DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Dear ED, thanks for all you did so far and for all you are doing in the future! I love you guys and can't tell you how thankful I am that my hobby is still alive.

But you should do yourself and all others a favour: Shut this forum down. This whining and complaining all the time is ridiculous. Keep us informed via a homepage, and all is good.

Can't even count all the whining threads in this forum. As if the world would end... and I'm not even starting with the fact that most (not some) don't understand what "EA" means. Still.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

But consider if the announcement was something big / positive, y'all would look pretty stupid for not leaving your pitchforks in the barn for at least a few more hours..

This wouldn't happen if they simply annouce whatever they need to announce instead of announcing the annoucement of the annoucement, poeple are reacting the way they are because they been around this block a few times

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Covid-19 takes priority over our favourite game. Almost every industry in the West and East has been heavily affected by it so wouldn't be suprised if there is a delay. Personally there are bigger things to worry about than the release of Super Carrier.

It's times like these i feel bad about every time i pointed my fingers at ED for reasons that felt justified, and still feel justified when i think about them.

Nothing was announced yet that would hint towards a delay, but the witch hunt is already on..

If there was a delay, yea that would be a huge downer because some of us are super hyped and i am sure people took off from work etc..

But consider if the announcement was something big / positive, y'all would look pretty stupid for not leaving your pitchforks in the barn for at least a few more hours..

However the outcome of the announcement will be, this threat speaks volume about us as a community.. Again. Unfortunate.

Not saying that concern is not understandable, just saying wait out the announcement pls..

Agree, but I would hope that somewhere down the line their is a discussion going on about how this issue got all the way today without them giving us a heads up, or the messed up communication from last Thursday to today.

Do what you gotta do ED.

So, after all this drama, I'm still confused.

Wasn't there a notice we would get some news today?

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

I understand communication is key here trust me I understand. But everyone needs to realize stuff happens

It does, but ED’s dates slip constantly. I would love to own a company where all of my customers had battered wife syndrome so when I would constantly let dates slip or under perform they would just make endless excuses and allow me to get away with my lackluster performance while still handing over the $$$.

Instead of being so negative, let's be positive. Let's think BIG! We may be getting more carrier models or dare I say another plane? dreams I know, but dreams are better than nightmares. As my grandfather used to say "nothing is worth worrying about until it's worth worrying about!" So let's all calm down and take a wait and see attitude. for all our sakes.

Motherboard ASUSTek TUF Z390-PLUS GAMING (WI-FI)

Processor Intel i5 9400

Memory VENGENCE PRO RGB 32GB

Video Card # 1 GIGABYTE NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1660 6GB GDDR6

Power Supply Thermaltake GOLD 850 RGB

Sound Card NVIDIA HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO

Monitor 1. Vizio 32" 2. Samsung 32" 3. Samsung 32"

Operating System Windows 10 64 Bit build 19035.1

So, after all this drama, I'm still confused.

Wasn't there a notice we would get some news today?

Yes, And who knows what there going to say maybe its coming Thursday or Friday or next week..Hey maybe its still coming tomorrow if they fix a couple of things they might have found..

Who knows

They didn't say that its not coming tomorrow

I guess im stupid but there are bigger things going on I work in a ICU 15hrs a day with stuff more important going on in the world then a carrier that might be delayed little to make it better.

1. Change Pay Model to Subscribe.

2. Dont make Early Access Module anymore.

3. Always release when its been complete.

4. Do Fix present DCS Core and Module first.

5. Cleaning various bug and performance problems.

6. Core upgrade first for using Multi thread. include Vulkan.

7. Give it back my Hawk.

나의 SM-G930S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Instead of being so negative, let's be positive. Let's think BIG! We may be getting more carrier models or dare I say another plane? dreams I know, but dreams are better than nightmares. As my grandfather used to say "nothing is worth worrying about until it's worth worrying about!" So let's all calm down and take a wait and see attitude. for all our sakes.

You know what’s better than 3 early access modules? How about 4? Sounds pretty positive to me.

1. Change Pay Model to Subscribe.

2. Dont make Early Access Module anymore.

3. Always release when its been complete.

4. Do Fix present DCS Core and Module first.

5. Cleaning various bug and performance problems.

6. Core upgrade first for using Multi thread. include Vulkan.

7. Give it back my Hawk.

People will complain about this too

Point you are missing my friend is that a product was bought, announced to be released by the end of march, then it was to be released tomorrow and it is looking bad, and when you purchase something you expect it to be delivered to you on the promissed time, in good coondition, if it isn't one or the other I'm sorry but the consumer has every right to be upset, it's just the same old ED setting deadlines for ITSELF that they can't keep, maybe they shouldn't set dates at all and be done with it, but once you pre-sale with a release date set, they deserve the salt if they don't keep it, specially if they don't communicate well like this little circus we are watching today

First of all they didn't promise you anything. They opened up pre-purchase window with a goal of end of Q1 of 2020. No promise made. Plus if you can't handle a few weeks slip in release date, then there is more issues going on then simply not getting your new toy when YOU want it....

