HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I installed the shaders mod now but used DCS only with the monitor as my headset is on it's way back to HP.

No significant change in FPS.

I noticed however that the canopy reflection has almost disappeared and so have the sunbeams...

If the mod is about cutting little things that make the sim realistic than I wonder if it makes sense.

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

I wouldn't mind if they were small like the original oculus. But I would much prefer no additional base stations seeing how I only use the reverb for dcs once in a while and then usually that half life game.

Vive base stations are far better than original Oculus. These you just put it up on a wall or tripod, plug into power outlet and done. No messing around positions and doesn't take up any USB.

And once you have them, you can just buy headsets for upgrades. Valve Index and Pimax also uses Vive base stations.

I am interested in the next HP headset as well.

Vive base stations are far better than original Oculus. These you just put it up on a wall or tripod, plug into power outlet and done. No messing around positions and doesn't take up any USB.

And once you have them, you can just buy headsets for upgrades. Valve Index and Pimax also uses Vive base stations.

I am interested in the next HP headset as well.

I want to avoid putting them up on a wall or tripod so if I could place them on my desk that would be ideal. I don't want to make extra holes and mount stuff in an apartment I usually move out of every year, just kind of an extra hassle.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

I want to avoid putting them up on a wall or tripod so if I could place them on my desk that would be ideal. I don't want to make extra holes and mount stuff in an apartment I usually move out of every year, just kind of an extra hassle.

Which is also possible. You just use the provided link cable between the two base stations instead of using wireless. Still don't have to connect to USB. I hated that about original Oculus.

On a tripod, you just pick up and go!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi. I’m having an issue with the reverb, Inhave almost all the setting maxed out but I can only see the stone and other plants in the desert 60 meters aprox. in front and the textures are blurrier too beyond that point, I can’t see the center line of the tarawa beyond few meters of the harrier.

Any suggestions?

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

Do you guys know what the MASK SIZE option in the VR settings is about (since the open beta update today)?

Is it the same as the Shaders mod mask size option or is this different? I don't actually know what it even does, any of you smart computer guys know?

I can't seem to find this setting (MASK SIZE), I am running SteamVR 1.11.13.

Core i5-9600KF - 32GB DDR4 3000 - RTX 2070 Super - Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 250GB & 500GB- HOTAS Warthog - AOC CU34G2X - HP Reverb Pro

I can't seem to find this setting (MASK SIZE), I am running SteamVR 1.11.13.

VR page in DCS settings....

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

VR page in DCS settings....

Ah!

I thought it was a setting in SteamVR...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question for the guru's out here:

If I change my SteamVR SS settings, do I have to restart DCS to be able to see the changes?

(I tried moving the slider from 100% all the way to 500% but I couldn't see any difference, both in image quality or framerates. I'm obviously doing something wrong here.. I used the "Per application video settings" and selected DCS in SteamVR.)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Quick question for the guru's out here:

If I change my SteamVR SS settings, do I have to restart DCS to be able to see the changes?

(I tried moving the slider from 100% all the way to 500% but I couldn't see any difference, both in image quality or framerates. I'm obviously doing something wrong here.. I used the "Per application video settings" and selected DCS in SteamVR.)

Yes you should restart the game to see effect of SS adjustment.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yes you should restart the game to see effect of SS adjustment.

Ahh.. now I see difference! (I think I must have accidentally changed the Steam DCS version the first time :P)

Whoa at 500% SS everything is extremely sharp! even with PD at 0.5.. Unfortunately my framerate has dropped to 16fps. Guess I'll have to find a good compromise now :thumbup:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Ahh.. now I see difference! (I think I must have accidentally changed the Steam DCS version the first time :P)

Whoa at 500% SS everything is extremely sharp! even with PD at 0.5.. Unfortunately my framerate has dropped to 16fps. Guess I'll have to find a good compromise now :thumbup:

Yeahhh I am thinking 500% might be just a little tiny bit much...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Recently I dropped my bias for high supersampling. With the new build I prefer a low fidelity 100%SS 1.0PD setting. With shadows off I achieve smooth 60 FPS in singleplayer and multiplayer (with high textures, ultra visiblity range, ...).

On the previous build I had to live with 40 FPS/ 30 FPS in multiplayer on the ground and 300%SS did not do any harm. But with the new build I am hooked to the 60 FPS.

And to the folks who tell you it looks awful without shadows. Go out to the real world and look at the plethora of weather situations without visible shadows. I do not miss the shadows much after a short adjustment time.

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

And to the folks who tell you it looks awful without shadows. Go out to the real world and look at the plethora of weather situations without visible shadows. I do not miss the shadows much after a short adjustment time.

I'm one of those folks - it looks awful without shadows!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hi.

I’m having an issue, I have almost all the setting maxed out but I can only see the stone and other plants in the desert 60 meters aprox. in front and the textures are blurrier too beyond that point, I can’t see the center line of the tarawa beyond few meters of the harrier.

Any suggestions?

Of course I’m using a reverb.

Dream Commodore 64C, 1530 datasette, 1541 floppy disk drive, DCS cartridge, competition pro joystick, 14” Tv with VCR.

Arturo "Chaco" Gonzalez Thomas

The commodore 64c is below the recommended specifications...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

The commodore 64c is below the recommended specifications...

Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe a ZX Spectrum would work better with DCS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crash While Dogfighting

Since about Feb. DCS crashes (video freeze) while dogfighting in both 2.5.5 OB and 2.5.6 OB. In simple 2-ship BFM practice mission (Caucasus) I can chase a MiG all day until he goes vertical. As I pull up losing the horizon in lag pursuit, the video freezes and I get the dreaded DCS purple Waiting box. Anyone else with Reverb Pro experience this?

System: Win 10 1809, I5-8600, NVidia RTX 2070 Super, 32 GB DDR4, 800W PSU

nope, hdd? or ssd?

ssd. Need to test with other missions, I guess. Try to isolate the issue. Error appears to be access violation, which usually refers to memory issue, but this is 15 min. into bare bones mission:

EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 5D97DBF6 00:00000000

I get the same waiting screen every now and then but pretty much while its loading up a large scene for some reason. I honestly think its a bandwidth issue; solving this might be nothing more than a PCI-E powered USB 3.0 hub that isnt one of the USB 3.0 ports connected to the motherboard.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins