HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hi eagle,

Guess it’s been mostly in the spitfire (custom mission) and F-18. Also tried the P-51 on the stable release.

I feel like it happens in the main hanger too. Very frustrating.

Cheers Jason

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried cleaning the camera lenses with a microfiber cloth? Maybe you inadvertently touched one or both and got a finger smudge on there? I haven't looked at mine yet, gonna go do that now.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I’ll certainly try it. I’m curious about the cameras...do they only control the XYZ axis? I’ve noticed I can cover both cameras and rotational view seems unaffected

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

I’ll certainly try it. I’m curious about the cameras...do they only control the XYZ axis? I’ve noticed I can cover both cameras and rotational view seems unaffected

Yup. The cameras only control lateral movement in VR, rotational movement comes from the internal sensors. I tried cleaning mine and so far so good. No smudges on them, but there was some dust. Still early though, the theory hasn't been extensively tested yet.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Please keep me posted

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Eagle, are you also seeing the GPU frametime bounce around every other second on the beta and be smooth and level on the stable version?

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

Eagle, are you also seeing the GPU frametime bounce around every other second on the beta and be smooth and level on the stable version?

I really haven't been looking at frame times, but the sudden spinning of the view seemed to happen with the Reverb in the same areas I used to experience brief pauses with the hourglass when I was flying with the Rift CV1. You might be on to something with what you're seeing with frame times.

My stable version I still have at 2.5.3 because of all the performance issues and AGM-65 issues that were introduced with 2.5.4. The Beta I've been keeping up-to-date though.

I do have motion reprojection activated though I discovered it looks like steam had turned it off in an update apparently.

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

I do have motion reprojection activated though I discovered it looks like steam had turned it off in an update apparently.

Yes I read the same I think the latest update for the beta version (I think of WMR for steam) has broken reprojection so you need to revert back to the non-beta version....

HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

Hi guys. I’m having the following problem with my out of the box Reverb, my left headphone is not working and I have like a white stain inside the left lens, like a cloud, just in the center. Anyone here experience the same problem?

I’m calling to HP in the morning.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Hi guys. I’m having the following problem with my out of the box Reverb, my left headphone is not working and I have like a white stain inside the left lens, like a cloud, just in the center. Anyone here experience the same problem?

I’m calling to HP in the morning.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

I had a problem with the left speaker, I unscrewed it (similar to the Rift) then wiped the terminals and screwed it back on, problem solved.

I haven't experienced the second problem, sorry.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

If you update WMR for Steam to another Version, you probably need to customize the Settings File again,to turn Motion Reprojection on again . I Use the latest Beta with MRP.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

I had a problem with the left speaker, I unscrewed it (similar to the Rift) then wiped the terminals and screwed it back on, problem solved.

I haven't experienced the second problem, sorry.

Hi

How did you clean that ? I unscrewed it twice without sucees I have to push it to have sound

Thanks

I literally just wiped the terminals and screwed it back together. I know we’re not the only ones who had problems with these, but that worked for me. Of course you could sort it on warranty, But for me thankfully it was a quick fix.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

So I ordered the Reverb to try it out and compare to the Rift S

First, some background: I run i7-4790K @4Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti 16GB. (Yes, once this was a state of the art unit. Now, it's middle-aged dad-bode.). I've been using the Rift CV1 for many years, and thought I would see if I could upgrade the VR set while holding on to the machine for another year or two.

I got the Rift S and the Reverb.

The Rift S was like magically wiping the vaseline off the my lenses. Things just popped into crystal clarity. I could read instruments. What used to be smudges now actually let me know what was going on without me having to lean in. And guess what? NO discernible performance hit whatsoever.

Ok, on to the Reverb. Followed the setup and tweaking instructions found here: https://vr4dcs.com/2019/08/08/moving-from-oculus-to-reverb/ . Default settings (without tweaking) were actually worse than the Rift S. I upscaled to 150%. And then I saw what the fuss was about. CLEARLY better than the Rift S. Not as much as a jump as from the Rift to the Rift S, but still noticeable. If going from the Rifht to the Rift S was like wiping vaseline away from my eyes, going from the Rift S to the Reverb was more like before and after a rain shower --- things are just a little bit more contrasty. But here's the thing: performance with the Reverb SUCKED. As in nauseating. After years of using VR on an almost daily basis, for the first time I got a twinge of VR sickness. And horrible artifacts -- juddering, ghosting, smearing, etc. especially if I look to the side while flying through dense terrain (e.g., downtown Dubai). Yes, with reprojection on and off. So I dialed things back. And back. And back. And back. And back, And back. Finally got to the point where I could fly through Dubai and look to the side without the juddering/smearing/ghosting artifacts being too annoying (though still a little VR-queasiness seemed to be just around the corner). Here's the thing though --- by this time, the quality of the image was not really distinguishingly better than the Rift S! In fact, one might argue that it might even look a little bit worse. And while I had reduced the juddering/smearing etc., it really was still noticeably worse than with the Rift S.

So, to answer my own question earlier in this thread. Yes, I can run the Reverb fine. But to do so, I have to run it at settings so that it really looks the same (or maybe even worse) than the Rift S.

