HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

6KP43EA#ABB :D

Thanks mate

Is one better than the other?

In theory, as boedha68 says, one should be the consumer version, the other the Pro. BUT, go to the italian HP store, and you'll see the consumer version (if 2CZ77EA#ABB is indeed the consumer ver.) priced way higher than the German one, which is is weird. Also, the German one uses the pictures from the old WMR set, while the italian looks like the proper Reverb.. And on the italian both are present, with correct codes and pictures, with the Pro named "HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition" (6KP43EA#ABB) @640€, and the other named "HP Reverb VR 1000-200nn" ( 2CZ77EA#ABB) @599€.

Anyway, I'll stop with the speculations, and wait for it to come and see what I got. Honestly, seeing the prices in the countries where it is available so far, 499 sounds too good to be true. Plus, on the german store the difference between the Pro and the 2CZ77EA#ABB is almost 200€, way too large :dontgetit:

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Are there more than one version of this headset? A normal and a pro edition? Or are all the same?

On here: https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/hp-reverb-vr1000-200nn-vr-brille-11054308?supplier=406802&tagIds=76

it's not clarified if its "pro" or not

Thanks

Definitely is this the consumerversion. It should be E 600,00 and not E 650,00

Article number is different then mine: 2CZ77EA#ABB :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Definitely is this the consumerversion. It should be E 600,00 and not E 650,00

Well it's a shop from switzerland, so it's swiss Francs nor Euros. But thank you anyway!

I have another question, does this headset requires any sensors that you put on the table for headtracking? Like the Rift? I didn't see any?

Thank you!

Edited by memoric

Thanks for review of your missus.

You are welcome. Hope you enjoyed married life vicariously. :lol:

Actually the post was to put to bed once and for all that somehow the presently released headset was not the genuine Reverb Pro.

It is.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

@gizzy - just curious, why no steamvr motionvector reprojection?

LOL - I'm a steam virgin, never heard of it, ha ha, just threw it together and flew - and been so for the last 2 hours.... more than happy... but I'll look in the ....reprojection ...thing :)

Kind Regards
Chris
892NAS (F18C), 1FTS(Rotary Wing), 19SQN(WW2 Warbirds)
RAFAIR UK

Enjoy it! Looking forward to some reviews. I hope it's only about an 8 day wait for me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ok, so:

- what about ghosting effects? Did You see double targets (fast moving targets)?

- how HUD looks?

- did You notice any artefacts?

- how prop with engine on looks here from pilot view

- did You notice and dissection / Tearing of picture (with prop modules, like P-51 ect)

- did You check Reverb with IL-2 BoX or P3D also?

- does the gunsight look ok?

Or how about the big question for maybe 50% of the user demographic of DCS....

Can I wear glasses in the Reverb?.......

the rest of your post is just envious bollocks, I said before I would not have time to give a review before the weekend. I just gave initial impressions of how it fits on the face, with an initial desire to lay to bed the concerns previously mentioned in this thread and detailed in post 1207. No claims to anything else.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Guys, I have now spent around 2 or 3 hours with the Reverb, and I'm not going to post my thoughts yet, as compared to my Vive Pro, they wouldn't be too complimentary at the moment!

I need some time to consider the situation in more detail. I'll try and post tomorrow.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Guys, I have now spent around 2 or 3 hours with the Reverb, and I'm not going to post my thoughts yet, as compared to my Vive Pro, they wouldn't be too complimentary at the moment!

I need some time to consider the situation in more detail. I'll try and post tomorrow.

Why? Is it because of performance?

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @4.9Ghz-NZXT Kraken X73 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | Lots of SSD's | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Reverb G2

Take your time to get everything together. I remember my initial review for the 2080ti. It wasn't the complete game changer that one expected, it needed adjusting and rethinking.

My thoughts on that review was that if you had a 980ti or below, it was worth the upgrade. If you had a 1080ti, better wait for the next gen as it was not worth it.

Are you finding the same? Big improvement over gen one (Rift, Vive) but not as noticeable for those with gen1.5?

Why not? Don't need a full review, but initial observations would be interesting as we are all dying for info, and if you are having an issue someone may be able to assist. Generally WMR has too many tradeoffs for me for my everyday HMD, but for DCS and flight sims I was beginning to think it might be better than Index (I have June 28 slot for Index). I am tired of running two HMDs, one for roomscale (rift), one for DCS (O+), but if Reverb is that good for sims, well, so be it. Doubt i'll be giving up Index, but maybe its an excuse for a sim rig next to roomscale area

Besides - we have similar specs (I'm identical to Wags just with a little better lottery luck), and my primary concern about Reverb was performance in DCS with that many pixels, having to drop MSAA to maintain acceptable FPS, introducing flicker and such, so I am very curious how well it runs.

The overarching metric for me is to determine the point where clarity at center is "good enough " to clearly read MFDs without zooming, such that other factors like edge to edge clarity, FOV, sound quality, comfort, build quality, and other factors come into play. My gripe with VR thus far is having to look around and center everything i'm looking at, especially with the bino effect. IRL I glance at my instrument rotation by quickly moving my eyes, not my whole head - then wait a second or two for ghosting to fade and image to become clear. Like in the f-14, I want to be able to read airspeed in my peripheral vision with my head up, looking outside the cockpit.

Also sound - how is the sound? Perceived FOV?

Wags if you are reading this as we run identical hardware I'd be curious about what type of FPS you were seeing and whether you had to adjust your settings. I assume you dropped MSAA down to 2 at least and lowered pd? Were you able to keep all textures/view distance maxed? Any jaggies of visual anomalies?

