HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I'm getting a problem today. WMR portal keeps saying 'put on your headset' even though it is on. I can get Steam VR to work and it works with DCS but I don't get full tracking. My room should be bright enough (it was fine before) and the only thing that has changed is windows 10 has updated.

I find that if I let the computer sleep and then come back to it the next day, I have far more success if I shut WMR down completely and restart it each time I want to do a DCS session. Same for Steam VR. So my routine is to shut everything down and close the apps completely and then start WMR first outside of Steam, do the head tracking exercise each time at the beginning of the session, then go into Steam and start Steam VR and then run DCS. Even though I have WMR for steam loaded, if I open WMR straight from windows first, it seems to run well. I do this sequence of steps each time and it seems to work consistently.

YMMV.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Hi

I have a problem when I'm in plane, I use Numpad 5 to reset the view but I am not at the right angle, it's little but it seems my view and I are not exactly the same, regarding throttle and pedals.

is it the same for you ? thanks

You can assign VR Re-Center to a button on your HOTAS, same place you assign both VR zoom levels - in the UI Layer. It is global though and not plane specific.

If you have the buttons available much easier than trying to press a number on the keyboard whilst in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You can assign VR Re-Center to a button on your HOTAS, same place you assign both VR zoom levels - in the UI Layer. It is global though and not plane specific.

If you have the buttons available much easier than trying to press a number on the keyboard whilst in VR.

Agree. I did that and it was easier than trying to find the button on the keyboard in VR. I've gone one step further and assigned it in Voice Attack. I say "recenter" and poof, it works perfect. And that opened up a button on my HOTAS for something else.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Well, I asked for some guidance here and there was none :( , but anyway I pulled the trigger on the Reverb Pro, so let's hope this post gets some more love. :thumbup::thumbup:

I've read it that is advisable to plug the VR to a external power source of some USB kind. Is it still true or just the early models? If yes what do you use? Thanks!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

Well, I asked for some guidance here and there was none :( , but anyway I pulled the trigger on the Reverb Pro, so let's hope this post gets some more love. :thumbup::thumbup:

I've read it that is advisable to plug the VR to a external power source of some USB kind. Is it still true or just the early models? If yes what do you use? Thanks!!

You won't get a definitive answer on that. Different solutions work for different people. The powered external USB hub worked for me, as did a powered PCI USB card but I just use a straight motherboard USB socket and all is good.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

You won't get a definitive answer on that. Different solutions work for different people. The powered external USB hub worked for me, as did a powered PCI USB card but I just use a straight motherboard USB socket and all is good.

Yep, I do the later (MB USB socket) and have no issues at all.

Where did you ask for guidance? I didn't see it.

As imacken say, there will be as much different answer as there is posters(even if its really just ”yes” or ”no”.

It might depend on the Reverb version, I dont know but I know that the PC-World is full of a lot of problems because not every vendor really stick to the specs.

I guess this might depend on the mobo and how much other stuff is using the USB-power.

I have a ASUS Z390-F, and always connect it to the mobo USB connectors. I have a powered USB3-hub for other purposes and for convenience I use it to connect the gaming devices( sticks, steering wheel etc).

Never had a single problem at all.

Get a powered hub if you get into trouble, or get it anyway if you see other needs for a powered hub.

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

Where did you ask for guidance? I didn't see it.

Ahh it was couple of pages/days ago. I was in the middle of a dilema between this and the Rift S, and I solved by making a decision, now I've got to own it. If it works, fine, if it doesn't it will force me to upgrade my computer :lol:

About the USB power, I asked because I was making the order and thought about buying all at once, but let's see it first, act later.

Thanks for all the replys :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten"

I was in the middle of a dilema between this and the Rift S, and I solved by making a decision, now I've got to own it. If it works, fine, if it doesn't it will force me to upgrade my computer :lol:

Good choise !

