Early Access has Bugs

RagnarBSE

Hey ED, I'm David from customer "dynamics", :) (like wags)

it's a very pleasure play to your game, I appreciate that is free to download and play, but is also so frustrating that we can buy a module like f18, we pay money and after each update we have some bugs on things that works well in previous release. For example:

INS allignement

SA page

Refueling

TDC Slew on mavericks that jumps

and more...

Please ED, i like your game and your community, i'am your supporter but do you know a way to prevent this situations? for example, can you double check after a release at least previous bus are finally fixed?

It's not a controversy, it's just suggestions :), have a great day

See you ;)

D

Please ED, i like your game and your community, i'am your supporter but do you know a way to prevent this situations? for example, can you double check after a release at least previous bus are finally fixed?

It's almost as if this still is a beta product in active development...

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

it's a very pleasure play to your game, I appreciate that is free to download and play, but is also so frustrating that we can buy a module like f18, we pay money and after each update we have some bugs on things that works well in previous release. For example:

INS allignement

SA page

Refueling

and more...

See you ;)

D

Perhaps not buying an early access module would be a good idea for you. This stuff happens in early access. You could also just wait until the plane is fully completed then hopefully it will be nearly bug free.

You do understand that you also play the "open beta" version of an Early Access product?

If you stick to the "stable version" you will get exactly what you ask here for.

Really do not understand where you are coming from, with this?

You know, not a controversy, only a suggestion for more reasonable forum posts

You do understand that you also play the "open beta" version of an Early Access product?

If you stick to the "stable version" you will get exactly what you ask here for.

Really do not understand where you are coming from, with this?

You know, not a controversy, only a suggestion for more reasonable forum posts

What they mean is that the F-18 is a work in progress, if you don't want bugs or incomplete features you'll need to wait until the module is marked as completed.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Just switch to the stable version and you should be good.

Not really. My understanding and experience is that the beta is promoted to stable every few weeks, assuming there are not any bugs that prevent DCS working for all modules. If just a single module is broken, they will often still push it to stable anyway.

Our squadron used to run stable, hoping we'd see less bugs. In practice we found it made no real difference as ED would happily promote builds to stable even if the Hornet had game breaking bugs in it.

It is kind of frustrating at times that the Hornet is so unstable and features break so often. On the flip side, it is still in "beta" and so this is kind of what you are signing up for.

Edited by Tomsk

I can only imagine the developer's meeting after they read this thread... (prepare for immense sarcasm)

"So there's been a suggestion on the forums, and I can't believe we hadn't thought of this before... it's pretty revolutionary, maybe a bit controversial. But - what if... what if we didn't have bugs in our Open Beta Early Access releases? Crazy! I know! But maybe it's something we, with all our experience and expertise in this field, should have thought of before."

It is staggering that this thread is not a troll post given the incredible, provocatively obvious nature of the title.

I sometimes wonder what resources people think ED realistically have available to them... some of the expectations are just a bit over the top.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I can only imagine the developer's meeting after they read this thread... (prepare for immense sarcasm)

"So there's been a suggestion on the forums, and I can't believe we hadn't thought of this before... it's pretty revolutionary, maybe a bit controversial. But - what if... what if we didn't have bugs in our Open Beta Early Access releases? Crazy! I know! But maybe it's something we, with all our experience and expertise in this field, should have thought of before."

It is staggering that this thread is not a troll post given the incredible, provocatively obvious nature of the title.

I sometimes wonder what resources people think ED realistically have available to them... some of the expectations are just a bit over the top.

+1

Yes is a choice ;) I understand that is Early Access, it was only a suggestion for make e better service to customer.

See you

You're right ! One could improve the progress in the development of the modules.

Quality looks different.:smilewink:

i9-11900K, alle Kerne 5100 MHz  –  Asus ROG Maximus XIII Extreme – 64 GB DDR4 3733 MHz Cl17 – NVIDIA Rtx Asus Strix Oc 2080 super (4090 später 🕹️) – Hotas Warthog mit Drossel – Vpc Mongoos T50CM2 & Vpc 200 mm Verlängerung – Vpc ACE Sammlung Pedale -Trackir5

Yes is a choice ;) I understand that is Early Access, it was only a suggestion for make e better service to customer.

See you

Thank you for your suggestion, it is a great idea! I hope ED will listen to you and remove all the bugs with the next patch!

:thumbup:

INS allignement

SA page

Refueling

and more...

See you ;)

D

Early access is a beta program and the payment from us is an investment into the program. We are paying beta testers.

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

+1

AMD FX-8350

PALLIT GeForce GTX 1080 [ NVIDIA]

CRUCIAL MX500 1TB SDD

DELL P4317Q 43"

TRACK IR

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Viacom VoiceAttack

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

INS allignement

SA page

Refueling

and more...

See you ;)

D

As it has been explained to me, when adding or changing code written for a program you are pushing other code around to make room and the result can be what's called a bulge in the code. It is very difficult to predict not if but where this bulge will occur. The 2 feet forward 1 foot back is par for the course. I know it's frustrating but understanding it a little better helped me find the patience.

Why is this thread a thing?

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

:megalol:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Why is this thread a thing?
+100000000 Please make it stop, moderators? Help

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf