DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

DCS Carrier Discussion

Has anyone checked the SC POPULATION TEMPLATE mission? It really shows what ED has accomplished with the SC even in an early access state!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Edited by lonewwolf

Has anyone checked the SC POPULATION TEMPLATE mission? It really shows what ED has accomplished with the SC even in an early access state!

Where is this mission located? I can't find it. Thanks.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Where is this mission located? I can't find it. Thanks.

...DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Single

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

...DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Missions\Single

Odd, not there for me...

EDIT: After much searching I tried to update again and found a 2nd one waiting for me... Got them now! Thanks again.

Edited by Justificus

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Has anyone checked the SC POPULATION TEMPLATE mission?

Yes, it's interesting how they did it.

For those that haven't figured it out yet, click on an aircraft on the catapult and note it's name. Click on it again, then again. See how aircraft are stacked on spawns...

Yes, it's interesting how they did it.

For those that haven't figured it out yet, click on an aircraft on the catapult and note it's name. Click on it again, then again. See how aircraft are stacked on spawns...

click on an aircraft? where exactly?

Wondering if it is possible to edit mission and change time to start in the night, seeing all that action in nightime must be fantastic.

EDIT:

I thought I would only be possible to edit custom created missions only. i've edited and changed time to midnight.

How ever I couldn't find how to save it with a new name...

Edited by lonewwolf

click on an aircraft? where exactly?

Wondering if it is possible to edit mission and change time to start in the night, seeing all that action in nightime must be fantastic.

EDIT:

I thought I would only be possible to edit custom created missions only. i've edited and changed time to midnight.

How ever I couldn't find how to save it with a new name...

Hi, try to change directory and put the new modded mission in your dcs users saved game folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody knows what happens when you don't have the module? Can you see the SC in MP? Do you blow up if you want to land on it? What's happening? Just curious. No worrries for me. I have it. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Anybody knows what happens when you don't have the module? Can you see the SC in MP? Do you blow up if you want to land on it? What's happening? Just curious. No worrries for me. I have it. :D

You can see it, you just can’t spawn on it or catch a wire.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I like of idea of letting you trap but having the defenses see as hostile, so missiles and CIWS inbound lol

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

I like of idea of letting you trap but having the defenses see as hostile, so missiles and CIWS inbound lol

I'm personally a gigantic fan of that explosion that happens when you strike the back of the ship. The one with the big cloud and boom audio, and the jet completely disappearing. I just find that hilarious.

Here's my personal desire for non-owner interaction, although they shouldn't implement it because...really... it's a terrible idea.

1. Spawn, hook up, and catapult shot are are identical to paid users. When the non-owner gets to the end of the catapult shot (the moment they get airborne) they comically explode.

2. Non owners comically explode the moment the tail hook successfully engages an arresting wire.:megalol:

Can i ask what might be a stupid question? i pre purchased super carrier a while ago and see it is released, but no where in my DCs game does it show up, not in the icon menu or the mission editor. the game did not update on start up either...any suggestions please?

Can i ask what might be a stupid question? i pre purchased super carrier a while ago and see it is released, but no where in my DCs game does it show up, not in the icon menu or the mission editor. the game did not update on start up either...any suggestions please?

You need to install it as a module using the module manager icon top left when DCS starts

Edit: if DCS isn’t updating you may need to do a manual update, I think the change to 2.5.6 required this, have you updated since then?

Edited by Baldrick33

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I knew it was a stupid question, so thank for your understanding and prompt replies! cheers STOP PRESS, more stupidity to follow: It does not appear in my module manager..any other suggestions?

Edited by drummer