Looking for some more BuDs (BUsy DadS) to fly and chat with?

GTFreeFlyer

Sorry for posting here but tried to send a PM to GTFreeFlyer and it seems it didn't work as my browser crashed every time I tried to send one and my sent box is still empty. Apologize if they went through and I'm bombing you with PMs (4) and this post - wasn't my intention.

Being a BuD located in the middle of Europe I'd be really happy to join your community, as it's a little bit odd just flyin on my own. Would be great to be part of a community where it's possible to discuss all kind of topics and support each other without having fixed slots where you must be online - just doesn't work for me.

Main modules for the moment are the F-14 and Huey but love to fly the Spitfire as well (still have some "issues" when it comes to land) Looking Forward to hear from you if you still have some open positions within your group.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for posting here but tried to send a PM to GTFreeFlyer and it seems it didn't work as my browser crashed every time I tried to send one and my sent box is still empty. Apologize if they went through and I'm bombing you with PMs (4) and this post - wasn't my intention.

Being a BuD located in the middle of Europe I'd be really happy to join your community, as it's a little bit odd just flyin on my own. Would be great to be part of a community where it's possible to discuss all kind of topics and support each other without having fixed slots where you must be online - just doesn't work for me.

Main modules for the moment are the F-14 and Huey but love to fly the Spitfire as well (still have some "issues" when it comes to land) Looking Forward to hear from you if you still have some open positions within your group.

PM coming, D0rmicum!

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What's the link to your guys discord?

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

Would you accept a busy granddad? I still have a full time job. My son has just been accepted into the RAAF and he and I are getting into DCS. He is in Australia and I am mostly in the UK with stints back home in Aus.

Edited by Snowy55

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

Would you accept a busy granddad? I still have a full time job. My son has just been accepted into the RAAF as a ground defence officer and he and I are getting into DCS. He is in Australia and I am mostly in the UK with stints back home in Aus.

We have many busy grandads! Shoot me a PM.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Thanks GTFreeFlyer, PM sent.

Rig: RTX 4080, 11th Gen Intel Core i7 11700K, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 3xSSD Drives, TM F/A18 Grip on Virpil WarBrd base, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, VKB-Sim T Rudder Pedals MkIV, Virpil MongoosT-50CM throttle, Varjo Aero.

Busy dad, older gent (early 50's) here. Interested. Prior navy (A-7 and F/A-18 aircraft electrician). Are you still accepting new members?

Yup. I’ll contact you.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I would like to join from Turkey

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi, just seen this thread, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I was part of TAW but couldn't commit every week and decided it was better to leave. If you are still accepting new members, let me know. I'm the wrong side of 50, am an ex RAF aircraft engineer (Tornado GR1, Jaguar and VC10) and have been in and out of DCS since 2008. I'm also up for hosting a European server if you need one...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4

To all the guys who just replied in the past few hours, as stated in the original post,

“If this sounds like the MP experience you’re looking for, shoot me a PM and introduce yourself and I’ll get you into the group from there. The server is not public. Please let me know which city you’re in and I’ll introduce you to the BuDs.”

It’s easier for me to track who is who and get you in. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BuDs is thriving well. There are probably more than half-dozen of you that I responded to and haven’t heard back. No problem if you are no longer interested, but just thought I would throw it out there in case my message never made it out to you. Just a reminder to PM me if you are interested, rather than mentioning it in this thread. It’s easier for me to track and respond to you. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Have PMed you yesterday GTFreeFlyer. I'm interested.

If he doesn't get back to you, let me know (I know he is busy right now in RL). I can help you out as well. :thumbup:

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]