HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hey guys

So, I ve also been playing with the steam settings a bit.

Through the Last 3 months I m running my reverb, I ve always left SS at 200%. It always showed the same res then and now with same quantifiable performance on hmd.

With that and the other settings I m using, I have great cockpit visuals but some ghosting and micro stuttering.

I Tought it was the price to pay to get the performance I wanted and liked.

But like always, there is place for improvement and reading what You guys were talking about, I gave a shot at tweeking perfos again.

I m running DCS at PD 1.0 and leave it there for the testing.

I tried different SS settings in Steam, 100,150,168,178,198(initial setting)

I just use the Caucasus map as trees are a great performance drain.

Shadows are set at medium also.

198% 3100x3030pix(initial) great pit quality, but ghosting of objects if they are moving fast in the visual (like merging with A/C or looking at ground sideways while rolling at low alt)

Rolling over wooden hills (at very low alt and looking out) dips fps to 35 and image is slightly jaggy.

Now, going down with SS, I settled on 168% ~2800x2780pix. Honestly, I can't see any difference in the pit then when at 198. Same great pit clarity and sharpness.

But outside, passing by trees is sooooi much better. No more jaggies.

Rolling tree tops over same wooden hills gets me to 40fps. An d overall, I keep a higher fps rate at low alt over objects and trees.

Going more down with SS, at 100%, I reach native resolution. And although it's smooth and gets me another perfo boost, the pit quality suffers and is missing sharpness.

So I join the crowd by saying that I m great at 150 and above but no need more then 200 for sure.

Now, other question but maybe I m missing a point but still, here it is:

SS is applied by steam for rendering so it s a gpu resource.

PD in DCS is outputted from the cpu so I guess it s before rendering.

Right now my gpu is running strong while my cpu is having a walk in a park

So my question is what good would that do. To lower SS and add some PD.

What s the pros and cons of having SS 198(or 168)& PD 1.0 versus SS 150&PD 1.2 vs SS100&PD 1.4

This week, I ll also need to get a powered usb hub for all the benefits described above. Will give it a try.

BR guys

Blue side up!

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

your CPU will always appear to be underutilised, DCS will make use of a maximum of 3 physical cores , and functionally about 2 most of the time, you will have 6 cores and and 12 threads, so with hyper threading my guess is it looks like 25% utilised?

Trees Mirrors and shadows all cause FPS pain.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The point is that we no longer need to run SS as high to get the same visual results as what we were getting with higher SS in previous versions. We have the ability to run higher, but many of us don't see the benefit in doing that, depending on what it costs us in performance. This is all subjective, and different people look for different things in their experience. We don't all have to like all the same things that you like, and stuarteaston's post really wasn't that difficult to understand. I don't think anybody here needs the constant lessons in how things "actually work". What matters is that, individually, we are getting results that satisfy our individual needs and some of us are just trying to pass what works for us on to others who are having trouble getting their Reverbs working satisfactorily.
Right I agree. I just told the person try 100% to see if it improves because they had mentioned performance was awful and the super sampling they were using was 200%. I used to run pd of 1.5 with my Samsung Odyssey. But I've been having fine performance with pd of 1 and SS at 100% with mostly high settings in dcs.

I will try 200% at one point but I don't think my 1080ti will like it much.

Edited by sze5003

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

After quite some experimentation, I've found a great happy spot (for now lol).

PD 1.0

SS start at 100%, adjust until you are getting the picture quality and frames that work for you. For me and my system it's 150%. No MSAA, No shadows, 16x AF. High performance in video card settings.

Result - (1) looks fantastic at 150%, stunning to be honest (2) I get 45-60 fps online, and in simple missions offline 60-90 fps. (ie. tanker refueling mission)

PD has some serious implications on perf - more so than SS. Its of my opinion as well that you don't want to set both, ie. 1.5 and 150% - this is basically imo oversampling and takes substantial hit. If I move the PD to 1.5, I take 10-15 fps hit, and honestly it doesn't look much different to me than 150% SS.

