Jump to content

DCS Carrier Discussion


Airhunter

Recommended Posts

On 4/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, Nealius said:

I'd kill for a Kitty Hawk, though I think the overall size/design is much diffent than Nimitz, isn't it?

Kitty Hawk class is slightly smaller than Nimitz Class ships.  They are not Nuclear powered.  However, the deck layout is similar to the Nimitz boats in that elevators are laid out the same… two forward of the island

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Are there any updates coming soon for the supercarrier, even as some info in the Newsletter? Lately there are only news about the Mossie and the Apache and it's been months since the last update on new features for our beloved boat...


Edited by Jafergon
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy the immersion but man... thinking they should just combine CA & Supercarrier.

 

F-14A still has the Hornet signals from crew to raise the launch bar while F-14B was fixed.... 

  • Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

 

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus Xi Hero, 32GB G.Skill Trident 3200, Asus RoG Strix 2070 OC, 1TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

 

Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, draconus said:

Can't complain since they fixed the option to disable FLOLS :)

 

After a year yes. What about the laundry list of promised features and tons of outstanding bugs? Pretty sure barely anyone is working on SC these days. It coukd have been all done and dusted if they worked on it with some dedication. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ED said at the beginning of the year in a newsletter that a lot of new features will be coming to SC in Q3 this year, so I expect a big update to the module this month or the next. It is true that the module feels abandoned, but it's fair to give the developers a little more time. If the year is ending and nothing new come to the module, then, we can be pretty sure the SC has no priority at all for ED and it will be an eternal early access product.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

ED said at the beginning of the year in a newsletter that a lot of new features will be coming to SC in Q3 this year, so I expect a big update to the module this month or the next. It is true that the module feels abandoned, but it's fair to give the developers a little more time. If the year is ending and nothing new come to the module, then, we can be pretty sure the SC has no priority at all for ED and it will be an eternal early access product.

 

the 2021 newsletters has plans.

Quote

 

DCS: Supercarrier

Most of our effort on the Supercarrier has been focused on creating the 3D environments for the Ready Room, Air Boss Station (PriFly), and the hangar deck. Other tasks for 2021 include plane directors to marshal aircraft to the catapults and off the landing area, the “burble”, deck crew light wands for night operations, unique radio channels for different controllers, and manual LSO control.

 

 

ED has show the Hangar deck and Air Boss Statins (PriFly) on some videos. Meanwhile, hangar deck and Briefing room 3D models has actually into DCS Directories.


Edited by Silver_Dragon

More news to the front

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AKULA_OPTIMUS said:

ED said at the beginning of the year in a newsletter that a lot of new features will be coming to SC in Q3 this year, so I expect a big update to the module this month or the next. It is true that the module feels abandoned, but it's fair to give the developers a little more time. If the year is ending and nothing new come to the module, then, we can be pretty sure the SC has no priority at all for ED and it will be an eternal early access product.

 

 

Work on the supercarrier continues and as soon as we are ready to show progress we will. 

 

Please continue to be patient, adding new features to DCS will take time, claiming it is abandoned is not helpful.

 

Thanks

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

 

 

Work on the supercarrier continues and as soon as we are ready to show progress we will. 

 

Please continue to be patient, adding new features to DCS will take time, claiming it is abandoned is not helpful.

 

Thanks

We all understand that. It's just that the SC wasn't mentioned in the newsletters for a while, and if you add that to the fact that last mini update was over a year ago, you start to realize why people feel upset. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just judging the results and the product we have, not the plans or the WIP, of course they are working on it, but the SC is maybe the module with less updates and new features of all the ED products, and you can't deny that, and if I'm wrong, please let me know. And I say it again, I'm talking about the  current product, not the future stuff. Anyway, I belive is a fantastic module and it will only get better, but man, it's a pain seeing all the other modules being updated while the SC is just creating and fixing bugs in every new patch.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BarTzi said:

We all understand that. It's just that the SC wasn't mentioned in the newsletters for a while, and if you add that to the fact that last mini update was over a year ago, you start to realize why people feel upset. 

 

 

The supercarrier appear during 2021

The april newsletter:

Quote

 

Supercarrier

Features for Q321

 

The 3D Air Boss (PriFly) station will come with the possibility to control deck flood lights, the speed and direction of the carrier, and monitor the PLAT camera. In addition, we will implement launch and recovery operations from the Air Boss (PriFly) via 5MC messages.

 

The 3D Briefing Room will offer interactive squadron meeting capability. This is particularly interesting for multiplayer action, pre-mission start and for after action review. Our Integrated Voice Chat will also allow real-time coms with your squadron. An interactive map, PLAT camera, Greenie and Kill boards will provide simultaneous online statistics during mission progression. Each pilot seat in the briefing room includes an interactive tablet that will allow you to control the fueling and arming of your aircraft.   

 

 

June newsletter:

Quote

 

Supercarrier Deck Crew

Development Report

 

DCS: Supercarrier has received a number of notable updates to the deck crew that includes improved meshes and geometry tweaks:

 

Plane director “Shooter” model has been edited to include skinning and geometry corrections.
Improved mesh and skinning for the hands and gloves.
A completely new and anatomically correct skeleton for the hands.
The sailor head model has been replaced with a much more realistic one.
The airboss model has been improved with improved hands and removed beer belly.
Missing Level Of Details (LOD) have been added for all models.
All seated and standing poses have been corrected and improved.
Fixed excessive bending animation of the legs while walking.
Fixed sliding legs.
Fixed the intersection of arms and legs.
Several new idle animations have been added for a more natural look.
Mesh and skinning have been adjusted at the elbow area to reduce the effect of no mass.
All the models have been converted to a new version of the skeleton that will provide more natural movements.

 

 

Quote

 

DCS: Supercarrier Early Access period work continues. We are working on the following additional features, and we look forward to sharing more information soon.

Air Boss station
Briefing room
Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera & VR support
DCS: Combined Arms integration
"Burble" effect
Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages
Functional barricade net

 

 

  • Like 2

More news to the front

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:

 

The supercarrier appear during 2021

The april newsletter:

 

June newsletter:

 

 

Silver_Dragon, I respect your opinion, however- quoting threads and newsletters does not contribute to this discussion. Let's be factual: this module isn't getting the same ammount of updates as the other flagship modules, and some people might be frustrated about it, that's all.

 


Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BarTzi said:

Silver_Dragon, I respect your opinion, however- quoting threads and newsletters does not contribute to this discussion. Let's be factual: this module isn't getting the same ammount of updates as the other flagship modules, and some people might be frustrated about it, that's all.

 

 

Yes you’re right but it is not new. ED made only EA and it will very very long to finish it. Hornet, viper, SC…..  are still in EA since many month (or year). And it will be the same plan for apache/hind….


Edited by hanab
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Silver_Dragon, I respect your opinion, however- quoting threads and newsletters does not contribute to this discussion. Let's be factual: this module isn't getting the same ammount of updates as the other flagship modules, and some people might be frustrated about it, that's all.

 
You don't really know that. Maybe they prefer to work in the background on a big update, instead of lot's of small and broken promises?
I have faith in ED, I believe this year has shown good progress on several levels and moves in the right direction for the best of the customers.
But that's me though. My glass is always full.
Cheers and happy Friday!!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

early access does take a long time, we could not take these projects on without having early access and your constant feedback and bug reports. 

 

If early access and the long waits is not something you like or can tolerate please wait for the full release of the module, you can even use our free trials to try any product out every six months and test the progress before you commit to it. 

 

 

14 hours ago, BarTzi said:

Silver_Dragon, I respect your opinion, however- quoting threads and newsletters does not contribute to this discussion. Let's be factual: this module isn't getting the same ammount of updates as the other flagship modules, and some people might be frustrated about it, that's all.

 

 

 

You may not agree with the way the project has been managed and that is fine, we have reached a point in the project were we are adding completely new features to DCS, it will take time. 

 

thanks

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 4:47 AM, BIGNEWY said:

early access does take a long time, we could not take these projects on without having early access and your constant feedback and bug reports. 

 

If early access and the long waits is not something you like or can tolerate please wait for the full release of the module, you can even use our free trials to try any product out every six months and test the progress before you commit to it. 

 

 

 

You may not agree with the way the project has been managed and that is fine, we have reached a point in the project were we are adding completely new features to DCS, it will take time. 

 

thanks


I get that, but at the same time when you're releasing multiple products all in early access you can't help but feel like there is some money grab going on.  I understand they're different teams, but it's been a long time since really any updates for an early access product.  I think when you see Apache, Mossie, and other products it just gets a little concern.  It's not a knock on ED, but just providing some feedback from a customer who has bought a lot of modules to support ED as well.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to make a point on what is still missing and was advertised over a year ago to be included during the EA phase. Not to mention some outstanding bugs which are crucial for flight ops.

No knock or shade thrown here just facts.

 

What are the items planned for after Early Access release?

 

• Ready Room

• Air Boss Station (?)

• Interactive LSO Controls like manual control of hook touch down location, hook to ramp height, wave off lights, and cut lights (partially implemented)

• Plane directors to guide aircraft to catapults and off the landing area

• Three additional ships of the sub-class (The new Stennis is still missing and is only mentioned on the product page)

o CVN-75 Harry S. Truman 

• Rendered hangar deck (I guess this is in but not operational?)

