Jester EFUZ settings

Papa Saubär

Hello guys,

Jester can't change the EFUZ e.g for the Mk-20 cluster bombs. The EFUZ have to set to VT for the clusterbombs, so it would be great if you can add this option in the future.

Also we need the delay EFUZ option to smash some bunkers :thumbup:

This isn't the Hornet bud.

"The Mk-20 Rockeye is a conventional free fall bomb like the Mk-80 series bombs but instead of a conventional charge it carries anti-tank submunitions. The Rockeye contains 247 of these anti-tank submunitions which are released at a set height using a radar altimeter, the design being that the submunitions are dispersed over a large area for greater effect.

The fuze height itself is set by the ground crew as they’re loaded and can’t be changed by the pilot. To arm the Rockeye correctly the mechanical fuse should be set to nose (N).

The F-14B can carry up to 10 Mk-20 Rockeyes using the Phoenix rails and substations as well as TERs on the glove pylons."

It's all in the Heatblur Manual...:book::book::book:

Edited by IceFire
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

Then why is there a VT fuze setting in the RIOT pit? When do I use it in the Tomcat? When do I use the EFUZE in general?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

"The Mk-20 Rockeye is a conventional free fall bomb like the Mk-80 series bombs but instead of a conventional charge it carries anti-tank submunitions. The Rockeye contains 247 of these anti-tank submunitions which are released at a set height using a radar altimeter, the design being that the submunitions are dispersed over a large area for greater effect.

The fuze height itself is set by the ground crew as they’re loaded and can’t be changed by the pilot. To arm the Rockeye correctly the mechanical fuse should be set to nose (N).

The F-14B can carry up to 10 Mk-20 Rockeyes using the Phoenix rails and substations as well as TERs on the glove pylons."

Thanks for your answer, but why have the RIO seat the electric fuze (EFUZE) settings? VT, Delay1, Delay2, Inst and Safe

The ELEC FUSE selector knob sets the electrical fuse of the store to be released:

• SAFE - Inhibits electrical bomb fusing.

• VT - Sets air-burst mode at preset burst height for compatible stores.

• INST - Sets instantaneous burst mode.

• DLY 1 - Sets preset time delay 1.

• DLY 2 - Sets preset time delay 2.

The Mk-20 works perfectly with the Inst or VT option...

Furthermore how can i penetrate a bunker with the GBUs? This bombs need a delay setting, but it is not full implemented yet. I tested that with Delay1 and Delay2, but the bomb explode on the top directly (without a delay).

Edited by Papa Saubär

• 6 months later...
Then why is there a VT fuze setting in the RIOT pit? When do I use it in the Tomcat? When do I use the EFUZE in general?

Bump

What's the point of the VT setting in the Tomcat?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The fuze settings all depend on what fuzes are set on the munitions loaded on the aircraft. As DCS doesn't currently allow for different fuzes on the same weapons this is currently simplified.

The EFUZE setting only affects the GBUs currently, the other weapons only use the mechanical fuze settings.

• 6 months later...

So what is the fuze height? Or what is the minimum altitude for the rockey to be droped from in the tomcat ?

So what is the fuze height? Or what is the minimum altitude for the rockey to be droped from in the tomcat ?

Most common used altitude for canister separation is 1500ft. I'd say for best results it should be off the rack by 3000ft. If you experiment with this, you'll see a different dispersal radius of the submunitions.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

The Mk20 is currently bugged. It is off target. Which is unfortunate, as it is a nice toy. Although, I havent tested it in couple months, but I do not remember a changelog entry about a fix for it either. We looked if we could offset this on our side, but decided against it, as the fix should be with the bomb itself. Unfortunately that is out of our hands.

As Naquaii explained, do not forget that on conventional bombs, irl, fuzes could only be set mechanically, on the bomb, on the ground. Additionally laser codes could only be set on the ground. There is a widespread misconception about this in the community, due to the A10 which incorrectly allows for both in midair.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for the info...

No offence, but if the problem is with the Mk-20 itself how can it work with any other platform other that the Tomcat ?

So, currently the Phoenix and the Mk-20 do not work as advertised? Any other major issues we should be aware of?

Anyway I love the Tomcat, best module ever (until you do the Tornado) :-)

The Mk20 should be off with all aircraft, unless they fixed it. In that case it will work with the Tomcat as well. I have not tried it in a while.

Is it off target in the Tomcat now, but on target for you in other modules?

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 2 years later...
On 10/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, Naquaii said:

The EFUZE setting only affects the GBUs currently, the other weapons only use the mechanical fuze settings.

Sorry to necro the thread, but in which way are GBUs affected by the EFUZE setting in the game (not asking about RL) other than the fact that setting the EFUZE to SAFE will cause them to dud?

3 hours ago, Stickler said:

Sorry to necro the thread, but in which way are GBUs affected by the EFUZE setting in the game (not asking about RL) other than the fact that setting the EFUZE to SAFE will cause them to dud?

It might only be that, I don't remember if the delayed settings were implemented as they don't really do much in DCS.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been having trouble with the Paveway in the Tomcat being unable to kill bunkers that i could easily destroy with the russian BETab-500 or the GBU-31 in the Hornet setting fuse to delay (or GBU-24 setting to tail) and just found out 2 GBU-24s in the Tomcat will kill a bunker setting fuse to VT so there you go...

• 6 months later...