HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I use revive. Can play what i want on the reverb. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Does that still work? I know it's been some time since I had a CV1, but that workaround was certainly disabled at some point by Oculus. Maybe it's OK now, not sure.

It does not work to allow one to use Rift without Home open. I think he is referring more to keeping it from running when using another headset maybe. Best thing to do is just stop the Oculus service or better yet just unplug the Rift when not using.

And back when that did used to work, I saw no difference at all in performance between not running Home and running Home.

There is something called Oculus Homeless but I am not that familiar with it or how effective it is..

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.2 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle |Reverb G2 | Valve Index| Vive Pro 2 |

Does that still work? I know it's been some time since I had a CV1, but that workaround was certainly disabled at some point by Oculus. Maybe it's OK now, not sure.

It still works. I use it pretty regularly when I go into DCS with my Reverb and it doesn't automatically try to open Oculus Home. On the other hand, I can still plug in the old CV1 and play some of the games that use the Touch controllers. Just have to double-click on the Oculus Home icon, and it goes right to work.

ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. pilotfly.gif

It does not work to allow one to use Rift without Home open. I think he is referring more to keeping it from running when using another headset maybe. Best thing to do is just stop the Oculus service or better yet just unplug the Rift when not using.

And back when that did used to work, I saw no difference at all in performance between not running Home and running Home.

There is something called Oculus Homeless but I am not that familiar with it or how effective it is..

Just unplugging the Rift doesn't prevent Oculus Home from running when you start DCS with another HMD plugged in. It still tries to run, regardless of a Rift being plugged in. You could stop the service every time you use your computer, but why do that when preventing it from ever running in the first place without your telling it to is so much easier?

Oculus Homeless just took away the graphical environment in Oculus Home, so you were left with just a white grid and your menu. Some say that it gave a performance increase in all of your games, but I never saw it.

Edited by eaglecash867

ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. pilotfly.gif

Quick change of topic : Can anyone recommend a product to improve the tracking of the Reverb? Do I need something specific like the lightboxes or will a couple of IR LEDs suffice? What about placement and quantity? I want to prevent the instances where the headset occasionally loses its full 6 DOF tracking, even when the room is well lit.

A small pie is soon eaten

Quick change of topic : Can anyone recommend a product to improve the tracking of the Reverb? Do I need something specific like the lightboxes or will a couple of IR LEDs suffice? What about placement and quantity? I want to prevent the instances where the headset occasionally loses its full 6 DOF tracking, even when the room is well lit.

You need sharp contrast. My quick solution was I taped a bunch of calling cards at edges of. My desk, on the floor, arm chairs, they help a lot when looking down towards your lap

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

You need sharp contrast. My quick solution was I taped a bunch of calling cards at edges of. My desk, on the floor, arm chairs, they help a lot when looking down towards your lap

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. I'll get some fluorescent tape and put it in various strategic locations, see how that works.

A small pie is soon eaten

Yes, the clip is an indicator also.

That's the ONE! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Worth mentioning that one big plus with the Pro over Consumer is you get support from the business side on the Pro and they will ship out replacements and then you send the faulty one back. With the consumer version you send it back to be repaired or replaced.

Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Worth mentioning that one big plus with the Pro over Consumer is you get support from the business side on the Pro and they will ship out replacements and then you send the faulty one back. With the consumer version you send it back to be repaired or replaced.

That's good to know - thanks for letting us know. :thumbup:

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate (center) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III w/ SCG-R Premium (side)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I just started DCS first time in about a week and now the cockpit moves with my head. If I move my head to the left or right side or forward and backwards the hole cockpit moves with my head movement. Never had this happen before.

Anybody ever run into this? :(

8700KK @ 5.2ghz Delided Copper ISH, ASUS Z370 Maximus Hero, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, G.Skill Trident Z 32gb 3200mhz DDR4 RGB OC 3400, 3 ASUS PB277Q Monitors, Boot Drive 256gb Samsung Pro SSD, 500gb M.2 NVMe for DCS, 512gb Adata SSD for Xplane 11, 1tb WD Black, PSU Evga 850W G2, Thermaltake View 71 Case, TM Warthog, X52 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, Win 10 Pro, HP Reverb Pro, Startech.com 4 Port PCIe

I just started DCS first time in about a week and now the cockpit moves with my head. If I move my head to the left or right side or forward and backwards the hole cockpit moves with my head movement. Never had this happen before.

