SEA EAGLE II - Official Thread - A-4 vs. F-14 Campaign

This is the official download thread for the Sea Eagle II Campaign. All missions will be posted here along with any updates to the files.

About Sea Eagle II: Sea Eagle II is a fictional exercise for the Navy conducted on the Nellis range. Instructors fly the A-4, F-5, and the F-18, and possibly other aircraft as "adversaries" against students in the F-14.

In this campaign, the instructors and students will face off over the fictional nation of "Desertistan" across 10 single-player missions.

These missions are created so players can fly any position on either side as a complete single-player experience. However, both sides have recommended slots to play (RED = Snowman, BLUE = Iceman). Players can also set aircraft to "client" and fly these missions multiplayer.

The only thing the missions lack are voiceovers, but radio items provide all the information and flavor you need, and display with a short audible cue, so you do not miss anything important.

All missions were tested using Oculus Rift.

There are older versions of the first two missions out there, but I have overhauled them substantially. This thread is an attempt to organize everything into one, official place. If you have an older version, please update it for the best experience.

Questions, comments, critiques, help, and special requests are ALL WELCOME. I do not claim to be perfect, or that I am at Baltic Dragon level, but I am learning and I feel these missions are fun and worth sharing. I hope you enjoy flying them as much as I have.

In plan to release a new mission every several days or so, at least 1-2 per week, up to the specified ten. I have mapped out 1-4, and built 1-2 as of this moment. 3 is in the works.

REQUIRED ASSETS:

- Nevada Map

- F-14 by Heatblur

- A4 freeware mod, see: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=224989

OPTIONAL ASSETS:

- Soundtrack to "Top Gun," although the included music by Meteor is awesome!

- Leather Jacket

- Aviator shades

- Divorce attorney

- Hot blonde civilian

MISSION LIST:

M01 - Desertistan Welcome (v2.2a)

M02 - Keeping up Relations (v2.1a)

M03 - Angry Sun (v2.0a)

M04 - Flight from Desertistan (unreleased)

Edited by TheHighwayman

M01 - Desertistan Welcome - Ideal for either single-player, either side, or miltiplayer! (Some light editing may be required, MP = set desired aircraft to client, SP = set desired aircraft to player.)

- Players are introduced to Sea Eagle II, and to "Desertistan" and the situation on the ground.

- Players will work to maintain a UN No-Fly Zone, or to threaten it...

- Both sides have a "secret objective" that will challenge them.

- Ideally, this mission ends without anyone shooting...that can't be fun, can it be? But how skillfully you play it will determine if you keep the peace, or start a war.

- Recommend you fly as "Snowman" (RED) or "Iceman" (BLUE).

Sea Eagle II - M01 - Desertistan Welcomev2.2a.miz

Edited by TheHighwayman

M02 - Keeping Up Relations - Ideal for either single-player, either side, or miltiplayer! (Some light editing may be required, MP = set desired aircraft to client, SP = set desired aircraft to player.)

- Players enforce the UN No-Fly Zone, or challenge it.

- Both sides have a secret objective that will challenge them.

- Ideally, this mission has no shooting either, but with both sides flying in the same airspace, there will be plenty of opportunity to "keep up relations."

- Desertistan is flying the a couple of the new "MiG 28," so watch out!

- Recommend you fly as "Snowman" (RED) or "Iceman" (BLUE).

Sea Eagle II - M02 - Keeping Up Relationsv2.1a.miz

Edited by TheHighwayman

M03 - Angry Sun - Ideal for either single-player, either side, or multiplayer! (Some light editing may be required, MP = set desired aircraft to client, SP = set desired aircraft to player.)

- Desetistan has expressed anger over alleged intrusions into their airspace. Do they dare challenge American airpower?

- This mission has some solid action, especially in multiplayer.

- Best played as "Iceman" in single-player.

NOTE: This mission is a BETA release. It has not been tested as extensively as the previous two. Please report anything that seems broken. However, it should be fine, and is entirely playable. At most, it could use one or two additional end mission triggers is all.

Sea Eagle II - M03 - Angry Sun2.0a.miz

Edited by TheHighwayman

M04 - Flight from Desertstan - Ideal for either single-player, either side, or multiplayer! (Some light editing may be required, MP = set desired aircraft to client, SP = set desired aircraft to player.)

- Desertistan must prepare for the inevitable American retaliation.

- The Americans face a new, pressing problem.

Coming Soon!