My 2 cents, I realize for everyone it's different, but I setup both offline and online mission, testing each PD and % until I found good perf with good visuals. Time consuming, but definitely revealing

You were replying directly to the comment "Steam vr and wmr for steam vr has been updated and you don't need to run at 200% anymore". Which was referring to the changes in the scaler. That is why he said you don't need to run such high values, which is perfectly true to achieve exactly the same resolution.

If you want to run higher then fine but that isn't what the original comment referred to. The figures aren't arbitrary at all, the scale has changed by a factor of 0.53, hence people need to run lower figures to achieve what they did before update and is sound advice.

Don’t know why we are still discussing this. However, I said earlier that if the statement was ‘you don’t need to run at 200% to achieve native res’ then I would agree with you, but that’s not what was said.

The number is arbitrary. It’s the pixels that matter, not what Steam decides to label it.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

After quite some experimentation, I've found a great happy spot (for now lol).

PD 1.0

SS start at 100%, adjust until you are getting the picture quality and frames that work for you. For me and my system it's 150%. No MSAA, No shadows, 16x AF. High performance in video card settings.

Result - (1) looks fantastic at 150%, stunning to be honest (2) I get 45-60 fps online, and in simple missions offline 60-90 fps. (ie. tanker refueling mission)

PD has some serious implications on perf - more so than SS. Its of my opinion as well that you don't want to set both, ie. 1.5 and 150% - this is basically imo oversampling and takes substantial hit. If I move the PD to 1.5, I take 10-15 fps hit, and honestly it doesn't look much different to me than 150% SS.

My 2 cents, I realize for everyone it's different, but I setup both offline and online mission, testing each PD and % until I found good perf with good visuals. Time consuming, but definitely revealing

+1. Same for me. I found that 150% gives me the best compromise between clarity and performance hit.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Don’t know why we are still discussing this. However, I said earlier that if the statement was ‘you don’t need to run at 200% to achieve native res’ then I would agree with you, but that’s not what was said.

The number is arbitrary. It’s the pixels that matter, not what Steam decides to label it.

The point is that people get very confused with the fact the SteamVR % is different depending upon the version of WMR for SteamVR. There is still loads of info referring to old versions and the fact that 188% is still floating around as a magic figure for native resolution.

Regardless of whether people were achieving native resolution or higher before, the advice that things have changed is a good one. If people are still using the old figures they will get a performance hit - there are countless cases of people claiming their performance has dropped recently - this explain why!

Yes it is the pixels that matter but the % is commonly quoted in settings. The original comment referred to the fact it had changed and that is what we should focus on.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Can someone provide the 200% per eye numbers from the previous version? I don't think they were in the 3000s, but I could be wrong.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

No one is disagreeing with you on most of that. However, my point still stands on the wording of the comment in question regardless of the essence of it.

Can someone provide the 200% per eye numbers from the previous version? I don't think they were in the 3000s, but I could be wrong.

They weren’t in the 3000s in older versions as native was close to 188%.

They weren’t in the 3000s in older versions as native was close to 188%.

In think that was what I was trying to get at in the other thread. In the old version, @200%, the per eye was close to the native res per eye (~2160x2160) @188%. Only a 12+ increase. Now in the newer version of SteamVR, the per eye has increased along with the scaling. Now 100% is native res per eye and 200% is in the 3000s, a 100+ increase. Regardless, I would still love to know what the per eye res was @200% in the old version. IDK, maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. I never was good at math. :)

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

In think that was what I was trying to get at in the other thread. In the old version, @200%, the per eye was close to the native res per eye (~2160x2160) @188%. Only a 12+ increase. Now in the newer version of SteamVR, the per eye has increased along with the scaling. Now 100% is native res per eye and 200% is in the 3000s, a 100+ increase. Regardless, I would still love to know what the per eye res was @200% in the old version. IDK, maybe I'm looking at this all wrong. I never was good at math. :)

You could work it out pretty accurately.

It will be (approx) the square root of (200/188 )*(2160x2160), i.e. 2228x2228.

Remember, it’s 200/188 increase of total pixels, not per axis.

I think that’s right!!

No one is disagreeing with you on most of that. However, my point still stands on the wording of the comment in question regardless of the essence of it.
I am trying (and probably failing!) not to labour the point, it is just I have seen so much confusion with SteamVR scaling with the Reverb and WMR for SteamVR versions both here and on other forums that I think we need to make it clear there are two discussions:

1/ That the scaling has changed with the latest WMR for SteamVR stable update this month (previously it was different between beta & stable versions). This is a fact and people need to be aware their experience may change with no action from them.

2/ Whether having more than native resolution with the Reverb yields visual benefits, which is more subjective but still of great value to know other's experiences.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

I am trying (and probably failing!) not to labour the point, it is just I have seen so much confusion with SteamVR scaling with the Reverb and WMR for SteamVR versions both here and on other forums that I think we need to make it clear there are two discussions:

1/ That the scaling has changed with the latest WMR for SteamVR stable update this month (previously it was different between beta & stable versions). This is a fact and people need to be aware their experience may change with no action from them.

2/ Whether having more than native resolution with the Reverb yields visual benefits, which is more subjective but still of great value to know other's experiences.

What I find odd is that some people are not seeing the difference between 2000 pixels per axis and 3000. I can totally understand why someone wouldn’t want to take the resources hit, but to not see a significant visual difference with twice as many pixels, i.e. 100% to 200%, goes against any logic. I totally accept that it’s happening, I just can’t explain why!

It’s like MSAA, the difference is obvious, but not everyone wants to take the performance hit.

Mind you, some people I know can’t see the difference between SD and HD on a TV, so, what do I know!

Hi gents,

I follow this post thorougly as I experience a smoothness disruption as well these days. Just one Week back my VR flying exprerience was silky smooth at a fixed 45FPS. And from a couple of days ago, I noticed an ugly ghosting emerging whatever the SS settings from SteamVR. I reviewed every single item from the Thud's VR4DCS check-list and so far no way to get rid of this ghosting spoiling definitely my gaming experience. The issue is only perceptible Inside the cockpit look at the flight instruments, F-18 (glass cockpit) or F-14 (dials) whatever.

Reprojection is properly activated on the SteamVR "default settings" file.

I didn't change anything from DCS in the meantime.

Did anyone experience the same weird experience ?

Any help higly appreciated please.

I feel so frustrated.:helpsmilie:

by the way my rig is up to date :

I9 9900k, RAM 32GB, 500GB SSD, GPU NVIDIA RTX2080TI

To be honest, I think we are talking at cross purposes here. All I am saying is that the arbitrary values set by SteamVR are not important, it’s the number of pixels that are. So, someone suggesting that we don’t ‘need’ to use 200, was inaccurate.

Of course, we all have different ideas on what settings to use. I see a massive difference in clarity between 100 and 200 SS, but you don’t. I wouldn’t suggest for a moment because I like something that you should adopt it. We’re just exchanging views here. Each to his own.

The original question that got everything off on this tangent though was related to people suddenly having poor performance in DCS in the Reverb after being away from it for a while. The point being made, at least by me, was that the relationship between supersampling and resolution had changed, and that you could get the equivalent resolution you had before without using as much performance-robbing supersampling. Its that change in the relationship between the numbers that caused performance issues for a lot of people who have been away from it for a while, myself included. I think our misunderstanding just came from a difference in our perspective on the question. I wouldn't even know when the changes took place because I had been away from it for so long.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Hi gents,

I follow this post thorougly as I experience a smoothness disruption as well these days. Just one Week back my VR flying exprerience was silky smooth at a fixed 45FPS. And from a couple of days ago, I noticed an ugly ghosting emerging whatever the SS settings from SteamVR. I reviewed every single item from the Thud's VR4DCS check-list and so far no way to get rid of this ghosting spoiling definitely my gaming experience. The issue is only perceptible Inside the cockpit look at the flight instruments, F-18 (glass cockpit) or F-14 (dials) whatever.

Reprojection is properly activated on the SteamVR "default settings" file.

I didn't change anything from DCS in the meantime.

Did anyone experience the same weird experience ?

Any help higly appreciated please.

I feel so frustrated.:helpsmilie:

by the way my rig is up to date :

I9 9900k, RAM 32GB, 500GB SSD, GPU NVIDIA RTX2080TI

Did you recently confirm that MotionReprojection is still turned on? The recent updates over-wrote that file with a completely new one, so the changes you made to it in the past might not be there still. I also found a few months ago that I was having severe performance issues that suddenly materialized, and what that ended up being was my Windows Update service downloading an extremely large update package in the background. So, take a look at Windows Update too and see if its in the middle of downloading a large file.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

What I find odd is that some people are not seeing the difference between 2000 pixels per axis and 3000. I can totally understand why someone wouldn’t want to take the resources hit, but to not see a significant visual difference with twice as many pixels, i.e. 100% to 200%, goes against any logic. I totally accept that it’s happening, I just can’t explain why!
In my case it is that I find the impact of doubling the supersampling much more marginal than with lower resolution headsets. I can see oversampling sharpens things up a bit more but the benefits are nowhere near as dramatic as with lower res sets.

This maybe simply crossing a threshold of acceptability. With a CV1 I needed loads of oversampling to try to get an acceptable image. With the Reverb I am happy enough at native to trade off any extra clarity for performance.

With the Reverb I am happy enough at native to trade off any extra clarity for performance.

That’s all good. It’s when people say they can’t see any difference when doubling the number of pixels that I can’t quite get my head around!

Did you recently confirm that MotionReprojection is still turned on? The recent updates over-wrote that file with a completely new one, so the changes you made to it in the past might not be there still. I also found a few months ago that I was having severe performance issues that suddenly materialized, and what that ended up being was my Windows Update service downloading an extremely large update package in the background. So, take a look at Windows Update too and see if its in the middle of downloading a large file.

Yes, I already reactivated the reprojection by editing the SteamVR file… Indeed it was deactivated after the last update. That's why my head is aching cause with no further input on my side, noticeable ghosting appeared suddenly from nowhere. From the cockpit eyeview even a high speed roll is showing ghosting or lag on the terrain outside. Same graphics settings on DCS and everthing untouched on WMR, SteamVR, Nvidia Control Panel.

SteamVR SS 180%, global setting 100%. Same configuration was working so finely one Week ago. Brainstorming draining out my enthusiasm.

I suspect any kind of Windows update or my last Nvidia GPU driver update Killing Something. I can just add relevantly one thing I noticed, since that ghosting showed up,..., image clarity and crispness seem boosted. Once again without fingering anything from the settings on my side. Maybe Something is related to the last openbeta update. It looks like the graphics enhancement is at the expense of smoothness. I even tried to lower the SS at 120%, with MSAA 0 in DCS… Ghosting still there… :mad:

Edited by etienne1968

SteamVR SS 180%, :

I think that might be the problem. The new updates to SteamVR (new to me anyway, since I was away from everything for a few weeks) changed the relationship between supersampling and resolution. You can now set it to 100% and get native resolution for the Reverb, you no longer need to run it at 180% to get that resolution. Try setting it for 100%, and then go from there. I'm happy with mine at 100% now, and I had it set to 150% before, which caused a lot of ghosting after the new SteamVR updates. Running at 100% now, I'm actually getting better resolution than what the 150% setting was giving me in the old version of SteamVR.

Yes, I already reactivated the reprojection by editing the SteamVR file… Indeed it was deactivated after the last update. That's why my head is aching cause with no further input on my side, noticeable ghosting appeared suddenly from nowhere. From the cockpit eyeview even a high speed roll is showing ghosting or lag on the terrain outside. Same graphics settings on DCS and everthing untouched on WMR, SteamVR, Nvidia Control Panel.

