DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Just a question, please don't shoot me...

I seem to recall when pre-purchasing either the F/A-18C Hornet or the Persian Gulf map, in one of them, an incentive was that the new carrier was part of the pre-purchase "incentive" (the new planned Nimitz class carrier with deck crew).

Am I wrong about that, or does that ring any bells with anyone else? Thanks for the reply.

Cheers,

Don

The bell it rings here tells me that I read there will be discount for Hornet owners. But don't shoot me either.

Yes, I can remember Wags mentioning there would be a significant discount on the new carrier module for those who already have the FA-18 Hornet.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I wouldn't be surprised to see more features pop up in the months ahead.

:)

I would, and frankly I hope not. There needs to be an incentive to buy it. Adding more features to the existing Stennis does the opposite.

Edited by dawgie79

Would make sense and gives the people that aren't planning on buying..*cue dramatic music*..Supercarrier...a better experience as well.

WHO THE HELL WOULDN'T BUY A SUPERCARRIER??? :yes:

My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Any info on that?

I still hope we will not have to buy a carrier module, and then be forced to buy CA to control it.

That would be very impudent.

I have mentioned this issue at previous replies what is not a proper way that forcing buy CA to control the ship.

However, it seems only few ones taking care of that - it makes me sad.

I have mentioned this issue at previous replies what is not a proper way that forcing buy CA to control the ship.

However, it seems only few ones taking care of that - it makes me sad.

Because anyone who is interested in driving anything beyond the aircraft knows that CA is the way to go. Most of the people interested in the carrier expect to experience it from the aircraft by using comms and own actions then to see the reaction from the carrier itself and its crew. You can still control everything indirectly via ME.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Because anyone who is interested in driving anything beyond the aircraft knows that CA is the way to go. Most of the people interested in the carrier expect to experience it from the aircraft by using comms and own actions then to see the reaction from the carrier itself and its crew. You can still control everything indirectly via ME.

Of course I know that.

However, as mentioned before, I have no interest on Army and ground engagements(i.e Tanks and Armour-ed vehicles) so I have no intention to buy CA.

MORE IMPOTENTLY, the Supercarrier is a BRAND-NEW module, and the Aircraft Carrier is basically a ship so is it not awkward no steering(due to no the other module)?

It's believe that implementing a helm and navigation mechanism which can be based on CA function for Supercarrier module is a more proper way. Even I can wait it being implemented on later EA stage or formally released stage.

I hope that ED can notice this question.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

DCS is not only about aircraft, I get that but what I am really interested in as far as the Supercarrier module goes is the deck operations with me in the cockpit. Deck crew, clutter, and busy deck is a way to go for me. I wish this module would include renewed 3d objects for other US Navy assets currently in game. And wouldn't mind new ones too.

I am so happy that the burble effect is to be included. Would be nice if we had life like pitching deck as well... but that would need water simulation I guess.

Edited by Gierasimov

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Would be nice if we had life like pitching deck as well... but that would need water simulation I guess.

Just like the turbulence effect that is in development. I believe they could and possibly have plans to pull this off also. Let's get that initial list of goodies first though! :) By the way the water does looks pretty damn good as we have it now, but I believe ED will challenge themselves to make it better!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

MORE IMPOTENTLY, the Supercarrier is a BRAND-NEW module, and the Aircraft Carrier is basically a ship so is it not awkward no steering(due to no the other module)?

It never meant to be a ship simulation. It's for the navy pilots mostly. Just don't keep your expectations too high. They may however decide to change things.

If there is already rolling movement I see no problem in adding pitching. No "water simulation" is needed imho apart from pitch amplitude depending on the wind direction and strenght. But if it needs huge implementation for the aircraft to stay properly on the deck I could understand that they would drop the idea for now. Planes sliding is still a thing.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It never meant to be a ship simulation. It's for the navy pilots mostly. Just don't keep your expectations too high. They may however decide to change things.

If there is already rolling movement I see no problem in adding pitching. No "water simulation" is needed imho apart from pitch amplitude depending on the wind direction and strenght. But if it needs huge implementation for the aircraft to stay properly on the deck I could understand that they would drop the idea for now. Planes sliding is still a thing.

It seems not a high expectation. I meat that is a not fair option to force buying CA.

In other word, to be straight, my expectation is only that Carrier module has a steering function itself(it would be a mechanism based on CA), and not have to buy CA.

I'm so sorry again - I really not want to buy CA due to no interest on Army and I just wanna be a Naval Aviator

• ED Team
It seems not a high expectation. I meat that is a not fair option to force buying CA.

In other word, to be straight, my expectation is only that Carrier module has a steering function itself(it would be a mechanism based on CA), and not have to buy CA.

I'm so sorry again - I really not want to buy CA due to no interest on Army and I just wanna be a Naval Aviator

Closer to pre-order ED will clarify, until then we will have to be patient while testing is finished.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Congrats to ED for the work on the Carriers. It is just beautiful. I just wonder what the graphics overhead will be and how much of it will affect the play.
Yeah, especially in vr mode.

Overhead in vr would I imagine heavy.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Would be nice if we had life like pitching deck as well... but that would need water simulation I guess.

There is pitching deck right now, just checked...

Yeah I know draconus, I meant life-like-pitching-deck, not pitching deck alone.

Ever watched PBS documentary mini-series titled Carrier? Episode 1 if I remember.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Yeah I know draconus, I meant life-like-pitching-deck, not pitching deck alone.

Ever watched PBS documentary mini-series titled Carrier? Episode 1 if I remember.

Watched that Episode on YouTube and its cool.

Still I think, pitching deck is a rather extreme Situation and there are many other weather-related issues, that ED should fix first.

Yes!

Watched that Episode on YouTube and its cool.

Still I think, pitching deck is a rather extreme Situation and there are many other weather-related issues, that ED should fix first.

That's why I said, "would be nice". Current pitching deck is OK I guess, higher the wind, bigger it gets, somehow though it does not affect my traps that much. If my pass is solid I will trap no matter the deck up or down, however, this must be the reason for 2 wire or 4 wire from time to time.

Been with DCS since it was born, so I am ready to spend another three decades with it anyway. Maybe one day...

New Aircraft Carrier Mod

I rarely post, but am hoping that ED sees this and considers tweaking the color of the new CVN decks while this is still a work in progress.

I spent many years walking the decks of CVN's and when I saw the recent screenshots, what immediately jumped out at me was the deck color. It is, in my opinion, far too brown. I've had my hands in this non-skid coating and actually applied it to the deck. It is grey, and while it does fade due to UV exposure over time, it doesn't take on this brown color, which, to my eye, looks more like a stained concrete.

I'll buy the new module either way, but am hoping ED does some color adjustments to the deck.

Will ED make an SDK for 3rd Parties and their carriers?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Just noticed something interesting to me... Push Back on deck is literally push back, like, by hands... I always thought they would use a tractor...

At about 17:00 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEKDSTgDR2M&t=25s, the push back starts with no signs of machinery being used...

Also in this photo:

attachment.php?attachmentid=216729&stc=1&d=1567653006

Will this be part of the animated deck crew / DCS Supercarrier?

E1HJ05.thumb.jpg.9398d50f76eed8b64c025954dc7c1e8c.jpg

Edited by ravenzino

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

I rarely post, but am hoping that ED sees this and considers tweaking the color of the new CVN decks while this is still a work in progress.

I spent many years walking the decks of CVN's and when I saw the recent screenshots, what immediately jumped out at me was the deck color. It is, in my opinion, far too brown. I've had my hands in this non-skid coating and actually applied it to the deck. It is grey, and while it does fade due to UV exposure over time, it doesn't take on this brown color, which, to my eye, looks more like a stained concrete.

I'll buy the new module either way, but am hoping ED does some color adjustments to the deck.

Hello,

Did you ever consider made a Stennis deck liverie? i have 2 i downloaded from users and i would love more. Do you think it´s possible?

Thank youi,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.