Advanced Dynamic Weather

Hello folks

I've been working with the dynamic weather to explore possibilities. And if i've been able to control pretty much all the aspect i wanted still some point that i didn't understood. I was wondering if it was linked to the fact that the current system doesn't allow them or if i do it wrong.

I can produce more or less cloud, with different density, or by creating very low pressure zones inside an already low one, even building cyclone. Choosing between rain and snow regarding the temperature. I could pretty much the same with conflict between h and l zones.

But i still didn't managed to affect the cloud altitude and thickness. Neither creating overcast and storm cells with lightning. None the pressure and temperature or building cells conflict worked.

Is it currently possible do to ? If yes how ?

Thanks guys,

Have a nice day !

Edited by Pâte

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... But i still didn't managed to affect the cloud altitude and thickness. ...

Is it currently possible do to ? If yes how ?

I dont know the answer, I wanted to share this little known Guide to this feature of DCS, maybe you already know all of the info it contains, but just in case.

If you develop an interesting weather config, please share to try it out :)

Thanks,

Eduardo

DCS Dynamic Weather v1 (by Yakbeard).pdf

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've played around for ages with this, trying to get somewhere like most others have. At this point everything points to dynamic weather being a half arsed, half implemented system, which never worked as intended and was therefor dropped a long time ago by ED.

Dynamic weather is great except you will eventually encounter the flickering water bug with it which renders it unusable. Its been mentioned on the forums by myself and many others over the past several months but no response from ED.

Shame really since in my testing dynamic weather performs better than static weather.

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

It's been one of my pet-peeves with DCS:World. It's easy to start complaining about this while there are so many other things that need to be taken care of. There's only so much time and resources available to get it all done.

No proper weather modelling in a simulator is like having an airplane but no air to fly it in. Getting back in 100m visibility adds a whole new level of excitement to the mission. The current clouds don't cut it and the fog/haze is just so-so. It looks too artificial and that's why I always fly on clear summer days. What a waste as the mission could be much more atmospheric (pun intended). It becomes a lot more fun... well... for me at least.

An update on where the "new clouds" sit on the development roadmap would be appreciated.

DCSW is amazing and is becoming better all the time. I just hope they'd give this feature a little more priority as it currently seems to be lacking attention.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

In a recent podcast with Wags he did mention the weather. They are working on a humidity engine, and when that is in place, the will work on clouds systems on top of that. Humididty will then affect vapes, shock cones etc.

He did not give a timeline. Indeed it was one of my most sorely missed items on the 2019 roadmap.

At this point, I wish for a new weather and cloud engine more than any other map or module. I would not expect it anytime soon though. ED market features months in advance and this has barely been mentioned (Like dynamic campaign, which still seems years away).

I would not expect a new system implemented in the next couple of years (But that is just me).

In a recent podcast with Wags he did mention the weather. They are working on a humidity engine, and when that is in place, the will work on clouds systems on top of that. Humididty will then affect vapes, shock cones etc.

He did not give a timeline. Indeed it was one of my most sorely missed items on the 2019 roadmap.

At this point, I wish for a new weather and cloud engine more than any other map or module. I would not expect it anytime soon though. ED market features months in advance and this has barely been mentioned (Like dynamic campaign, which still seems years away).

I would not expect a new system implemented in the next couple of years (But that is just me).

I agree at 200% .

After a looonnng period of test i think i can assure that it's impossible to have an overcast and storm :noexpression:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree at 200% .

After a looonnng period of test i think i can assure that it's impossible to have an overcast and storm :noexpression:

It used to be very possible. The new clouds changed all that. Here's the same track using one dynamic weather pattern I had created replayed in the old world (DCS V1.5.8 ) and the new world (DCS V2.5):

The rain and wind are the same. It's the clouds that are different. (The mesh in V2.5 was also changed in this region.)

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.