Heatblur plans for pilot's attitude/mindset towards RIOs?

D4n

As it's hard to find a pilot who wants a human RIO (although the advantages are more than obvious, communication, fun, tactics, ...) I wonder, what does Heatblur intend to do to make pilots accept RIOs into their pits (on PvE servers) ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I'm not going to let someone that I don't know in RIO seat.

why the hell wouldn't you? :huh::huh::huh: (assuming that

1. he claims to know what he's doing

2. wants to communicate with you using some VoIP software)

I don't understand why you think this is Heatblur's problem to solve.

As they promised us a "fun (multiplayer) experience" for both pilots and RIOs...

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

why the hell wouldn't you? :huh::huh::huh: (assuming that

1. he claims to know what he's doing

2. wants to communicate with you using some VoIP software)

There's your main problem right there. Claims to know what he's doing.

Funny that someone with the same exact name as your forum name jumped into my backseat right after the Tomcat came out when TTI didn't have the Ask turned on evidently and messed my entire startup up.

Now, not saying it was you or anything. lot of copycats these days. ;) Oh, and you didn't even have SRS running either.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Heatblur plans for pilot's attitude/mindset towards RIOs?

People are hesitant to team up with someone they do not know in most cases.

Ask yourself....

1. Are you engaged in the commonly used voice channels?

2. Are you a “familiar face” on the server?

3. How are you asking? (Randomly clicking on seats is not the best way to get a ride)

4. Have you tried the Wingnanfinder Reddit and Discord? (It’s like Tinder for sim pilots.....)

Other factors...

1. Pilots flying solo may not have enough time to team up. They may not want to waste your time.

2. Pilots already airborne may be out of missiles and headed home when you ask to join (no real point in accepting a RIO at that time.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's your main problem right there. Claims to know what he's doing.

what kind of problem are you making up here? Have u NEVER EVER heard of "pilot trust" ?? when a RIO tells you "I'm experienced", you HAVE to trust him until proven wrong. Easy as that, in our tight DCS community.

Funny that someone with the same exact name as your forum name jumped into my backseat right after the Tomcat came out when TTI didn't have the Ask turned on evidently and messed my entire startup up.

Now, not saying it was you or anything. lot of copycats these days. ;) Oh, and you didn't even have SRS running either.

What's "TTI" here, not "time to impact" in this case... but what's "the Ask" ? "THE ask" ?? "to ask", "I ask", "he asks"... not "THE ask", bro.

Also I'd have joined SRS if sb. would ask me to join SRS, as discord is a more comfortable program in these first weeks after cat release and everyone still learning LANTIRN/GBUs etc etc etc (whole ground attack program after having completed whole A2A course I mean)

Wingman discord, got ya. "https://www.reddit.com/r/WingmanFinder/comments/8pfhxg/join_the_rwingmanfinder_discord/" and there "service unavailable"... wait what, Reddit? xD mega fail.

why would l want a random person l dont eaven know jump in the back seat and tallk BS to me for an hour and spoil my gameing time and tell me how to fly the jet. plus the person that jumps in to the back could be a rapist or something from some place in the World that l dont eaven know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't imagine a situation where I would want someone to jump in the RIO seat who I don't already know very well. Since the Tomcat relies so heavily on not just good crew cooperation but also good crew competence, it is not (always) going to be in the best interest of the virtual pilot to just arbitrarily trust and hope that the random in the backseat can handle their part of the bargain.

Think of this from the perspective of the person in the pilot position. In order for them to do ANYTHING, the RIO needs to understand their role and what they are supposed to be doing. If they get a RIO who can't be bothered to learn, that RIO is (potentially) ruining the experience for all involved. Seriously. Imagine being in the front seat. You are going to intercept some aircraft and suddenly you find that your RIO can't read the radar or doesn't understand the difference between TWS and PD Search. Now you can't do your job and your time has been wasted.

I know it sounds harsh but perhaps this is good for the community in the long run. Having a aircraft module with a heavy emphasis on competence may encourage players who might not otherwise hit the figurative books to do so in a effort to be more desirable as a RIO.