Edited by sk000tch

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Time to start saving for a Vive Cosmos...?

Guys, I have now spent around 2 or 3 hours with the Reverb, and I'm not going to post my thoughts yet...

What??? Is it a trend? Everything is getting postponed here...

i5-9600K@4.8GHz z390 Aorus Pro 32Gb DDR4 1080ti Rift CV1 Warthog on Virpil base

What??? Is it a trend? Everything is getting postponed here...

Soon....

:lol:

Time to start saving for a Vive Cosmos...?

Or XTAL, and we could all have linebacker necks from wearing it a few hours a day...

But seriously, the actual competition is Index v. Reverb - but until all NDAs are lifted and both are shipped we aren't getting an unbiased/objective comparison. Even then, if 100% sim different than mixed use, and in that rare set of circumstances, Most seem compelled to defend the purchase decision, rather than provide objective insight

Edited by sk000tch

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Well maybe he forgot the warpsetting. Definitly about settings. Pc, dcs or wmr. Or issue with the new beta. We will see. I defenitly go for the reviews from Wags and Mrtv. No worries here. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Another factor is people that dont wear their glasses or contact lenses while in the headset. Not the most common but I've met a lit of people who said they couldn't see a difference in the odyssey vs Cv1 rift because they thought they didn't have to wear their prescription glasses or lenses while in VR. That's why the review can be subjective for every person.

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @4.9Ghz-NZXT Kraken X73 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | Lots of SSD's | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Reverb G2

So I just had time to set up the Reverb and have a quick blast before bedtime. First impressions very positive. For me much more comfortable than the Rift S, generally smaller and lighter, like a lighter leaner CV1. Visuals, very crisp indeed, about the same step up from the S as the S was from the CV1. I'd say it is on a par with my old 27" 1080p monitor, I can see the screen grid looking at a smooth white wall but it's not intrusive and barely noticeable in games. Sound is decent, maybe a slight notch below the CV1 phones, but a hundred times better than the S. They flip up nicely out of the way too. The lens sweet spot was easy to find, there is some chromatic aberration around the edges but nothing too distracting to me. FoV pretty much the same as CV1/Rift S.

Installation worked fine and I was up and running in about 10min.

Performance in DCS seemed fine, not massively different to the S in fact, running medium settings, I was getting reasonable fps, but that's without any tweaking, but I certainly found it playable. Cockpit detail was excellent and spotting distant aircraft was much better. I've not tried the lock to 60fps as I've only just found that in the software. I tried PC2, DCS World and Aerofly FS2 and all ran fine, so I'd imagine anyone with 1080ti spec PCs would easily be able to find playable settings. I couldn't get Dirt Rally going in VR, is that Oculus only?

I'll get some more time in over the weekend but so far I'm pretty pleased with it. If I had gone from CV1 to Reverb, I'd be amazed, but the Rift S does have a pretty good screen. It feels like a proper successor to the CV1 and is lighter and more comfortable by a large margin for me personally.

Also, even though I ordered and paid for a consumer version, they sent me the pro, with the leather face pad and the additional shorter cable.

Edited by John Hargreaves

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1

Thanks John

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sounds good seeing as you have a 2080 so that doesn't worry me too much. One thing I would try is setting the main fps killer settings low like shadows/traffic and bumping the others up to see if it still plays smooth. With some tweaking I think it will still have decent performance.

So I just had time to set up the Reverb and have a quick blast before bedtime. First impressions very positive. For me much more comfortable than the Rift S, generally smaller and lighter, like a lighter leaner CV1. Visuals, very crisp indeed, about the same step up from the S as the S was from the CV1. I'd say it is on a par with my old 27" 1080p monitor, I can see the screen grid looking at a smooth white wall but it's not intrusive and barely noticeable in games. Sound is decent, maybe a slight notch below the CV1 phones, but a hundred times better than the S. They flip up nicely out of the way too. The lens sweet spot was easy to find, there is some chromatic aberration around the edges but nothing too distracting to me.

Installation worked fine and I was up and running in about 10min.

Performance in DCS seemed fine, not massively different to the S in fact, running medium settings, I was getting reasonable fps, but that's without any tweaking, but I certainly found it playable. Cockpit detail was excellent and spotting distant aircraft was much better. I've not tried the lock to 60fps as I've only just found that in the software. I tried PC2, DCS World and Aerofly FS2 and all ran fine, so I'd imagine anyone with 1080ti spec PCs would easily be able to find playable settings. I couldn't get Dirt Rally going in VR, is that Oculus only?

I'll get some more time in over the weekend but so far I'm pretty pleased with it. If I had gone from CV1 to Reverb, I'd be amazed, but the Rift S does have a pretty good screen. It feels like a proper successor to the CV1 and is lighter and more comfortable by a large margin for me personally.

Also, even though I ordered and paid for a consumer version, they sent me the pro, with the leather face pad and the additional shorter cable.

Very interesting and overall positive. Thank you John!

A small pie is soon eaten

So I just had time to set up the Reverb...

Thanks for the review! BTW, what is your IPD?

9900k @5.1GHz | 32GB DDR4 4133MHz | ASUS Z390 ROG M11H | RTX2080Ti | Samsung 970Pro 512G + 970EVO Plus 1T

ASUS PG279Q | HP Reverb

Warthog HOTAS | TPR | JetSeat | TrackIR5

Windows 10 Pro x64