TDC Slew

Swift.

I am just searching that what is fix, so looks like nothing.

Annoying as for very long time it has been impossible use the axis for TDC.

[*]I need to move TDC to get it locked

[*]While moving TDC it randomly jumps ARBS lock to the position of flight path indicator where ever it is, without unlocking it first.

[*]Moving is very jerky, most often doesn't move at all, sometimes normally./LIST]

Most often what happens is that it just jumps and that it can't be moved.

Only way to use it is use a digital buttons to slave it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

One thing I can say about this, which I don't think has already been said, if you use the TM Warthog Throttle Slew "Stick" to slew a waypoint (waypoint select -> EHDS -> DATA -> SSS-FWD (INS) -> TDS-Slew) it works perfectly. So I'm sure it can be made to work just as well for actual TDC. Looking forward to that :smilewink:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

What is the expected behavior after fix for mini-stick control?

Is it just two-speed (faster when holding down TDC), or does it have a speed control like now?

As with mini-stick one can now do very slow movements or very fast ones depending the input and it is little conflict to original behavior...

When slewing a waypoint, the further you move the stick from center the faster the slew moves. So holding the stick toward and edge moves quickly, but just small movement near the center makes only small adjustments.

This is exactly how I would expect it to work, not only by moving a waypoint, but also by slewing DTM, TPOD, TV, everything really.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

+1

Extremely annoying that you can’t slew the TPod or anything sensor related with the Axis without having these issues. The Harrier is no option for me right now because of this.

Though I would really like to use it, since I already bought it.

I mean it is really fun to fly, but buddy-, or selflasing or even adjusting the Mavs is just a pain in the ***

Please fix this!

One thing I can say about this, which I don't think has already been said, if you use the TM Warthog Throttle Slew "Stick" to slew a waypoint (waypoint select -> EHDS -> DATA -> SSS-FWD (INS) -> TDS-Slew) it works perfectly. So I'm sure it can be made to work just as well for actual TDC. Looking forward to that :smilewink:

That's interesting. Never tried to do that. And yeah if it works there it should be fixable for the TDC, though the mini stick on the warthog sucks in most planes to some degree. I use the side 4 way switch for my TDC.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

;)

That's interesting. Never tried to do that. And yeah if it works there it should be fixable for the TDC, though the mini stick on the warthog sucks in most planes to some degree. I use the side 4 way switch for my TDC.

Yet another warthog slew upgrade :music_whistling: ..... :D

Besides the upgrade, I can heartily recommend putting a dab of hot-glue on then end of the slew button; gives it a nice, grippy texture and a tiny but of extra length

Edited by Captain Orso

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

;)

Yet another warthog slew upgrade :music_whistling: ..... :D

Besides the upgrade, I can heartily recommend putting a dab of hot-glue on then end of the slew button; gives it a nice, grippy texture and a tiny but of extra length

I'm on the list to get one. Just hasn't shown up yet, there is quite the backlog.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

When slewing a waypoint, the further you move the stick from center the faster the slew moves. So holding the stick toward and edge moves quickly, but just small movement near the center makes only small adjustments.

This is exactly how I would expect it to work, not only by moving a waypoint, but also by slewing DTM, TPOD, TV, everything really.

I would expect that, but in the manual on the release it was stated that the TDC was two-mode, default was slow movement for easy and accurate positioning, and then when holding TDC down and moving TDC you can get it move quickly around.

That is what means that one can't have a axis with acceleration feature, so small adjustment done with small movement and big adjustment with big movement.

I would expect that, but in the manual on the release it was stated that the TDC was two-mode, default was slow movement for easy and accurate positioning, and then when holding TDC down and moving TDC you can get it move quickly around.

That is what means that one can't have a axis with acceleration feature, so small adjustment done with small movement and big adjustment with big movement.

I don't really care what someone wrote into the pocket guide, or anywhere else for that matter. That description would be fine for HOTAS controls that are basically 4 buttons being activated in turn by a lever.

If however you use an analog input it should work like an analog input.

Otherwise it would be like telling throttle owners that moving their throttle lever only moves the in-cockpit throttle lever at a fixed speed determined by a modifiers :doh: No, that's just too dumb to think about.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...