..and whe're always looking for an excuse to upgrade the computer so :-)

[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Varjo Aero, HP Reverb pro, Pimax 8KX] 🙂

[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37, F-14, F-18, FC3, A-10 Warthog II and a few more ]

i9 13900KF@5.8/32Gb DDR5@6400/ Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX4090, ASUS STRIX Z790-F , 2Tb m2 NVMe

On your pc you should be fine, you may have to compromise on gfx settings, mirrors and shadows... your memory is a little low for multiplayer but other than that you should be ok..

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I'm getting a problem today. WMR portal keeps saying 'put on your headset' even though it is on. I can get Steam VR to work and it works with DCS but I don't get full tracking. My room should be bright enough (it was fine before) and the only thing that has changed is windows 10 has updated.

I find that if I let the computer sleep and then come back to it the next day, I have far more success if I shut WMR down completely and restart it each time I want to do a DCS session. Same for Steam VR. So my routine is to shut everything down and close the apps completely and then start WMR first outside of Steam, do the head tracking exercise each time at the beginning of the session, then go into Steam and start Steam VR and then run DCS. Even though I have WMR for steam loaded, if I open WMR straight from windows first, it seems to run well. I do this sequence of steps each time and it seems to work consistently.

YMMV.

I had the same problem as Dave317; It kept saying "put on your headset"....even after I put it on....

I had to re calibrate the headset using the "Setup Room Boundary" option in the WMR window - from the top left "three bar" menu icon. (Do this before starting SteamVR)

Untitled.thumb.jpg.99defa978b9d13dc782e2a55bd1cd2d3.jpg

I used the seated option (not set up room boundary) and hold the headset at chest level pointing forward and clicked "Click Here" when displayed on the screen.

I don't have to do this every time though, just very rarely when it loses tracking and it says "Put on your headset" when you already have it on.

Edited by JasonJ

Sim Rig || Pics 2010 |

PC 2019 || 8600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX2080ti OC | 32GB RAM @3000 | 500GB SSD | Win10 64bit |

PC 2010 || 2600K @ 3.4GHz | Zotac GTX680 | 8GB RAM | Win7 64bit Ultimate SP1 |

Cockpit || Joystick: T.16000M | Pedals: Logitech G25 | Throttle & Collective: Logitech Attack3 Modded | Button Box: G25 Shifter |

Cockpit || HP Reverb VR | Custom Frame & Seat | 3x Bass Shaker | 2:1 Game Sound | 2x Rear Head Rest Speakers Comms/Music |

In the F-18 I see the HUD ultra sharp, miles ahead compared to my CV1, but in the A-10C the HUD is not very sharp, almost the same than with CV1 ... is this an A-10C thing, very limited resolution on the HUD ? Or is something in the setting ?

In the F-18 I see the HUD ultra sharp, miles ahead compared to my CV1, but in the A-10C the HUD is not very sharp, almost the same than with CV1 ... is this an A-10C thing, very limited resolution on the HUD ? Or is something in the setting ?
I haven't tried the A10 in a while and I'm still on 2.5.5 too. Last time I checked the A10 had a new cockpit but the HUD looked the same to me as it did before the new cockpit textures.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Hi folks, a question on recording with OBS in the reverb.

Had my reverb for some time now, but been absent for a long while.

Can anyone point me to a post/thread/tut on recording video. I see some videos out there at full res others with more restricted res. I might have asked before cant remember but just want to know if there is something out there that explains it all.

Thx

Edited by Vlerkies

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Hi folks, a question on recording with OBS in the reverb.

Had my reverb for some time now, but been absent for a long while.

Can anyone point me to a post/thread/tut on recording video. I see some videos out there at full res others with more restricted res. I might have asked before cant remember but just want to know if there is something out there that explains it all.