SteamVR SS 180%, global setting 100%. Same configuration was working so finely one Week ago. Brainstorming draining out my enthusiasm.

I suspect any kind of Windows update or my last Nvidia GPU driver update Killing Something. I can just add relevantly one thing I noticed, since that ghosting showed up,..., image clarity and crispness seem boosted. Once again without fingering anything from the settings on my side. Maybe Something is related to the last openbeta update. It looks like the graphics enhancement is at the expense of smoothness. I even tried to lower the SS at 120%, with MSAA 0 in DCS… Ghosting still there… :mad:

I think I'm familiar with the issue that you speak about. Can you confirm that the WMR virtual portal also blurs as you turn your head? If so, I solved this by completely uninstalling the Mixed Reality portal software, SteamVR and WMR for . Then I unplugged both the USB and DP cables of the Reverb, rebooted, and did a fresh install. Interestingly this problem seemed to disappear, though I'm not sure whether it was updating to Win10 1903, or the latest versions of Mixed Reality Portal, SteamVR or WMR for Steam.

*Mark actually, I think your problem may indeed be related to your steamvr SS setting. 180% is way too high.

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

That’s all good. It’s when people say they can’t see any difference when doubling the number of pixels that I can’t quite get my head around!

Well...I totally agree with you...

But you are doubling the number of rendered pixels....not the displayed ones.

Of course you have some benefits with image clarity (less aliasing and more defined text and lines) but the physical display stays the same.

With the reverb you see less difference vs other headsets because of the higher physical resolution so you need less Supersampling or no Supersampling at all depending on what you prefer

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I think that might be the problem. The new updates to SteamVR (new to me anyway, since I was away from everything for a few weeks) changed the relationship between supersampling and resolution. You can now set it to 100% and get native resolution for the Reverb, you no longer need to run it at 180% to get that resolution. Try setting it for 100%, and then go from there. I'm happy with mine at 100% now, and I had it set to 150% before, which caused a lot of ghosting after the new SteamVR updates. Running at 100% now, I'm actually getting better resolution than what the 150% setting was giving me in the old version of SteamVR.

Of course you are getting better resolution with the new 100% than the old 150, because the old 150 was less than native and the new 100 is native. You needed 188 in the old Steam to get close to native.

There still seems to be a lot of confusion kicking around here.

1) everyone should forget about the ‘old’ settings and move on.

2) Steam adjusted the labels they put on the number of rendered pixels some time ago in the beta version and quite recently moved that to stable.

3) currently, native res is closely achieved at a very neat value of 100%, and that makes life so much easier for calcs as we are now using round, logical numbers. For example 200% represents double the number of rendered pixels.

4) of course the Reverb has more pixels than other HMDs and doesn’t require the same level of SS to reach the same point, however that does not mean that using higher than 100% does not improve clarity - at a cost. Yes, even given the Reverb’s high pixel count. In fact, the default - shown by a vertical line - in SteamVR for my 2080Ti is set at 150%.

5) sorry to repeat, but in case some people are confused, SteamVR 150% is equivalent to PD of 1.2 and 200% is equivalent to 1.4. These values are not particularly high to experiment with, if you have the hardware to cope with extra demands.

Personally, I would recommend everyone to use SteamVR as new features and options are added in very regularly, sometimes months before going stable. If there is something in a beta update that doesn’t suit you, it takes a few seconds to go back to the stable release.

In addition, I recommend everyone should click on the ‘see what’s changed’ link which appears after every SteamVR update. Easy to ignore, but really useful, especially when something like changes to pixel level naming occurs.

i personally found a pretty marked improvement at 120% in steam on the current beta,in terms of cockpit clarity, which i wasn't expecting, after starting at 150 and working my way down. There was a big visual difference at 150 but i couldn't afford the frame rate it cost me on my hardware, 120 gave me enough of clarity improvement in cockpit and was a good balance for perf on my hardware

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg