Attention WAGGS, ED, and friends.

cool_t

Attention WAGGS, ED, and friends.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Attention WAGGS, ED, and friends.

• yes
    • no

As of late I have found my self instructing "New Pilots" on flight systems, Hyper-Lobby, IFF, and key commands.

To tell you the truth I enjoy giving a helping hand where and whenever it is needed.

But, I would like to propose that you guys make a LOCKED THREAD and a live section for the new pilots. Where the new pilots can recieve writin or talk to a real person about the basics of LOMAC and Hyper-lobby.

Im sure that some of the new pilots get very frustrated when they can not recieve help, which inturn might turn new customers away. Yes we do have a comunity here but as far as a "help section" a new pilot needs to start a thread and then hope that some one replies in a fast manner. If I run into a new pilot in any server I will do the best I can to help them.

There could also be a "LIVE" teamspeak room or a "LIVE" chat room for the new pilots to get "LIVE" help or to ask questons. Also it will give the whole comunity to get to know eachother more formaliy.

I think its a great idea and would put a live face to LOMAC. I can bet that there are a good handfull of people that would volentier there time when they are just sitting arround like I am right now.

With all of the competition out there some ideas are like finding that needle in the hay stack.

:thumbup:

T

• Like 2

I agree with you cool_t. I have been playing single player for almost 3 years now and it got really boring. I figured I would never be able to keep up with the environment online.

I actually broke the ice only 2 days ago and went online seriously to fly. It was the most exillerating time in my Lockon career.

I still have many questions, and it would be cool to have something like what you mention not only for us noobs, but also for anyone whom wants a quick question answered fast.

I see a lot of posts on this double and triple threads in this forum over just a few weeks!

Im with you to. We actually found out how to get on hyper lobby together lol!

And another thing can someone create a map where there are missions are a objective, because its fun flying online but its like counter strike lol! Can we start making different types of maps where there are objective and the other side has to stop us from getting our objective. I know its off the topic but how about a capture the flag style of multiplayer. Where one person can control ground units and capture cities and each side has to destroy the units but the ground movers need air cover to do it. Now that would make me lose my social life

Well ED is probably not going to set up a live help because a.) they are already short-handed with people, i think there was no more than around 30 people on the team? b.) Most of them are russian, of course some do speak english, but nevertheless there will be some language barrier. c.) hiring new people to do this will cost quite a bit.

So if anyone plans to do something about this, it has to be done through the community (ie squadrons). They should do what is commonly done over at the falcon 4.0 world. A bunch of noobs would come in, they sign up for a squadron and each one get their teamspeak ready. And the sqaudron would announce a time where they all could sign on and teaches the basics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

having 24/7 live person to talk to is simply not reasonable... a thread with nice description of IFF and how online play works would be very reasonable... if people come online just to kill (who ever) and start TK-ing... no amount of instructions will help. Only if people really wanna learn can they get help in such way.

No longer active in DCS...

Im sure ANY of the Squadrons would welcome new pilots to Lock on, I know the guys at the 77th welcomed me and flew with me a few times before I pledged to them...

I'm sure the same could be said for 3Sqn, 159th, 169th, =RVE=, etc. There are a hell of a lot of friendly guys out there when you talk to them 1 on 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As (504)smudge rightly said - Squad is the very best place to learn......A Structured Training Roster is provided starting from finding your Airframe in the Hardened Shelters to Advanced Combat Training to Navigating to the Pub afterwards on Landing and enjoying a Cold One.......Most days the Squad Forums are one long slow chat in any event, so an excellent sense of Cameraderie and your questions never remain unanswered for long;)

From a personal point-of-view was also hesitant to take that first step.......If I knew then what I know now I would not even have bothered with all the months of Single-Player simulation.

...And another thing can someone create a map where there are missions are a objective, because its fun flying online but its like counter strike lol! Can we start making different types of maps where there are objective and the other side has to stop us from getting our objective. I know its off the topic but how about a capture the flag style of multiplayer. Where one person can control ground units and capture cities and each side has to destroy the units but the ground movers need air cover to do it. Now that would make me lose my social life

You have just described LOCERF - No Respawn with all the above: Trust Me - As real as it gets :thumbup:

Squad Operational and Training Flights are also structured and unlike "counter-strike", to coin your phrase.......Nay Bother - with a careful bit 'o planning, you might just be able to hold onto your social life.......:)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well,

Not 24/7 but like when we are loged in here we can just go to a chat room.

But first and foremost the room is structured for "live" conversations with team speak or just plane old typing.

Well for instance im at my girlfriends house right now and my F-15c is at my home. But I can still network with all of my online buds here and now.

T