Thx

There are many OBS DCS videos out there. Most recent one that simplifies the process is this one

With regards to resolution. It comes down to what you set as your output resolution. The higher the res, the bigger the file and if your CPU can’t handle the load, it will slow down during the process. 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 are common. Above that, 3840x2160, you’re gonna need a strong CPU and fast SSD. Also, the video producer used the simple option during setup. In Advanced, you can set your bit rate which has a big impact on file size and CPU utilization. Higher resolution output requires higher bit rates to display smoothly on YouTube or whatever video upload platform you use.

I record regularly in VR at 1440p. Perhaps I could make a video on how I record in DCS.... :joystick: :book:

Edited by Chaz

There are many OBS DCS videos out there. Most recent one that simplifies the process is this one

With regards to resolution. It comes down to what you set as your output resolution. The higher the res, the bigger the file and if your CPU can’t handle the load, it will slow down during the process. 1920x1080 and 2560x1440 are common. Above that, 3840x2160, you’re gonna need a strong CPU and fast SSD. Also, the video producer used the simple option during setup. In Advanced, you can set your bit rate which has a big impact on file size and CPU utilization. Higher resolution output requires higher bit rates to display smoothly on YouTube or whatever video upload platform you use.

I record regularly in VR at 1440p. Perhaps I could make a video on how I record in DCS.... :joystick: :book:

Awesome, thanks so much Chaz I will check it out.

:thumbup:

I'm not unfamiliar with video or photog editing, just that I have seen some videos which are in std 16:9 format and others which are like much narrower. I heard recording with WMR/Reverb didnt play nice with OBS (stutters), havent tried yet.

Anyway, let me take a look at this, appreciate the link.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Defecting from Pimax

So after careful review of the facts, I’m jumping from Pimax 5K+ to the Reverb Pro. I cancelled my 8KX preorder as well. I feel liberated.

I think I swallowed the wide FOV hype - hook, line and sinker and regret the purchase. Maybe it’s just me. I’ll go back ( used to have an Oculus CV1) to a 114 degree FOV for a better overall experience.

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So after careful review of the facts, I’m jumping from Pimax 5K+ to the Reverb Pro. I cancelled my 8KX preorder as well. I feel liberated.

I think I swallowed the wide FOV hype - hook, line and sinker and regret the purchase. Maybe it’s just me. I’ll go back ( used to have an Oculus CV1) to a 114 degree FOV for a better overall experience.

:thumbup:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Quick question about something Im seeing inside my headset...on the upper left hand corner while in DCS I see a series of bars I think represent FPS...they are RGB bars, and they flicker between colors. How do I go about shutting this off?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Quick question about something Im seeing inside my headset...on the upper left hand corner while in DCS I see a series of bars I think represent FPS...they are RGB bars, and they flicker between colors. How do I go about shutting this off?

It sounds like SteamVRmotion reprojection detector.. you need to access the SteamVR Settings file located here:

x:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings

and in there look for the following line and see if it says enabled:

// green + cyan + blue = motion reprojection half-framerate mode or application requested motion reprojection

"motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled" : false, Change this line to False

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I was toying with the idea of getting a Reverb and I am coming from a Odyssey Plus, would it be worth it and if you say yes Why would it be worth it??

1. Clearer Image??

2. Sharper text??

3. Better Resolution??

EDIT: Looks like a Reverb G2 is in the works maybe Ill wait..!!!!!!

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

The answer to your q.s 1 2 and 3 are all yes... and I would add comfort and performance as well

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

It sounds like SteamVRmotion reprojection detector.. you need to access the SteamVR Settings file located here:

x:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings

and in there look for the following line and see if it says enabled:

// green + cyan + blue = motion reprojection half-framerate mode or application requested motion reprojection

"motionReprojectionIndicatorEnabled" : false, Change this line to False

Gotcha, thanks again!

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Another question - the head tracking seems to be a bit sporadic. I did a couple of dogfights in the hornet, and the headset would recenter itself out of nowhere outside of the cockpit and then back again. It does this quite frequently. Is there a way to keep this from happening, or is this a thing with this headset?

My wallpaper and skins