I think if I had the horsepower to run it like it was intended, the Reverb would be a no brainer. This truly brings the visuals of VR back to being on par to where I was in the old days with 2D in a 4K screen. I cannot afford a new machine right now, and need to squeeze the current one for little while longer. As such, it seems like the Rift S is the way to go for me. And to be honest, it is actually not just good, but great enough. Going back to the Rift S after a couple of hours in the Reverb did not feel like I was back in world where I had vision problems or anything. There was just this every so slight loss of crispiness that I forgot about in minutes. But maybe that is just the joyous relief at not feeling even a tiny bit nauseous as buildings flashed by me at M2 talking!

So I ordered the Reverb to try it out and compare to the Rift S

First, some background: I run i7-4790K @4Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1080Ti 16GB. (Yes, once this was a state of the art unit. Now, it's middle-aged dad-bode.). I've been using the Rift CV1 for many years, and thought I would see if I could upgrade the VR set while holding on to the machine for another year or two.

I got the Rift S and the Reverb.

The Rift S was like magically wiping the vaseline off the my lenses. Things just popped into crystal clarity. I could read instruments. What used to be smudges now actually let me know what was going on without me having to lean in. And guess what? NO discernible performance hit whatsoever.

Ok, on to the Reverb. Followed the setup and tweaking instructions found here: https://vr4dcs.com/2019/08/08/moving-from-oculus-to-reverb/ . Default settings (without tweaking) were actually worse than the Rift S. I upscaled to 150%. And then I saw what the fuss was about. CLEARLY better than the Rift S. Not as much as a jump as from the Rift to the Rift S, but still noticeable. If going from the Rifht to the Rift S was like wiping vaseline away from my eyes, going from the Rift S to the Reverb was more like before and after a rain shower --- things are just a little bit more contrasty. But here's the thing: performance with the Reverb SUCKED. As in nauseating. After years of using VR on an almost daily basis, for the first time I got a twinge of VR sickness. And horrible artifacts -- juddering, ghosting, smearing, etc. especially if I look to the side while flying through dense terrain (e.g., downtown Dubai). Yes, with reprojection on and off. So I dialed things back. And back. And back. And back. And back, And back. Finally got to the point where I could fly through Dubai and look to the side without the juddering/smearing/ghosting artifacts being too annoying (though still a little VR-queasiness seemed to be just around the corner). Here's the thing though --- by this time, the quality of the image was not really distinguishingly better than the Rift S! In fact, one might argue that it might even look a little bit worse. And while I had reduced the juddering/smearing etc., it really was still noticeably worse than with the Rift S.

So, to answer my own question earlier in this thread. Yes, I can run the Reverb fine. But to do so, I have to run it at settings so that it really looks the same (or maybe even worse) than the Rift S.

I think if I had the horsepower to run it like it was intended, the Reverb would be a no brainer. This truly brings the visuals of VR back to being on par to where I was in the old days with 2D in a 4K screen. I cannot afford a new machine right now, and need to squeeze the current one for little while longer. As such, it seems like the Rift S is the way to go for me. And to be honest, it is actually not just good, but great enough. Going back to the Rift S after a couple of hours in the Reverb did not feel like I was back in world where I had vision problems or anything. There was just this every so slight loss of crispiness that I forgot about in minutes. But maybe that is just the joyous relief at not feeling even a tiny bit nauseous as buildings flashed by me at M2 talking!

Maybe your processor is holding you back a bit I use an 8700k 1080ti and 32 gb of ram.

Also make sure you are using wmr for steam vr (beta version so that you don't need to move the steam SS slider to 150% ). Beta version of the wmr for steam vr sets the right resolution for you at 100%.

Then you should keep DCS pixel density at 1.0.

Coming from the original Odyssey it's weird I didn't experience any of what you described. I also run mostly high settings in DCS too.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

The Comparison between Rift S (1280 x 1440) and Reverb(2160 x 2160), is even more impressive, like the CV1(960×1080) to the S ,but you need the right Settings.

I own also a DK2,CV1,S before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Does anyone run a Reverb with a 2070 Super? If so, what are your in-game settings like? If I can run most settings on high/med at 45fps locked, I'd be more than happy.

Looking to upgrade from a CV1, along with a 9700k/2070S/32gb Ram rig build.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I’m just.getting the VR urge, and am wondering if you really NEED the controllers when in flight sims. Seems like I could save some money, if they aren’t necessary.

Also, is my computer strong enough? See below.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

The Comparison between Rift S (1280 x 1440) and Reverb(2160 x 2160), is even more impressive, like the CV1(960×1080) to the S ,but you need the right Settings.

I own also a DK2,CV1,S before.

The increase in resolution may be greater on a linear scale, but human vision/perception is demonstrably non-linear. It is, in fact, logarithmic: it takes even more resolution to make a difference at higher levels of resolution than lower. I stand by my statement: the perceived difference between the Reverb and the Rift S is MUCH, MUCH less than that between the Rift S and the Rift CV1. In any case, even so, I still would without a doubt go for the Reverb ... if I could actually satisfactorily run it at that resolution!

The more I read the more I think I am just fine with my Rift S.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|