[NO BUG] Few amateurish Tomcat questions

jurinko

1- How do I set the cannon in A2G mode to be aimed by radar? In the training mission it is automatically so from the beginning, but from cold start it is in manual mode, aiming well for some shorter distance but way off for higher ones.

Manual says RIO sets the gun to WCS controlled mode by a switch, how can instruct him to do so as a pilot?

2 - I take Rockeyes and Mk80s. I throw Rockeyes in CCIP mode no problem, then switch to Mk80s and got no pipper in the bombing line. I set everything via RIO menu - select Mk80s, 500 ms, fuse nose/tail, pilot computer mode (CCIP).

3 - How do I jettison empty Zuni tubes? I select the stations, ask RIO to jettison ordnance, he confirms and nothing happens.

4 - In a custom mission, time ripple interval works ok, but when trying to select 200 m ripple distance, RIO says unable. But it works in CCIP training mission.

5 - Where are the buttons to shift the diamond up/down/confirm for CCRP bombing mode? They are somewhere on a left side of cockpit, do you map them on a throttle?

6 - How to switch between RIO and pilot?

thanks!

Edited by IronMike

1- How do I set the cannon in A2G mode to be aimed by radar? In the training mission it is automatically so from the beginning, but from cold start it is in manual mode, aiming well for some shorter distance but way off for higher ones.

Manual says RIO sets the gun to WCS controlled mode by a switch, how can instruct him to do so as a pilot?

2 - I take Rockeyes and Mk80s. I throw Rockeyes in CCIP mode no problem, then switch to Mk80s and got no pipper in the bombing line. I set everything via RIO menu - select Mk80s, 500 ms, fuse nose/tail, pilot computer mode (CCIP).

3 - How do I jettison empty Zuni tubes? I select the stations, ask RIO to jettison ordnance, he confirms and nothing happens.

4 - In a custom mission, time ripple interval works ok, but when trying to select 200 m ripple distance, RIO says unable. But it works in CCIP training mission.

5 - Where are the buttons to shift the diamond up/down/confirm for CCRP bombing mode? They are somewhere on a left side of cockpit, do you map them on a throttle?

6 - How to switch between RIO and pilot?

thanks!

4- use ms intervals instead, you are too slow, too low or something. In the real aircraft the RIO has a chart to calculate the interval in seconds to achieve the desired spacing in feet/meters. Jester calculates the interval and cannot set the required ms to achieve 200m.

5- VSL HI and VSL LO ACM-modes

6- 1 and 2 on the keyboard ( not numpad). This is only available in Singleplayer.

For the rest: http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/index.html

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

2. Maybe try cycling master arm again? There are some invalid loadouts.

3. You can use jett on left side by Landing Gear handle.

4. Jester when you ask to drop over distance is doing a time calculation as theres no setting for distance in the F14. I think if you are to slow or to fast and he cant set the time interval properly he can't do it.

5. You use the Radar ACM modes switch VSL etc.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog