DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

^

Well, good!

I need that, in at least one specific situation. I noticed if I retract the Su-33 gear while on ground, it gets stuck. Nose drops, gear folds halfway, but apparently it's no damage because repair (which also rights up the plane) refuse to operate (*1).

Here I need a crane (on carrier or ground) and ask the crew to hoist the nose... Generally I'd really like the crew to help out if the plane is stuck in an impossible position (nose towards tower, stuck in grass ...).

*1) Unless, repair has an issue where it refuses to repair unless the plane is completely motionless. Just a hypothesis, I'll post about that in 2.5.5 forum eventually. Repair works randomly on the carrier, more reliably on ground. Hypothesis being that it must be completely motionless to accept repair, but it isn't always on the carrier. Also, I did notice repair on ground didn't start while it was still bouncing slightly from my deliberate propeller breakage.

ed/add1

-----Scratch that hypothesis (maybe). A second attempt just now, repair started while still rocking a bit.

ed/add2

-----narrow further, repair command doesn't take with tail still in air, does take if tail down, even if whole plane plane still rocking

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Anyway, most have seen this silly video where a Rafale mod goes down the elevator and parallel park on it's on own power. :music_whistling:

No, that doesn't happen. Crews push and pulls it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257247

Speaking of crew courtesy ..., if I visit with my Spitfire, I'd like the crew to be hospitable. I'd like an invite down the elevator too. An F10 command perhaps for whatever plane parks on the elevator (speculating: if not perfectly parked, the crew could adjust it a little, seems reasonable, real life'y).

~

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Whenever you taxied to edge of deck or too close to tower, asking deck crew for a push back, yes please.

Dozens of deck

, pushing them to lineup and in hangar (I know full P-47 wasn't carrier planes, but idea is the same).

Both of these, walking and push back. If they can be done on the carrier, it would be a little silly to not be able to do that on land. On land you could be towed out of snow or pushed back if facing a building.

Is this a crane for clearing fouled decks? Lifting airplanes? Doesn't seem big enough, maybe it just moves ordnance.

Supercarrier-04.jpg

It's rated to lift up to 133,000 pounds!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

When it's working, it exists. The Kuznetsov upgrade could include the two tug boats constantly accompanying it, for when it breaks down (= not exist).;)

So by that logic I shouldn't pay for my car repair bill because it doesn't exist when it's in the shop.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

Hello everyone! Sometimes when I approach Stennis I got ATC working as is on this video. With "wave off" command and "bolter" warnings. But I can't understand conditions when this ATC becomes active because I can't get it from standart in-game ATC menu. Can anyone tell me how to enable this new ATC? Thank you.

Edited by Maverick0

A joke

The problems in DCS world we have 2 US aircrafts carrier (with one with awful textures) and one Russian !

Both are absolutely bug-filled; spawn bug collision parking location, disincronization bug with space time, bug of the economy, buggy planes that slide by themselves ..

I would have definitely preferred to have only one aircraft carrier for the US and Russia, but 100% operational with HD textures and crew annimation, and above all NO bug (the bug of the economy is the most terrible!)

No need for ten aircraft carriers but one that works and for free !! mad.gif

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... bug of the economy...

What is that?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

We see new Kuznetsov only in new module promo videos for a long time :D

The Kuznetsov unfortunately is in sad shape. It's been in dock for ages and recently had a massive fire that killed one person. For the past few years, hit has had to travel with a few tug boats for when it breaks down and has to be towed to repairs. But the one in DCS is Full Mission Capable and should be sailing past you soon.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have to admit, following the Supercarrier has really been frustrating. Although, I love the preview video, however, I don't recall so many unanswered questions for a module before. I understand what's planned is not always possible due to many factors like hardware limitations, etc, but give us something. All the info provided has been very vague. I'm trying to stay patient. Maybe detailed info will be provided next week when it goes on pre-sale.:dunno:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Take it easy

Agree

I don't.

Just wait for the early access and you will see for yourself, if not first hand the through reviews of other players.

What's the point of asking questions now anyway. Relax.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yes.

So we will have Kuznetzov carrier now?

Check newsletter and its comments threads.

DCS Supercarrier will include Nimitz class, new Kuz, and new Burke.

This is fantastic info!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yep, I Preorder also, but why no additional Discount for SU-33 Owner?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I'm really concerned about SC in multiplayer. I keep hearing that people that didn't buy SC will not be able to land/takeoff from new carriers. Some even saying that you wont even be able to join the server if you don't own SC. SC should have all the basic functions as Stennis with owners being able to do all the listed advanced functions. I am trying to convince my friends to join DCS but its getting harder and harder with these kind of paywalls.

Some even saying that you wont even be able to join the server if you don't own SC.

Not true

these kind of paywalls

People wanting to get paid for their work, outrageous right?

Edited by sLYFa

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Yep,you can still use Stennis on the Multiplayer Server and don't need the new Modules,if you dont like them.

People who are not already Fighterjet- Simulation Fans, dosen't care about what we like and for what we Paying.

As a Newcomer,the free DCS World Version and the additional FC3 package,is the perfect and cheap Multiplayer Combo and got all you need for Years. If that is not enough, you will never interested in Fighterjet-Simulations.

Just my 2 Cents.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I'm really concerned about SC in multiplayer. I keep hearing that people that didn't buy SC will not be able to land/takeoff from new carriers. Some even saying that you wont even be able to join the server if you don't own SC. SC should have all the basic functions as Stennis with owners being able to do all the listed advanced functions. I am trying to convince my friends to join DCS but its getting harder and harder with these kind of paywalls.

ED has stated that you will definitely be able to join servers with the SC in multiplayer. You will simply be unable to interact with the carrier. Whether that means that you'll clip though or just won't receive radio comms and see the ground crew, I do not remember. If public servers want to field the SC, they can and should field both the free Stennis and one of the SC carriers together, so all pilots can land somewhere.

As for the paywalls concern, the SC module doesn't stop anyone from joining the server. It represents work being done on several different fronts from ED; work that will benefit the free sim as well, in time. It's only fair that the team is compensated for their work.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro