HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

open it with notepad or notepad++

It's a picture, it won't work. Or maybe I am missing something, which is extremely likely :music_whistling:

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Check my post here https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4251157&postcount=5176, it may be useful to you.

Thanks. So basically the only thing is abilitating the "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector"

That I have done already. Good.

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

Thanks. So basically the only thing is abilitating the "motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector"

That I have done already. Good.

Well, yes, but it depends on whether you want SteamVR or WMR to handle motionreprojection as to what you do with that line.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Do you guys know what the MASK SIZE option in the VR settings is about (since the open beta update today)?

Is it the same as the Shaders mod mask size option or is this different? I don't actually know what it even does, any of you smart computer guys know?

no, as far as i can tell it reduces the area that is anti-aliased as a percentage of the screen, from the "center of the screen" so iif you switch it to say .30 only 30% of the screen from the middle (i assume its a circle, though it could be a square frame) gets the AA

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

no, as far as i can tell it reduces the area that is anti-aliased as a percentage of the screen, from the "center of the screen" so iif you switch it to say .30 only 30% of the screen from the middle (i assume its a circle, though it could be a square frame) gets the AA

Tbh, I can't see the difference, either visually or in frame times.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think you need to restart even if you can change the mask size during the flight. I get different framerates after restarting.

Tried that. Are you saying you get much better fps at 0.1 than 1.0? Or the other way round?

Visually, what difference are you seeing between those values?

Do you guys know what the MASK SIZE option in the VR settings is about (since the open beta update today)?

Is it the same as the Shaders mod mask size option or is this different? I don't actually know what it even does, any of you smart computer guys know?

It’s a mask for the application of msaa

Similar to the one that is in the vr shader mode.

Outside that area msaa is not applied only at the center of the visual

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Meta Quest Pro 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I welcome the new VR settings. They helped me to strike good balance between MSAA and SteamVr resolution. I now use 2x MSAA and 130% SteamVR resolution with the new VR settings Bloom off and MSAA mask at 20%, which seems to cover the sweet spot of Reverb nicely.

The FPS gain may not be huge, but can make all the difference between stable 45 fps or constant frame drops.

maybe the shader mod is not needed anymore....ill give the new thing a test.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+/ AH64D grip/custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 + Odyssey Ark | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro
 My wallpaper and skins

My Reverb is really pissing me off. I haven't flown in a month and it still is losing tracking when turning to the sides. I even took my wife's photography light and placed it on my right side and it still messes up. I'm going to call HP and hopefully get another one, this is my second. No lighting has changed in my room so I don't understand why this is even happening. It's ruining my Supercarrier experience. lol. But seriously though, this is very annoying.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

My Reverb is really pissing me off. I haven't flown in a month and it still is losing tracking when turning to the sides. I even took my wife's photography light and placed it on my right side and it still messes up. I'm going to call HP and hopefully get another one, this is my second. No lighting has changed in my room so I don't understand why this is even happening. It's ruining my Supercarrier experience. lol. But seriously though, this is very annoying.

This might have been asked of you before, but do you have bare walls and a monotone carpet or are there picture frames, bookshelves and other clutter?

I've done two things to help with my tracking:

1. Wall clutter:

I moved a few paintings to make sure every wall had at least one piece of contrast on it. There was one wall in particular, if I looked in that direction too long, the headset would lose tracking.

2. I switched from a fluorescent light bulb to an LED light bulb. (:idea:)

Tracking seemed good during the day, but at night, I would lose tracking when looking in some areas. I tried moving my lights around to make sure my space was well lit, but nothing seemed to work.

Unrelated to VR, I was reading about light bulbs, because for whatever reason, light bulbs popped up as a political issue in the US.

Not going to go into politics, but I realized I was using a compact fluorescent light bulb. Fluorescent light has a narrow spectrum of color distribution compared to incandescent and LED light.

Long story short, I swapped to an LED light bulb and have had almost no tracking loss ever since.

It might not be "brightness" that was the issue. I think some of it had to do with the wavelength.

The only other thing that might affect tracking could be how far you are from your monitor. I have a fairly big screen (giggity) if the Reverb cameras are too close and can't see any of the monitor frame, I'll sometimes lose tracking.

Edited by NakedSquirrel

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Thanks for your reply. I don't have anything on my walls. Also, the photography light I used had a daytime rated LED bulb in it and it was right there bright as hell, :) so I don't know how it can be lighting. I haven't changed any of the bulbs since I've had this Reverb. I just finished a flight and during it, after constant flickering my Reverb was stuck in 3DoF. When in 3DoF, I received no flickering, but I was missing the 3 rotational movements. I don't know what's going on here.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I am going to return my Reverb for the dead pixels issue.

I hope they will not come back saying that it's "within design characteristics"

Light your lap...

I had a couple of irritating loss of tracks when looking down, and lit my lap with an angle poise lamp... which seemed to clear it up ...ymmv

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It’s a mask for the application of msaa

Similar to the one that is in the vr shader mode.

Outside that area msaa is not applied only at the center of the visual

Thanks VirusAM & Speed-of-Heat!

I have noticed a FPS/stutter improvement with yesterday's update. When I run the Nevada F16 "ready on ramp" instant action mission I would get some stutters during taxi and turn left after take off I would get around 22 fps flying past Nellis, 20 fps and big stutters heading over Las Vegas North airport. Since yesterday I get no stutter on taxi , 27 fps abeam Nellis and 22-23 at Vegas North (still some stutter). Also, the 2nd measurements were taken after I have upped my SteamSS from 120 to 130%, maxed out trees, maxed out clutter and increased pre-load.

So overall it's an improvement for me. I haven't played around with that Bloom effect and the mask setting yet.

Thanks VirusAM & Speed-of-Heat!

I have noticed a FPS/stutter improvement with yesterday's update. When I run the Nevada F16 "ready on ramp" instant action mission I would get some stutters during taxi and turn left after take off I would get around 22 fps flying past Nellis, 20 fps and big stutters heading over Las Vegas North airport. Since yesterday I get no stutter on taxi , 27 fps abeam Nellis and 22-23 at Vegas North (still some stutter). Also, the 2nd measurements were taken after I have upped my SteamSS from 120 to 130%, maxed out trees, maxed out clutter and increased pre-load.

So overall it's an improvement for me. I haven't played around with that Bloom effect and the mask setting yet.

I'm glad you see an improvement, but fps in the 20s is unacceptable I would say.

I don't see an improvement, but I am starting at a higher base fps, I think. I achieve 45fps almost all of the time, but see drops to 35 in areas just as you describe, e.g. flying over Vegas North. Home on the Range is alwys my goto test. Just sit on the ramp, look left and right, watch the other aircraft taxi past and take off. See the difference in CPU frame times vary hugely.

Hi guys, got a question:

I set Steam SS so that it calculates 2160 x 2160 on my Acer WMR headset. This still gives me a nice smooth experience even with MSAA at 2x And all textures at max.

Does this mean that the Reverb should run fine on my system in native res?

Thanks!

i7 8700K water cooled | GTX 1080ti water cooled | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 1TB M.2 | X56 Hotas | Acer VR HMD

Thanks for your reply. I don't have anything on my walls. Also, the photography light I used had a daytime rated LED bulb in it and it was right there bright as hell, :) so I don't know how it can be lighting. I haven't changed any of the bulbs since I've had this Reverb. I just finished a flight and during it, after constant flickering my Reverb was stuck in 3DoF. When in 3DoF, I received no flickering, but I was missing the 3 rotational movements. I don't know what's going on here.

I had similar issues before I took these steps. Especially the loss of 6dof in both this game and IL2. I would recommend trying to put something up on your walls before you give up and send it in. Even if it's just painter's tape. Besides just pictures on my walls, I also added a throw rug, because my carpet is one solid color.

The cameras for tracking aren't great quality. You can 'see through' the cameras by using the WMR controllers to pull up a 'spotlight view' .

Hope that helps. The headset is great when it works, but it has definitely been more of a chore to get working than the O.G. Vive

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Hi guys, got a question:

I set Steam SS so that it calculates 2160 x 2160 on my Acer WMR headset. This still gives me a nice smooth experience even with MSAA at 2x And all textures at max.

Does this mean that the Reverb should run fine on my system in native res?

Thanks!

Probably.

You can adjust the resolution in SteamVR to whatever you like, or whatever gets you the most comfortable framerate.

I had similar issues before I took these steps. Especially the loss of 6dof in both this game and IL2. I would recommend trying to put something up on your walls before you give up and send it in. Even if it's just painter's tape. Besides just pictures on my walls, I also added a throw rug, because my carpet is one solid color.

The cameras for tracking aren't great quality. You can 'see through' the cameras by using the WMR controllers to pull up a 'spotlight view' .

Hope that helps. The headset is great when it works, but it has definitely been more of a chore to get working than the O.G. Vive

I'm interested in the next headset they are doing. It's gonna be a collab between HP and valve so it should be much better I hope.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I'm interested in the next headset they are doing. It's gonna be a collab between HP and valve so it should be much better I hope.

Maybe, but then you’ll probably have the large expense of base stations.

Maybe, but then you’ll probably have the large expense of base stations.
I wouldn't mind if they were small like the original oculus. But I would much prefer no additional base stations seeing how I only use the reverb for dcs once in a while and then usually that half life game.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz