HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I dont have adequate light in this room, but had plenty of daylight earlier when I first experienced it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I dont have adequate light in this room, but had plenty of daylight earlier when I first experienced it.

internal tracking head sets can also be disrupted by reflective surfaces, or blank surfaces ... e.g. they wont track well against an uncluttered background.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I've got an issue where the image goes blurry when I move my head. Seems perfectly focused when I don't move my head.

It seems to happen in all VR areas.... or at least in the MWR house thing... and in DCS.

I've uncommented the reprojection line in default.vrsettings.

I'm running 130%

Seated and recalibrated

I recall when I first got the headset it was doing this and I found a fix... Now I haven't played for a while (including a full sys rebuild and hardware upgrade...) and it's back...

Any ideas?

Re-plugged, rebooted etc...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I've got an issue where the image goes blurry when I move my head. Seems perfectly focused when I don't move my head.

It seems to happen in all VR areas.... or at least in the MWR house thing... and in DCS.

I'm running 130%

Seated and recalibrated

I recall when I first got the headset it was doing this and I found a fix... Now I haven't played for a while (including a full sys rebuild and hardware upgrade...) and it's back...

Any ideas?

Not sure, but sounds to me like you’re running with Motion Reprojection off.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I'm running 130%

Seated and recalibrated

Any ideas?

something running in the background maybe ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

I forgot there was a USB plug too :). Re-plugged that and all is well :)

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I forgot there was a USB plug too :). Re-plugged that and all is well :)

lol:megalol:

I had a similar issue with image being shakey and the headset struggling with tracking when I look around. It's not the lighting because the room is well lit.

I wonder if the latest patch is causing it? Or perhaps it could be the USB port I was using...

I had a similar issue with image being shakey and the headset struggling with tracking when I look around. It's not the lighting because the room is well lit.

I wonder if the latest patch is causing it? Or perhaps it could be the USB port I was using...

Not sure if you're describing what I think you're describing, but the recent series of updates for SteamVR have been turning motion reprojection off.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

How do you check to see if reprojection is turned off? Also my background isnt all that uncluttered. Its not bright at night since I dont have a whole lot of light in my living room, but I got plenty of crap in front of my flight simulator rig. Maybe I should invest in a little bit of light...

I do see legacy reprojecton, but from what Ive read that isnt the best thing to use in DCS.

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

How do you check to see if reprojection is turned off?

Try this from earlier https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4251157&postcount=5176

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Will give that a shot, thanks!

report: and immediately, saw my framerates stabilize. That was very pleasant to deal with. Seriously, getting better framerates than I did with the Rift. Amazing how much one command line can make a difference in a game....

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

Just got my Reverb and I'm very happy with it. I'll be selling my 5K+ .. any interested parties ? Bueller, Bueller, anyone ?

The first time I flew with it all was well; now for some reason the Z axis … seems not to be working ( in / out ) - all moves together. Odd …

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The first time I flew with it all was well; now for some reason the Z axis … seems not to be working ( in / out ) - all moves together. Odd …
It could be room lighting being on the cusp and it is only giving 3DOF tracking. Any change in lighting since you first tried it?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

It could be room lighting being on the cusp and it is only giving 3DOF tracking. Any change in lighting since you first tried it?

Thanks can’t remember, but I’ll try all options with lighting.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had that issue as well when I first set up my reverb; I cleaned the camera lenses off, updated WMR and SteamVR beta, changed a few settings in DCS and some settings inside of SteamVR/WMR. Havent really had an issue since the first day. The fix for this is to reset your boundary in MRP.

This thread helps too https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

I had that issue as well when I first set up my reverb; I cleaned the camera lenses off, updated WMR and SteamVR beta, changed a few settings in DCS and some settings inside of SteamVR/WMR. Havent really had an issue since the first day.

This thread helps too https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

Great Reverb link. tweaked some settings. Thanks !

@Baldrick - Lighting improved in my game room and issue went away. Thanks !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does shaders mod for VR help with the FPS for the Reverb?

Yes it does! And with the Reverb, its almost necessary. Without it, you're pretty much stuttering if you dont have a xx80Ti video card (and even a 1080ti has issues). With the shader mod, Im getting better playability out of my reverb than I did with my rift cv1. THAT should tell ya something.

My wallpaper and skins

Ok, Im starting to get pissed with this reverb and the tracking. Seems like during the day theres no issue, but at night I cant move my head side to side fore to aft, but i can shake my head up and down, left and right. This is ridiculous........I have PLENTY of light in here.

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

Ok, Im starting to get pissed with this reverb and the tracking. Seems like during the day theres no issue, but at night I cant move my head side to side fore to aft, but i can shake my head up and down, left and right. This is ridiculous........I have PLENTY of light in here.

It needs both light and contrast in the room.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I have plenty of both. Honestly I think HP should have this include its own operating system like Oculus does. This SteamVR/MWR is a bit too much and needs to be optimized or entirely rethought out. I had to restart MWR and steam several times and cleaned the environment data and redid the room setup just to get it to work again. Using this thing to me seems like an ordeal.

My wallpaper and skins

Something that might help, is to make sure tracking is working in WMR before you fire steam or dcs, this seems to be more reliable, than trying to do it in game

One reason I returned the Reverb, I hate inside out tracking. Never as good tracking and always needing bright lights on at night.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders