since 2014 !

So what´s so special about the Super Carrier module that makes her want to post now ?

Project has been cancelled?! Oh my that's gonna lead to quite a Shi*Storm of comments!!

Absolytely agree with you man. Its not fair to pay for unfinished product and to wait years for something that you`ve been paid already. Because DCS users now should paid full price, but they dont get full and released product. For example look at the Hornet. And many more DCS products.

Thats why in my opinion pay system for EA should be changed, like something in this way:

-pay 50% for EA;

If you don't want a product that is not finished you don't buy into EA sorry no change to the pay model is needed. There is many people who understand EA and don't mind what goes on because the support ED

Can't win with some people.

Point you are missing my friend is that a product was bought, announced to be released by the end of march, then it was to be released tomorrow and it is looking bad, and when you purchase something you expect it to be delivered to you on the promissed time, in good coondition, if it isn't one or the other I'm sorry but the consumer has every right to be upset, it's just the same old ED setting deadlines for ITSELF that they can't keep, maybe they shouldn't set dates at all and be done with it, but once you pre-sale with a release date set, they deserve the salt if they don't keep it, specially if they don't communicate well like this little circus we are watching today

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

-pay 50% for EA;

If you don't want a product that is not finished you don't buy into EA sorry no change to the pay model is needed. There is many people who understand EA and don't mind what goes on because the support ED

Exactly and if you pre-order it, you get a discount for EA access all the way to the release date.

Sure you can wait for a sale, but that would be longer down the road so you do get a perk buying into an EA from the start.

It's times like these i feel bad about every time i pointed my fingers at ED for reasons that felt justified, and still feel justified when i think about them.

Nothing was announced yet that would hint towards a delay, but the witch hunt is already on..

If there was a delay, yea that would be a huge downer because some of us are super hyped and i am sure people took off from work etc..

But consider if the announcement was something big / positive, y'all would look pretty stupid for not leaving your pitchforks in the barn for at least a few more hours..

However the outcome of the announcement will be, this threat speaks volume about us as a community.. Again. Unfortunate.

Not saying that concern is not understandable, just saying wait out the announcement pls..