DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

• ED Team

Hi all,

We will show more features and progress when we are ready to, some of this work is in progress internally and being tweaked, we of course want to show you it at its best.

For now our teaser videos and the features list on the store page gives a preview of what can be expected.

10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:

CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

CVN-73 George Washington

CVN-74 John C Stennis

CVN-75 Harry S. Truman

For the early access release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.

Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:

Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.

Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.

Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated "rabbit lights" along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.

Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.

Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.

Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.

Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.

Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.

Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.

During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:

Air Boss station.

Briefing room.

Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.

More LSO station interactions.

Combined Arms integration.

"Burble" effect.

Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.

Functional barricade net.

Thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered so far, we appreciate the support.

For steam users the team continue to look for solutions and when we know more we will let everyone know.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

For steam users the team continue to look for solutions and when we know more we will let everyone know.

Not blaming ED for this, but it somehow felt like beeing excluded from the community. I know Steam is a giant and if they won´t allow another exception for a DLC pre-purchase, there is nothing Ed could do about it. One can´t win against Steam in this term and we can´t demand ED confronting one of their buisness partners. So a very big thanks that you guys still don´t forget about us!

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

I appreciate you guys developing this however I need to see more than just text which can always be changed further down the line. Will get this once I see more in videos showcasing the functions and features that are actually finished.

Spending food money, as everyone is calling it, is not the problem for me. I just want to actually see what is already availabe at launch and how much of the text is to be developed at later timeframe.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

So I bought the F18 + Carrier + SU33 Package. I installed the F18 and SU33 but I see no evidence of the carrier module installed. How can I verify its in? I dont see it in my modules and I dont see an icon at the bottom in the main menu

So I bought the F18 + Carrier + SU33 Package. I installed the F18 and SU33 but I see no evidence of the carrier module installed. How can I verify its in? I dont see it in my modules and I dont see an icon at the bottom in the main menu

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/other/supercarrier/

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I got it. I have to installe the open beta.

DaWu,

I provided that link to show the pre-purchase button. The Supercarrier is not released yet. It's only available for pre-order and is planned for an early access release by the end of Q1(March) in open beta.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Pathetic attempt at joking aside, this is more about supporting yet another early access module in the sea of already unfinished early access modules. It is not about money only, this is also about what content, how much support, completion timeframe and the rate updates after the launch.

There are now people joking around over stupid small things and ignore the bigger picture. Just because you do not see the problem, no need to assume everyone will be alright with whatever excuse you come up with to justify your purchases.

I agree with Mower, I am also waiting for further information and clarity before spending any money to support the development of this module.

All valid points, but the bigger picture of which you speak is more nuanced than that. This is not a sector that you'd get into to make your fortune. Given the enormous levels of expertise required to develop this sim, they charge a very reasonable price. This means when faced with the "good, fast, cheap - pick two" dilemma, fast is what suffers. ED may be slow, but generally speaking, they get there in the end. DCS has been around for over 10 years now, and it's come a long way.

That's not to question your decision; you money is your own. I think it's worth considering that ED don't just take your money and sit on it; they do use it to fund further development - and for that reason, despite their faults, I'm happy to spend my money with them.

All valid points, but the bigger picture of which you speak is more nuanced than that. This is not a sector that you'd get into to make your fortune. Given the enormous levels of expertise required to develop this sim, they charge a very reasonable price. This means when faced with the "good, fast, cheap - pick two" dilemma, fast is what suffers. ED may be slow, but generally speaking, they get there in the end. DCS has been around for over 10 years now, and it's come a long way.

That's not to question your decision; you money is your own. I think it's worth considering that ED don't just take your money and sit on it; they do use it to fund further development - and for that reason, despite their faults, I'm happy to spend my money with them.

Well said Flaming Squirrel! :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Wel $24,99 (discount) wel spent, imo! My thoughts are that you don’t shake this out of your sleeve like that, with the animations alone people are putting some hard work in this to make it happen. And money has to be earned, and above that it think this is a great step towards making the DCS world a bit more alive. Imagine military crew at the airfields etc. etc. I’ll buy it without a doubt and enjoy it like all the other modules with flaws, bugs, early acces & glitches and all.

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

So normally I don't participate in preorders. I prefer to wait for release and get a few youtube reviews and I don't mind supporting ED with a little more money. The 50% off discount was too good to ignore though and I also want to encourage ED with my few dollars to support the DCS ecosystem and not just churn out modules. Thanks ED, looking forward to it.

P.S. Please help Razbam sort out spawning on the Tarawa!

Wait you cant play the carrier module yet? Its just a preorder?

What gave you the impression that is was a release?

Wait you cant play the carrier module yet? Its just a preorder?

What gave you the impression that is was a release?

giphy.gif

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Just did something I've never done before in my 3 years of flying DCS...a pre order! And since I only fly the Hornet & Su33 getting an updated Kuznetsov is gravy :smilewink:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

• ED Team
Just did something I've never done before in my 3 years of flying DCS...a pre order! And since I only fly the Hornet & Su33 getting an updated Kuznetsov is gravy :smilewink:

Thank you for supporting us! :thumbup:

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for supporting us! :thumbup:

You betcha.

I love DCS, where else is a 59 yr old color blind guy gonna do carrier ops :pilotfly:

Alienware Area-51M: i7-9700K, 165Hz 27" ASUS Swift PG279 IPS with G-SYNC, 32GB DDR4 Ram, 1TB M.2 PCie x4 SSD, 1TB SSHD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, Windows 10, CH Eclipse...

Check out my fictional F/A 18-C Hornet and Su33 Flanker skins at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=WytchCrypt&set_filter=Y

You betcha.

I love DCS, where else is a 59 yr old color blind guy gonna do carrier ops :pilotfly:

I'm with you on that WytchCrypt! As 52 year old, old head, DCS is a dream come true and the carrier module is almost like a steal with the pre-order discounts. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

I'm with you on that WytchCrypt! As 52 year old, old head, DCS is a dream come true and the carrier module is almost like a steal with the pre-order discounts. :)

Agreed. With my Hornet discount I paid $25 for the pre-order...$25!!! Back in the days of buying boxed PC flight sims off the shelf I would have gladly laid out $75+ for an add-on like this.

Thanks to DCS, times are good for us military flight simmers :thumbup: