DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Complain away, just realize you’re pissing into the wind and no matter how much or how loudly you protest, none of that wasted effort or time will make SC available one millisecond sooner. Here’s how you “fight the man”: don’t pay for pre orders. But we did and it was delayed (it was a “pre order” after all).

We’re all disappointed. We all have to cowboy up on this one. It sucks, you’re right. I bet nobody is more disappointed than ED.

ETA - I am only talking about your comments, not you. I’m not trying to insult you. If I came across that way, I apologize sincerely. ETA - actually, one of my comments WAS snippy and I just edited it to hopefully be more polite.

The idea of complaining isn't to try and get the SC earlier, it's to let ED know people aren't happy with how they're handling things. Simply not buying future EA products as you suggest, without providing feedback, would be entirely counter productive: they'd just assume people weren't interested in their products anymore, when actually the opposite is true.

Not quite

We’re all disappointed. We all have to cowboy up on this one. It sucks, you’re right. I bet nobody is more disappointed than ED.

Not exactly, I am NOT disappointed. I would be if SC was called off and refunded.

I do agree about the bit about ED though.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I don't mind

It would probably be tied to the request taxi to takeoff radio command, kinda like the carrier/field lights are tied to the request landing/inbound command

Yeah, as long as there is an option I don't mind.

This is what I meant though, we imagine things instead of being "prepared" as to what is there to come.

Even in this thread, we discuss decisions and communication skills rather than the actual product, and that is, again, due to the lack of product information.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

In case anyone here is unaware, Gierasimov spotted Nineline say here that there should be some news in the newsletter about SC.

Apologies if Gierasimov or anyone else has already posted this here, just wanted to make sure all are aware

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

We hope to have some more news soon for everyone.

For now we are working hard on testing the fixes the team have been doing, as soon as we have more information we will share it with everyone.

As it stands we are still planning for May sometime as long as testing goes to plan.

Thank you for your patience.

...and our news was.....

" We continue to develop and bug fix DCS: Supercarrier for an Early Access release later this month

and we hope to be providing a preview to our partners and social media channels next week"

I Find Your Lack of SC News and Updates....DISTURBING!!!

original.gif

:D:D:D:D:D

just venting a bit

Patrick

mini.gif

We asked for news and they gave us something. I mean, it was not filled with the details we hoped for but maybe it's a start.

Thanks,

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

We asked for news and they gave us something. I mean, it was not filled with the details we hoped for but maybe it's a start.

Thanks,

Steve

Ask for information, complain about no information, receive information, complain about the quality of the information, rinse and repeat...

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

This is good news though

...and our news was.....

" We continue to develop and bug fix DCS: Supercarrier for an Early Access release later this month

and we hope to be providing a preview to our partners and social media channels next week"

just venting a bit

Why need for venting, news is good. They have progressed with heavy task.

Ask for information, complain about no information, receive information, complain about the quality of the information, rinse and repeat...

Mr. Biggs,

Great observation. :joystick: Thank you for the news today ED.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Why need for venting, news is good. They have progressed with heavy task.

I agree,it was more "Tongue-n-Cheek ;)...I like all of us I think are just waiting,hoping for a solid release date.

My post was meant to be light hearted with a touch of humor:D:D:D

***As a Side Note The Hornet A/G Radar WIP and Pictures are fantastic Development News***

Thank You

Edited by Phantom88

Patrick

mini.gif

I agree,it was more "Tongue-n-Cheek ;)...I like all of us I think are just waiting,hoping for a solid release date.

My post was meant to be light hearted with a touch of humor:D:D:D

***As a Side Note The Hornet A/G Radar WIP and Pictures are fantastic Development News***

Thank You

Could you provide a link to the A/G WIP pictures? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team
It already passed 2 weeks that ED said after postpone releas date. But now!! still in progress wth!! ED, Can your team count the date .

Hi

Currently closed testing is being done, and the teams are getting good feedback.

We will let everyone know a date when we are ready, at the moment with the covid-19 situation and with all teams working from home it has slowed things down a little.

Thanks for being patient, we do appreciate it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Interesting insight from a developer

In Russian forum, USSR_Rik --

One of the key problems of the new module is the players’ work “not according to the rules”. It’s good when everyone steers and flies as in life — that is, they are supposed to follow the rules of taxiing, work with their deck crew, take off, get in touch with the landing and withstand the landing and crew parameters.

But if the player does something wrong, to teach the AI ​​to resolve such situations turned out to be very difficult, although from a third perspective everything is simple and obvious. But the light at the end of the tunnel is already visible (and this is not an oncoming train).

It's a shame one needs to browse forums to find interesting comments - this should be part of the SC update in weekly news I think.

But if the player does something wrong, to teach the AI ​​to resolve such situations turned out to be very difficult, although from a third perspective everything is simple and obvious.

Doesn't seem simple and obvious to this former codebanger :smilewink:

This makes a lot of sense to me. Coding the AI to react in a realistic way to every possible action a player could take to not follow the directions from the boat would be a significant effort. Players could ignore protocol in nearly infinite ways, coding for that would be a huge challenge. Likely even more difficult in MP when some player units are following protocol while others aren't. Perhaps that's the issue that made up the MP problems that held up the 4/15 release?

Anyway, it sounds like things are progressing well toward a 5/31 EA release :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

Where was an explicit release date announced?

Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4250396&postcount=1

We earlier stated that DCS: Supercarrier would be available to play in early access by Q1 2020. However, we will need to postpone the early access release to 15 April 2020 in order to complete the “Stay at Home” Sale. We do not launch large products during an ongoing sale event.[/Quote]

I would say that's pretty explicit.

It's a shame one needs to browse forums to find interesting comments - this should be part of the SC update in weekly news I think.

Thank You for this valuable info.....This line gave me a good Laugh....

"But the light at the end of the tunnel is already visible (and this is not an oncoming train)."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Patrick

mini.gif

Here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4250396&postcount=1

I would say that's pretty explicit.

Yea but when they made that stupid last minute announcement on the 15th that is wasn't going to be ready, that kinda scratched the post you shared. Now their saying sometime around the end of May to the start of 2021 (being sarcastic with that last bit). Not super happy with EDs comms on this issue but they did say it was postponed on the 15th, therefore we have to move on from that date.

Now their saying sometime around the end of May to the start of 2021 (being sarcastic with that last bit). Not super happy with EDs comms on this issue but they did say it was postponed on the 15th, therefore we have to move on from that date.

That's more like it :D