DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Hey guys,

Will this product have campaigns down the road, and besides landing on it (seeing the crew) - what else can player do on the carrier. I am kinda confused from reading all these threads about it - I am just not understanding this product well.

Is it sort of like a terrain of sorts package (tons of missions etc from the carrier) etc.

Thanks

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

• ED Team
Hey guys,

Will this product have campaigns down the road, and besides landing on it (seeing the crew) - what else can player do on the carrier. I am kinda confused from reading all these threads about it - I am just not understanding this product well.

Is it sort of like a terrain of sorts package (tons of missions etc from the carrier) etc.

Thanks

Missions will come with the aircraft that use the super carrier. For example the Hornet will have missions included that use the super carrier.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
BIGNEWY,

Do you guys have a loose time frame on the briefing room or are you able to give anymore details on its functionality? I think for those of us who fly with friends, this is an exciting new addition to the carrier.

Not yet, just that it will come later after early access release.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Can we see the recovery phase - ie landings , views and comms

I thought I was the only one waiting on the next video. Wags, upload what you have so far. I am impatiently waiting for the next vid. Ok I'm only half joking. Take your time, but hurry up. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I thought I was the only one waiting on the next video. Wags, upload what you have so far. I am impatiently waiting for the next vid. Ok I'm only half joking. Take your time, but hurry up. :)

Haha I thought its available soon I do hope its not just the deck crew and handling that's in early access

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was done long time ago. What new do you expect?

I believe Wags' going to be doing another video showing what the deck crew does during recovery, how to set it up or something like that. Just don't know when.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Will the supercarrier have multiple camera views besides Plat,LSO and briefing rooms? sort of like airboss view, different Cat views during takeoff or patio views?

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

I believe Wags' going to be doing another video showing what the deck crew does during recovery, how to set it up or something like that.

It was said that there will be no crew action during recovery for EA.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Lets hope its changed from the robotic voice I just heard

It would be nice if we could use our own voice, either live or making our own recordings, like custom skins only audio.

Failing that, I hope there's a selection of pilot voices to choose from.

It would be nice if we could use our own voice, either live or making our own recordings, like custom skins only audio.

Failing that, I hope there's a selection of pilot voices to choose from.

I'm hoping VAICOM Pro will do this.

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

Will the supercarrier have multiple camera views besides Plat,LSO and briefing rooms? sort of like airboss view, different Cat views during takeoff or patio views?

Without wanting to get banned again for mentioning a particular part of the sim that don't work I cant see how you can watch your landings/ take offs from different camera positions in single player

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

More nice WIP pics of the SC on the ED site.

DCSSC_2.png

DCSSC_12.png

Man, only a week left for the SC. I can't wait. I could've sworn Wags was making another video. I know he's making instructional videos so hopefully something comes before next week.

More nice WIP pics of the SC on the ED site.

DCSSC_12.png

This looks incredible, I cannot wait to practice carrier ops at night :thumbup:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y