DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Yes. According to the insider's web page, there is finally a release date.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

What blew me away was the initial feature list! That's going to be so cool...

What is the insiders web page???

A bit like a tunnel pass, or padeye remover.

Hi all

We are planning to give more information soon about the timeline for the supercarrier.

Once we know for sure we will share it with you all in a newsletter.

Thank you

I'm sure there are significant challenges keeping everyone in an organization on the same page right now, but it's disappointing that the promised information wasn't passed on in the newsletter as promised.

I know that Wags' update is stickied at the top of the sc forum, but after reading this entry from BIGNEWY many may have eschewed searching the forums for more sc news, expecting this to get delivered to their email. If I had more self control I might have been one of them :P

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Dang Mac...every time I see your Avatar I get hungry!!!

Sometime Mid-April huh?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Hi all

We are planning to give more information soon about the timeline for the supercarrier.

Once we know for sure we will share it with you all in a newsletter.

Thank you

I'm sure there are significant challenges keeping everyone in an organization on the same page right now, but it's disappointing that the promised information wasn't passed on in the newsletter as promised...

Can you show me where in BN's reply it states which newsletter will have the SC news? All this does is creates a domino effect of misinformation. There were no promises made and no specific newsletter mentioned in his reply.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Can you show me where in BN's reply it states which newsletter will have the SC news? All this does is creates a domino effect of misinformation. There were no promises made and no specific newsletter mentioned in his reply.
Reasonable to expect it in the newsletter following the official announcement. If you can't draw those conclusions for yourself I feel sorry for you.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Here is a bit of news on the Supercarrier for those that did not see it...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=266705

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Like the one that came out today that doesn't mention SC at all? Those in glass houses...

Exactly my point, it wasn't mentioned and it should have been.

Edit: As you rightly state it wasn't mentioned in the newsletter at all, but that doesn't change whether it was the logical conclusion.

Edited by Horns
Added third line for greater clarity

Reasonable to expect it in the newsletter following the official announcement. If you can't draw those conclusions for yourself I feel sorry for you.

Ohhhh. I see what you mean now. My badd, Horns. My apologies.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Ah ok cool, my bad too, I should have been clearer :)

Edited by Horns
Added apology

Just a quick note that HB chimed in via Reddit on Their Carrier being ready this month...

Some News via Reddit

reddit

r/hoggit - Forrestal?

4 votes and 22 comments so far on Reddit

“We’re still aiming to have an Alpha of the Forrestal out this month. Things are changing re carriers with the Supercarrier, so there is some uncertainty in the air whether we can launch the coming week. Will keep you updated ASAP.

Patrick

mini.gif

Just a quick note that HB chimed in via Reddit on Their Carrier being ready this month...

Some News via Reddit

reddit

r/hoggit - Forrestal?

4 votes and 22 comments so far on Reddit

“We’re still aiming to have an Alpha of the Forrestal out this month. Things are changing re carriers with the Supercarrier, so there is some uncertainty in the air whether we can launch the coming week. Will keep you updated ASAP.

Preciate the news.:thumbup:

+100 :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II