DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

• 1 month later...

To any of the ED guys, are there any plans to implement additional parking slots on the new Carrier?

At the moment we're quite restricted to how many aircraft can launch from the carrier (8 at the most, and 4 of those need to be catapult starts) and it's a bit of a pain for building missions. It'd be nice to be able to create a full alpha strike scenario.

@Wags and/or NineLine,

We have users that have been on a number of the Nimitz-class carriers.

I have been working on recreating some of the air frame liveries for carrier air wing groups that were stationed on CVN-70 and CVN-74.

Have been hearing scuttlebutt about CVN-70 my be taken out.

So my question is... Would it be an option (if not already in the works) to have multiple skins for the current CVN-74 and upcoming new CVN-74?

I see some of the other ships have the option to change the liveries on them. Would be nice if we could have the option to change the liveries of the carriers as well, or allow users to reskin on their own.

I haven't looked at the current CVN-74 to see if its possible and still have the working cats.

I didn’t see this chat so I will post this here: The recent update video on new carrier communication was impressive. I realize this is a work in progress but was wondering why the video says “zip-lip” when they are calling the ball rather than using cut lights. Also it says “non CQ” conditions. Will cyclic ops be implemented? If so no tower communication should be necessary.. rather just collapse the stack? My last nitpick is that the lengthy check in with tower should certainly be shortened. Completely appropriate for marshal but not tower. All together impressive so far though.. certainly on track for some extreme realism. I wouldn’t be so picky if they hadn’t put the details before the video which seem to contradict what is happening a bit. Keep up the great work.. this+ animated flight deck sounds ground breaking. Hope they can figure out how to implement Marshall timing and have AI work in this environment.. cannot possibly be an easy task so good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been announced which Nimitz carrier this new one will be? CVN-71? 75? Or, will there be more than one carrier available?

Just curious. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

It would be great if ED can model it once in terms of all the interactions and systems, but provide multiple liveries that covers the entire Nimitz class carriers, so it'll allow to create a massive scale naval operation, which could be very cool.

Understand that would involve some detail change in the physical model of the carrier, but I guess that would be manageable. Worst case is still treat each carrier as individual, but use the same set of systems.

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Yep, First day buy! Waiting years for this! If succes ED go for the groundcrew on airfields! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Noticed the crew vests in the latest screenshots have CVN-74 on them, so I'm guessing we'll see at least a Stennis as a new Nimitz in game? Hopefully, other ships in the class as well, since the Stennis is already the newest base carrier in game.

Would be kind of weird to see two of them on a map, wouldn't it?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Also, to update you on how we will handle the new carrier in network play, the new carrier will appear in network missions, even if you do not own the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. As such, even if you do not own the module, you can still join missions that include it. However, if you do not own this carrier module, you will be unable to start from this carrier, land on it, or experience the deck crew and radio communications.

Excellent move from Eagle Dynamics. Thank you, guys!

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

As of the 2.5.5 update, the LAlt+F9 "plat cam" zoom function no longer works, making it impossible to edit the plat cam coordinates to film realistic deck footage with the current Stennis. Will the new DCS Carrier include some cameras/filming locations on the deck?

Remarkable! While not 100% perfect, the movement of these deck crew models is extremely fluid and life-like, and more than adequate to greatly enhance immersion on the carrier deck and airfield hardstand.

Great work team ED. Very much looking forward to adding this to my collection. :thumbup:

With the new carrier atc system, should i strictly follow the case 1 or case 3 landing patterns? What would happen if i try head on landing attempt?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hope you guys also introduce some dialogues like with Jester on the F-14. What I am inferring to is...The similar dialogues and comments on our Landing from the LSO. It would be a motivation to perfect that landing.

Landing grades and comments.