It is one thing to have someone on your wing who can't handle the basics, you can still (kinda) do your thing. It is entirely another when you rely on someone in the RIO seat to get anything done. At this stage, I think Jester or someone you know and already trust is a better bet.

what kind of problem are you making up here? Have u NEVER EVER heard of "pilot trust" ?? when a RIO tells you "I'm experienced", you HAVE to trust him until proven wrong. Easy as that, in our tight DCS community.

Trust is earned. Not demanded. Teams are built -- and real drivers and RIOs know what training the other guy has received. Not so much here.

I'm not letting somebody in my back seat unless they know what they're doing. I've had RIOs who claimed to be proficient leave countermeasures disabled, radar cold, and RWR off.

A driver with a shitty RIO is in a worse spot than he is with Jester. Unless you're better than Jester, or I'm working with you to make you better than Jester, and you've already proven it to me without being an ass, get that sense of entitlement out of here.

Secondly, that kind of attitude isn't welcome in my back seat.

Also I'd have joined SRS if sb. would ask me to join SRS, as discord is a more comfortable program in these first weeks after cat release and everyone still learning LANTIRN/GBUs etc etc etc (whole ground attack program after having completed whole A2A course I mean)

SRS is the ubiquitous thing now. Nearly every server has SRS autojoin enabled. Why wouldn't you just run SRS when you run DCS? There is no Discord autojoin function. I can't easily change discord channels with the turn of a knob.

Trust is earned. Not demanded. Teams are built -- and real drivers and RIOs know what training the other guy has received. Not so much here.

I'm not letting somebody in my back seat unless they know what they're doing. I've had RIOs who claimed to be proficient leave countermeasures disabled, radar cold, and RWR off.

A driver with a shitty RIO is in a worse spot than he is with Jester. Unless you're better than Jester, or I'm working with you to make you better than Jester, and you've already proven it to me without being an ass, get that sense of entitlement out of here.

Secondly, that kind of attitude isn't welcome in my back seat.

+1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

As it's hard to find a pilot who wants a human RIO (although the advantages are more than obvious, communication, fun, tactics, ...) I wonder, what does Heatblur intend to do to make pilots accept RIOs into their pits (on PvE servers) ?

Hello,

Well I believe that, to each his own, so don't let the first answers get you down.

Keep searching / talking to people, also give it more time to the module / sim become more known.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

I'm hoping/waiting for Heatblur to make hot swapping seats in multiplayer an option in server settings as I definitely want to run my own server with this featured enable.

Please Hearblur, fix this so I can be totally happy. Thanks

It's not something they can fix. No pilot in a designated pilot aircraft slot causes a kick.

Huh?

I prefer a human RIO and I have "my RIO".

Just because I do not allow strangers into my cockpit doesn't mean I don't want a human RIO - did that possibility cross your mind?

He could speak bad English, have no idea what he's doing, be a jerk or have no humor and hen I'm stuck with him. Yay.

What's "TTI" here, not "time to impact" in this case... but what's "the Ask" ? "THE ask" ?? "to ask", "I ask", "he asks"... not "THE ask", bro.

Through The Inferno, I know you're familiar with those servers. And no, you didn't have SRS because myself and others talked about you on it while you stole that ride. :megalol:

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

i think this is the absolute crowning jewel of danielnl threads

You just made my day :lol:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guys, please don’t fall for this kind of thread. Don’t take the bait.

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

Lol, OK... I’ll go grab me some popcorn and watch the rest of the show then!

Former USN Avionics Tech

VF-41 86-90, 93-95

VF-101 90-93

Heatblur Tomcat SME

I9-9900K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra | 32GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | RTX 2070 Super | TM Throttle | VPC Warbird Base TM F-18 Stick

I think "Participation Trophies" is what started this mindset.

Either way, keep your chin up because the next module may come with girlfriends. :drunk:

i7-8700K / 64GB RAM / ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti / (Win 10 Pro) / Oculus Rift S