Some profane questions

I play Lomac for years, but as I never played it online I never asked the following questions before - I guess you can answer them quite easily:

1.) What's the difference between Power and Thrust (Up/Down)

2.) Are the "Auto-Lock nearest ..., center ...," etc. real functions which are also available in reality and how can I use them? Especially the "Select next" and "Select previous" - are they always available?

3.) What are the following points (to which planes do they apply)

"Laser Ranger"

"IR Jamming"

Change "Target Specified Size"

"Change RP(Repeat)F"

"Power Switch"

"Launch-Perm OR"

4.) What is the difference between the Autopilot-Functions like "Toggle AP" and the others like "Disengage AP"

:)

:)profound questions I hope

Several keys have been added in FC to accomodate the 25T even though some just duplicate a command

1.AFAIK Power up/down is the same as thrust up/down

2.No idea never used

3.Laser Ranger - laser targeter

IR Jamming - jammer of IR's (on the 25T's tail)

Target Specified size - size of target 'specified' (TV)

Power Switch - switch of power

( All for Su-25 )

Change RP(Repeat)F

Launch-Perm OR - Override launches with your permission

( Both for all a/c )

4. The autopilot suite has been added for FC instead of the original Toggle button there are now several choices of AP for the 25T.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

lol, frostie - well, nice try but .. hehe ... only half of your post acutally helped me ;) :P

So... 2.) - that's ok. I'll look the Su up in the ref if I find some time - until i only fly the eagle and the thunderbolt anyway. For "change rpf" and lpo: why should someone have a low rpf? why changing it - can you please explain me how - and especially WHEN - to use that. i have NO idea :).

and with regards to the lpo: when will you need it? I've never been forbidden to fire off a weapon.

thanks for your help

....For "change rpf" and lpo: why should someone have a low rpf? why changing it - can you please explain me how - and especially WHEN - to use that. i have NO idea :).

and with regards to the lpo: when will you need it? I've never been forbidden to fire off a weapon.

thanks for your help

RWS Mode Filter (Shift-R) removes all emitters operating in Acquisition Mode - Useful when operating in a Complex Threat Environment, ie when the RWR is driving you nuts.......

Should the Launch Parameters for specific weapons/Ordinance not be satisfied due to Altitude/Attitude/Range etc etc you will not be able to obtain LA, enabling you to Launch/Fire the selected ordinance - can be overridden by utilizing the "Launch-Override" Command (Alt-W)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

...For "change rpf" and lpo: why should someone have a low rpf? why changing it - can you please explain me how - and especially WHEN - to use that. i have NO idea ...

PRF: Pulse Repetition Frequency. By default, the system is set to average. That is, the system alternates between "high" and "low" frequency pulses. A high pulse frequency allows you to see approaching targets at a greater range. A low PRF allows you to see receeding targets at a greater range. So when the system alternates between them, you don't have to worry about the target's angle. But you also won't see them as soon as you would if you were using the appropriate pure PRF. For example, if you know that you want to track an approaching target, you will see it at greater range with a 'high' PRF than you would with either 'average' or 'low' PRF. At the same time, if you are using 'high' PRF and the target is receeding, you will have to be closer to see it than you would need to be in either 'average' or 'low'.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

PRF: Pulse Repetition Frequency. By default, the system is set to average. That is, the system alternates between "high" and "low" frequency pulses. A high pulse frequency allows you to see approaching targets at a greater range. A low PRF allows you to see receeding targets at a greater range. So when the system alternates between them, you don't have to worry about the target's angle. But you also won't see them as soon as you would if you were using the appropriate pure PRF. For example, if you know that you want to track an approaching target, you will see it at greater range with a 'high' PRF than you would with either 'average' or 'low' PRF. At the same time, if you are using 'high' PRF and the target is receeding, you will have to be closer to see it than you would need to be in either 'average' or 'low'.

Rich

Great. That's right the information I was after. Where did you get your knowledge from? :)

Actually, 3 PRF modes are high, medium and interleaved.

Detection ranges against approaching fighter aircrafts at same or higher altitude;

Su-27/33 radar: @High 120km, @Interleaved 90km, @Medium 60km

MiG-29 radar: @High 78km, @Interleaved 59km, @Medium 39km

Detection ranges against receding fighter aircrafts at same or higher altitude;

Su-27/33 radar: @High 20km, @Interleaved 30km, @Medium 40km

MiG-29 radar: @High 13km, @Interleaved 20km, @Medium 26km

Ranges will be 66% of above values against targets at lower altitude.

Ranges will be 60% when you are at altitude of 800m or below.

Ranges will be doubled against larger airacrafts (cargo, awacs, tankers etc.).

Ranges will be 20% against stealth F-117.

F-15 has no PRF mode in LockOn. Its detection ranges are same as 'high' mode of Su-27/33 against approaching targets and 'medium' mode against receding targets.

TekaTeka from Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Visit my site Beyond Visual Range.

Adding to what Rich said,

The change between Pulse Repetition Frequencies represents switching between radar search modes - for the Russian radars these are:

Encounter: provides longest detection range against head-on targets, but cannot be used against receeding targets(won't see them at all).

Pursuit: as the name suggests, it is optimised for detecting receeding targets - it can also detect head-on ones but only at very close range.

Automatic: this is the "default" mode, which combines the two above , but as it is a compromise, it has shorter detection range than "Encounter" against head-on targets and is less effective against receeding ones than "Pursuit" mode......but nevertheless provides good overall detection capabilities without the need to switch between the two first mentioned modes when the tactical situation changes.

JJ

...Where did you get your knowledge from?...

Ummm.....the manual? Actually, I think it's in there somewhere. But I also do a lot of reading, so I'm not sure where I got it from.

...interleaved...

Thanks. I knew 'average' wasn't the right term but couldn't think of what it was. I'm at work right now and customers keep interrupting. Makes it difficult to think. :)

Alpha,

Your explanation was a lot clearer than mine. Thanks.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Great. That's right the information I was after. Where did you get your knowledge from? :)

Just click on his sig ;) You will not need to create such thread for long time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least