Maybe you know if what is going on with the world right now.... They couldn't achieve their goals. Just look at HeatBlur's situation right now with Cobra having to go deal with a personal issue. So I do not feel any sympathy for anyone who thinks the SC release is the most important thing right now because they paid money and think they own the ED team due to that so they can demand answers or throw a tantrum if they don't.

First world problems going on here.....

Covid-19 takes priority over our favourite game. Almost every industry in the West and East has been heavily affected by it so wouldn't be suprised if there is a delay. Personally there are bigger things to worry about than the release of Super Carrier.

Quit using Covid as an excuse for a company where the job can be conducted from home while there are literally hundreds of thousands of people doing essential roles that still have to go into the public to work like doctors, nurses, public works, law enforcement etc. :mad:

ED had serious completion and communication issues well before this virus showed up. You are grasping at straws here!

• Like 1

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

Yes, And who knows what there going to say maybe its coming Thursday or Friday or next week..Hey maybe its still coming tomorrow if they fix a couple of things they might have found..

Who knows

They didn't say that its not coming tomorrow

I guess im stupid but there are bigger things going on I work in a ICU 15hrs a day with stuff more important going on in the world then a carrier that might be delayed little to make it better.

Nice humble brag

• Like 1

Let’s everyone just calm down. Here are some easy listening tunes for you.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

First of all they didn't promise you anything. They opened up pre-purchase window with a goal of end of Q1 of 2020. No promise made. Plus if you can't handle a few weeks slip in release date, then there is more issues going on then simply not getting your new toy when YOU want it....

Maybe you know if what is going on with the world right now.... They couldn't achieve their goals. Just look at HeatBlur's situation right now with Cobra having to go deal with a personal issue. So I do not feel any sympathy for anyone who thinks the SC release is the most important thing right now because they paid money and think they own the ED team due to that so they can demand answers or throw a tantrum if they don't.

First world problems going on here.....

People don’t make these dates up, they were announced, so it’s not when WE want it it’s when they announced to have it available.

Well said chevvyrules.

And it might also be a good idea not to complain before a release announcement or delay announcement has been made.

I suppose if all you have to complain about is the Carrier, things can’t be too bad for you. So some comfort from that, even if you are acting like the end of the world is nigh! Remember, for many around the world there really is something g to complain about!

I think people are more bitter from the lack of comms than the lack of a module, to be honest.

The unnecessary "secrecy", the lack of communication, the "maybes"... I sincerely think ED needs better PR here (not hoggit), that can take the pulse of this community.

A thread about a module is derailing to become a storm of "demands", anger and bitterness.

• Like 1

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Well I have been anticipating the release for awhile now, but of course I ended up changing

the coolant and tubing on my PC 3 weeks ago and now My D5 Vario Pump is not functioning

properly and the new pump and Reservoir I ordered from Amazon will not be here until

thursday or friday. I am using a 2010 Mac Mini to go online so I cant even load DCS on

the 1tb HD and download the 2.6.? update when it does come out.

You guys and girls are lucky to be able to do so and with the virus going around, computer

parts are not coming in from China and the prices have been going up and up.

Stay safe and Clear Skies to You all !!!

Hey guys. delayed or released it is not important. we were always got delayed and wait for completion of hornet.

look hornet. I remember it was delayed 1 years more. then I am waiting completion of hornet still too.

of course SC will be release or delayed. it is not matter. JUST I WANT SEE COMPLETE MODULE.

Give it back my Hawk.

it is not complete too, but it is cute. anyway give it back to me. my hawk..

"Hey guys, I know you guys are pretty smart, and this certainly doesn't feel like a normal day before a release, so do the math. But the announcement will come from Kate herself, and she wants to be around to answer concerns then. If they decide to hold it back a while longer it is 100% in the best interest of everyone that pre-purchased it.

I know some internal MP testing went on this weekend, and it might have snagged some issues, but wait for the announcement tomorrow (AM Minsk). I do appreciate your support and concern, and good, bad and ugly I know it's all coming from a desire to have the Supercarrier as soon as you can, and in the best shape as it can be. Thanks."

Thats from Hoggit and NineLine.

Hope its ok to quote you on hoggit Nineline