DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

I agree.New date for release must be made. Not a dead silence.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

...I really want a date and maybe someday before the actual release date you guys say we have done it and it`s ready in DCS. I`ll be very happy and thankful for the surprise and I know there is also the thought of some people out there...

I agree.New date for release must be made. Not a dead silence.

Does getting a date really matter now since they've already missed it twice? It'll be better if we set our own expectations. How about Q4 2020? That'll give them plenty of time to surprise us.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Does getting a date really matter now since they've already missed it twice?

I see your point and also know they upset us twice but I still give a chance to them. Now we`re talking about the 3rd promise before they get an out. An out not only from me but also from everyone who supported them. They should compensate or refund us if they fail for the third time.

This`s the thing they should take it into their mind, consider it and give us response.

Edited by UnhappyGuy342

I see your point and also know they upset us twice but I still give a chance to them. Now we`re talking about the 3rd promise before they get an out. An out not only from me but also from everyone who supported them. They should compensate or refund us if they fail for the third time.

This`s the thing they should take it into their mind, consider it and give us response.

Well, if you had read a certain post, you would now they comfirmed they will honor refunds if it is released after May 31st. So now you have your date or your refund.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think you missed my point. I wasn't saying we should not give ED another chance because they missed dates twice. And I especially was not saying get a refund. I'm saying there's no point in you wanting them to give a date. I think we ALL should just level our expectations on this release. ED has obviously run into a serious issue code wise. Although I said it jokingly, I was kinda serious. I'm leveling my expected release to Q4 2020. That's just me.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Yea, it's a little nit picky, but I don't remember them making any promises up to this point. There is always the chance of delay. I've been been playing pretty solid now for two years, and I don't remember one release that happen on the original date it was thought to release (not sure about the JF-17 though, as I wasn't interested in that module). I mean feel lucky you not talking about a Square Enix release, they have been known to push back three or four years, on a simple "not ready" PR release. True, ED is far too silent on this matter. True that ED has ZERO idea how to handle information release. All of which leads to the same problems, not enough details and people have to search and find and read between the lines on everything ED says or does. I point you to one of the hype vids for the F-16. You clearly see an F-15E in one of the parking spots and that send people into a tizzy thinking it was coming soon (before Razbam's "official" announcement).

Like others have said, Kate said if it wasn't done by May 31st, then they would start "TO CONSIDER" refunds, didn't say it was a promise though.

Yea, it's a little nit picky, but I don't remember them making any promises up to this point. There is always the chance of delay. I've been been playing pretty solid now for two years, and I don't remember one release that happen on the original date it was thought to release (not sure about the JF-17 though, as I wasn't interested in that module). I mean feel lucky you not talking about a Square Enix release, they have been known to push back three or four years, on a simple "not ready" PR release. True, ED is far too silent on this matter. True that ED has ZERO idea how to handle information release. All of which leads to the same problems, not enough details and people have to search and find and read between the lines on everything ED says or does. I point you to one of the hype vids for the F-16. You clearly see an F-15E in one of the parking spots and that send people into a tizzy thinking it was coming soon (before Razbam's "official" announcement).

Like others have said, Kate said if it wasn't done by May 31st, then they would start "TO CONSIDER" refunds, didn't say it was a promise though.

You maybe right. I read her post, but may have missed the "consider" part as I ain't gonna ask for it anyway. I think we'll have this by the end of May. If not I'm sure they'll tell us sooner this time.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

at this point I'm not even thinking about the actual release. I'm still waiting on the next video which we were told for weeks was coming soon.. if a small video update cannot be released it unfortunately leads me to believe we will be waiting a while for this module. Waiting is ok though.. just tell us about it please and appease us by giving a little bit to look it. PR speaks volumes about a company and gives us a way to help increase YOUR customer base by spreading videos of your products to friends.. many of your new customers don't know about your expected release dates or any of the nonsense that has happened. But they also will not be buying something without some good media to interest them and hype (which is somewhat underwhelming at the moment). Cannot believe it has been almost a year since the last video showing recovery procedures!

Originally Posted by R_a_y_t_h_e_o_n

@Kate Perederko

Will Eagle Dynamics be offering a refund on Super Carrier if ED fails to release the module by the new 'April-May 2020' deadline? thanks

Yes

"DCS World roadmap update" - 04-15-2020, 05:07 PM page 27 post #262

Just to clarify :smartass:

I think at the very least if you pre-order a product, you are entitled to development updates leading up to the product release. All anyone is looking for here is honest communication about the product. Push it back 2 months, 4 months, or further. Just keep the community updated on the product that they have already paid for.

I think every customer is getting tired of reading between the lines. It leads to a ton of BS. Look at the Friday newsletter before the much anticipated SC release. One picture. One picture before a module release. We all knew it then and they did also.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I think at the very least if you pre-order a product, you are entitled to development updates leading up to the product release. All anyone is looking for here is honest communication about the product. Push it back 2 months, 4 months, or further. Just keep the community updated on the product that they have already paid for.

I think every customer is getting tired of reading between the lines. It leads to a ton of BS. Look at the Friday newsletter before the much anticipated SC release. One picture. One picture before a module release. We all knew it then and they did also.

ONE MILLION TIMEs THIS!!!! Wish ED would realize this already.

Facts.

I'm Thinking The Super Carrier Module is a lot more complicated due to the compatibility with The Heatblur Tomcat,which is a complex module in it's own right.

The recent Open Beta added these features to The F-14,And Ironically Broke using The Regular Stennis in Multi Player.

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

NEW! Introducing TWS-Auto for the AWG-9

Updated tutorial mission “Carrier based take off”

Added keybinds for seat adjustment

Added Jester keybinds for BVR

Disabled AI kneeling (for supercarrier)

Added holdback bar (for supercarrier)

Added salute command (for supercarrier)

Supercarrier compatibility added for client/player

WIP: F-14B AI compatibility for supercarrier

Fixed VIS FIX updating delta continuously

Fix VDI range bar scale value not being shown

Fixed Track Hold green light

Adjusted pitch rate damper

And this has been complicated even more so because [Cobra] Nick from Heatblur has had to rush to the aide of a family member suffering from the virus,So as you can see,It's a complicated situation that DCS possibly doesn't have full control over.

Patrick

mini.gif

Right now it's more of when it's good enough to go, it will go more than any other factor.

Thanks for the reply NL.:thumbup:

I'm Thinking The Super Carrier Module is a lot more complicated due to the compatibility with The Heatblur Tomcat,which is a complex module in it's own right.

The recent Open Beta added these features to The F-14,And Ironically Broke using The Regular Stennis in Multi Player.

DCS F-14B by Heatblur Simulations

NEW! Introducing TWS-Auto for the AWG-9

Updated tutorial mission “Carrier based take off”

Added keybinds for seat adjustment

Added Jester keybinds for BVR

Disabled AI kneeling (for supercarrier)

Added holdback bar (for supercarrier)

Added salute command (for supercarrier)

Supercarrier compatibility added for client/player

WIP: F-14B AI compatibility for supercarrier

Fixed VIS FIX updating delta continuously

Fix VDI range bar scale value not being shown

Fixed Track Hold green light

Adjusted pitch rate damper

And this has been complicated even more so because [Cobra] Nick from Heatblur has had to rush to the aide of a family member suffering from the virus,So as you can see,It's a complicated situation that DCS possibly doesn't have full control over.

This is a good point. Realistic simulations require interactivity between a lot of moving parts.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Has the delay been detailed yet? As in, a list of what the problem(s) are?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

So with MP Sync problems...assuming deck sliding issues not solved...EA release in that state? Well most here would go ballistic if that happened.

Oh wait...the missile has left the pad.

How this thread makes me feel is :puke:

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Has the delay been detailed yet? As in, a list of what the problem(s) are?

All things being considered, I think we should feel lucky they told us what they did with the "MP Problems" answer. I personally could care less if they ever detail the problems, as a machinist, it isn't like I can offer them any help, just so long as they fix it in a timely fashion. Timely being a loosely used word for ED recently.

All things being considered, I think we should feel lucky they told us what they did with the "MP Problems" answer. I personally could care less if they ever detail the problems, as a machinist, it isn't like I can offer them any help, just so long as they fix it in a timely fashion. Timely being a loosely used word for ED recently.

I now define 'timely' as meeting the 5/31 deadline. If they're not able to release at least the SP version by then, I'll take Kate up on her offer and request a refund on my pre-order. Not because I don't want to support ED, but because I think a missed 5/31 says volumes about the magnitude of problems still in SC. I don't mind giving ED an interest free loan (which is what buying pre-order technically is) for a few weeks, but missing 5/31 leads me to think it will be months before a release and I'll have to take a wait and see attitude before purchasing SC :(

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y