Mavericks AGM 65 on the F 14

faviou2

Hi good morning everyone, i´m trying to edit the lua files but i can´t find the right lines or comands of adding the agm 65 to the weapons file of the f 14 folder,

anyone can please tell me if its posible or its a not posible mod,

or can tell me how to make it work!

i want to do some test if we can carrie some Maverick on this machine!

would be amazing to have it on our loadout!

thanks in advance!

I think that this is the "mod" section buddy. Thanks

Still not gonna happen, there's no cockpit interface coded for it...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

yea you would at least need the cockpit/aircraft interface to slew and lock the seeker and send the needed info to the missile for it to fire. you would likely have to code an entire external control system and interface which would likely be a TON of work, if its even possible.

im sure with enough modification you could get the missile attached to the wing.. but getting it to any thing more than a cosmetic mod i thought would be VERY difficult if its even possible.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Good luck doing that. F-14B systems and avionics are encrypted.

rJHUd6l.png

You dont need to keep telling people that Official Modules are Encrypted and compiled, everyone knows.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

thanks for your time sir!! it was just an idea, i thougth that it was workeable with the Lantirn..

You could try the laser maverick, but you may run into issues with laser codes amd such.

• 2 weeks later...
In speed and angels one of the nuggets talks about firing a mavrerick on a target in Iraq...

He's lazing a Maverick fired from a Hornet.

Correct, AGM 65 was never launched from a Tomcat, Even in Testing Sqns.

They Buddy Lazed for F/A-18 in Iraq, nothing more.

• 2 months later...

So far I've managed to equip laser mavs on the A-10A.

I went to Gamedir\Scripts\Database\planes, and edited A-10A.lua

I added the following code in lines 154 and 314 (ie the tables for the maverick-compatible pylons):

{ CLSID = "{F16A4DE0-116C-4A71-97F0-2CF85B0313EC}" }, [color="blue"]-- LAU-117 AGM-65E[/color]

The problem, of course, is that DCS freaks out and crashes when I select the AGM-65Es while in AG mode.

My goal is to simply have them available for buddy lasing (Drone/JTAC units will take care of it), so I don't need an interface, just a way for the mavs to follow the lasing spots.

Any ideas? Maybe I could use the interface of another A-10A weapon? (In case an interface is required)

Edited by Hardcard

Right...since having the A-10A use a slightly different kind of maverick (which only needs to be programmed to lock on a specific JTAC lasing frequency) is as outlandish as having it behave like a Harrier...

In any case, this is the mod section, if you don't approve of people messing with things, I don't even know what you're doing here, tbh.

Edited by Hardcard

Ignore the flaming fanboys, Hardcard. This is why people from Steam don't like visiting our forums.

Really, all you have to do, from my experience, is enable the AI to carry whatever you want, using the CLSID trick. I guess the problem would be, getting them to use that exact weapon. Don't know how you would do that.

For instance, I can equip R-73's on my Ka-50 AI wingman, and he will use them to attack fighters coming at us. If I tell him to engage bogies, he will use them, even though he doesn't have the instruments to do so.

Fun to watch.

Edited by 3WA