• Emergency barrier net (controlled for Air Boss station)

• Deck crew (not static deck crew) that move to avoid collisions with aircraft

• Deck crew glow sticks for night operations

• Pilot animations like the salute and right hand on grab bar. 

 

And from the homepage:

 

  • Combined Arms integration.
  • "Burble" effect.
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

Edited by Airhunter
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Airhunter said:

Just to make a point on what is still missing and was advertised over a year ago to be included during the EA phase. Not to mention some outstanding bugs which are crucial for flight ops.

No knock or shade thrown here just facts.

 

What are the items planned for after Early Access release?

 

• Ready Room

• Air Boss Station (?)

• Interactive LSO Controls like manual control of hook touch down location, hook to ramp height, wave off lights, and cut lights (partially implemented)

• Plane directors to guide aircraft to catapults and off the landing area

• Three additional ships of the sub-class (The new Stennis is still missing and is only mentioned on the product page)

o CVN-75 Harry S. Truman 

• Rendered hangar deck (I guess this is in but not operational?)

• Emergency barrier net (controlled for Air Boss station)

• Deck crew (not static deck crew) that move to avoid collisions with aircraft

• Deck crew glow sticks for night operations

• Pilot animations like the salute and right hand on grab bar. 

 

And from the homepage:

 

  • Combined Arms integration.
  • "Burble" effect.
  • Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

 


We are well aware of what is remaining. 

 

thanks

2 minutes ago, Jafergon said:

Even if stuff is not ready for release, at lease show some progress in the newsletter, so that we Supercarrier fans don't feel abandoned 🙂

 

If we show stuff to early we get complaints, if we dont show stuff until it is ready or close to public release we get complaints, its difficult to find a balance, but we would rather show work once we are close to delivery. 

 

thank you

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, jwflowersii said:


I get that, but at the same time when you're releasing multiple products all in early access you can't help but feel like there is some money grab going on.  I understand they're different teams, but it's been a long time since really any updates for an early access product.  I think when you see Apache, Mossie, and other products it just gets a little concern.  It's not a knock on ED, but just providing some feedback from a customer who has bought a lot of modules to support ED as well.

DCS is a business, not a charity. I've paid for the modules I have (all of them except the Mosquito yet). Not always 100% happy with everything, however, patience is a virtue and personally I am willing to wait.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Baltic Pirate said:

DCS is a business, not a charity.

 

Why does everyon assume a complete 180 degrees, 100% in the opposite extreme? No one said anything about wanting stuff for free. We're talking about reasonable things here. In other words, moderation. In the middle. Not polar opposites like "charity." Likewise, "business" means product sustainment, not cash-grabbing. 


Edited by Nealius
  • Like 6

Z390 Aorus Elite | i5-9600k @5.0Ghz | RTX3060 12GB | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 | Quest 2 | Warthog HOTAS | Sahaj 20cm Extension

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On DCS directories, has been update on the last patches.

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-24 160109.jpg

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-24 160251.jpg

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-24 160327.jpg

Captura de pantalla 2021-09-24 160519.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

More news to the front

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those screens look amazing! Actually a few months ago I noticed there were folders for the ready room. I was not saying that ED hasn't been working on the module, simply that the SC community is hungry for updates 🙂 I understand the balance that BIGNEWY was talking about, but I think an update or some more news from time to time would make the wait easier.

This is pure speculation on my side and I'm not saying I think this.... but maybe the delay of Top Gun Maverick is also delaying development or release of updates of this module, since that movie is going to boost interest in naval aviation and sales of the supercarrier, so ED is holding new features until then 🤣


Edited by Jafergon
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In a sense that's almost worse, because work has been done but no credit for it yet.  

 

Clearly Supercarrier is lower priority, though it's not entirely unjustified that those of us who purchased it aren't exactly happy at how low priority it is and wondering if it might have been less hastle of this had all been added to Stennis?  F-16 had it worse but rolling out Hind and Mosquito while Supercarrier languishes is disappointing.

 

Definitely get that dates can't be promised but why not in the Friday update show that ready room pic   disclaimer that it's a work in progress and currently targetted at say Winter 2021, Spring 2022, or Heaven forbid Summer 2022? Then the next month or two show the hangar picture, etc.  Nothing would have changed but we'd have seen something at least. 

 

  • Like 4

Specs & Wishlist:

 

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus Xi Hero, 32GB G.Skill Trident 3200, Asus RoG Strix 2070 OC, 1TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

 

Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NineLine locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...