You need more light in your room is what it sounds like. Sometimes that and you need to reset the view in wmr app by running the setup again and select seated mode.

Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @4.9Ghz-NZXT Kraken X73 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | Lots of SSD's | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply ran setup again and everything is good now.

Thanks again

8700KK @ 5.2ghz Delided Copper ISH, ASUS Z370 Maximus Hero, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, G.Skill Trident Z 32gb 3200mhz DDR4 RGB OC 3400, 3 ASUS PB277Q Monitors, Boot Drive 256gb Samsung Pro SSD, 500gb M.2 NVMe for DCS, 512gb Adata SSD for Xplane 11, 1tb WD Black, PSU Evga 850W G2, Thermaltake View 71 Case, TM Warthog, X52 Pro, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke, MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, Win 10 Pro, HP Reverb Pro, Startech.com 4 Port PCIe

Yep, definitely the Achilles heel of the Reverb. I don’t have information on exactly which style of light/lighting is best but even with a well lit room I sometimes have problems while my Reverb is looking at a wall on my right even though I’ve put up a lot of contrasting colours and the like.

I’ll get there with head tracking but I’m not there yet. The head tilt tracking that does work well for you is based upon the HMD’s internal Gyros. Incidentally they use the same principle as an inertial navigation system/ ring laser gyro.

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Yep, definitely the Achilles heel of the Reverb. I don’t have information on exactly which style of light/lighting is best but even with a well lit room I sometimes have problems while my Reverb is looking at a wall on my right even though I’ve put up a lot of contrasting colours and the like.

I’ll get there with head tracking but I’m not there yet. The head tilt tracking that does work well for you is based upon the HMD’s internal Gyros. Incidentally they use the same principle as an inertial navigation system/ ring laser gyro.

check the flashlight feature of the WMR, I forgot how to do it. But using that you'll see what the camera see's. I remember it being low quality black and white video. it maybe seeing light refraction which blinds it and makes it unable to track points on the wall. white contrast may not be good for the wall, I have black paper cutout contrast on my brown arm rest and white on black desk and drawer, white on black rudder pedals. and 4 feet away from walls so no problem with lights and contrast on wall.

never get problem with tracking

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I've found lighting means a more diffused light around your pit area, allowing for good contrast.

Remember you're looking down to the sides as well, not just up and around.

The use of the "Flashlight" feature is a really good suggestion for seeing what it sees.

Critical for DCS

When you perform the "look around" during the WMR Portal Calibration, be sure you look down about 30 degrees throughout that process. This will ensure good tracking when looking at your panels to the side.

These two things (lighting and downward-tracking) can generally solve most issues of tracking.

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

It means the HMD hasn't recognized its position inside the area you set up the first time you started the HMD configuration. Try to improve the lighting of your room, or just do another area configuration.

There are some updates on the VR4DCS Blog.

The instructions weren't as clear as they could have been for ensuring that you have WMR for SteamVR installed with the proper file changes to enable native support for the Reverb and the Beta Reprojection.

Thanks!

VR4DCS

In FpsVR he says that "Reverb settings would be 100% and 100% to start." which sets the resolution much higher than the native one of the Reverb. I don't understand why he says that ?...

In FpsVR he says that "Reverb settings would be 100% and 100% to start." which sets the resolution much higher than the native one of the Reverb. I don't understand why he says that ?...
Because SteamVR applies a factor of 1.4 over native to compensate for fresnel lenses.

Intel i5 8600K 4.8GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro · TUF Z370 Pro · HP Reverb Pro · 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 1Tb SSD · 32Gb G-Skill 3200MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Thrustmaster Warthog . JetSeat

Thanks for the other advise people gave me, but now I have another big problem. I fly the A10C, but the APU letters are so washed out and bright on the HP Reverb I cant read them? I don't use the steam version of DCS, I buy my stuff from the store if that helps. How do I stop everything looking so bright that I cant read the APU letters and numbers? Cheers!