HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I have been having problems with Steam Failing when I try and either start a mission or go into multiplayer. It always seems to be on at the very end of loading either the mission or fly screen.

I'm using Steam Beta as well as Open beta.

I wanted to see if this was just something happening to me. I have all the latest hardware including a 2080Ti card.

No Problems here with the DCS Beta,Steam VR Beta and WMR for Steam Beta.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Excuse, if that has been asked already.

Since reinstall, I have a weird issue with my Reverb: In DCS, it does not track longitudinal movements: When I move my head towards the instrument panel, it moves away at the same rate (i.e. it remains in the same distance).

I use 100% the setup as described in https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

flankerrider

CPU | AMD Ryzen 5900X | Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics | ASUS 1080 | Storage | Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 (1TB, SATA600, 2.5", SSD, OPAL, SED) | SAMSUNG MZVPV512HDGL-00000 (512.1GB, PCIe3x4/NVMe, M.2, SSD, SED) Wheelbase | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Wheels | Fanatec Podium Classic | Fanatec Clubsport Pedals V2 | Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ V 1 Monitor | LG 2560x1080 VR Headset | HP Reverb VR1000 2nd batch | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Recaro-seat (ex-Lancia) | MonsterTech Rig |

Excuse, if that has been asked already.

Since reinstall, I have a weird issue with my Reverb: In DCS, it does not track longitudinal movements: When I move my head towards the instrument panel, it moves away at the same rate (i.e. it remains in the same distance).

I use 100% the setup as described in https://vr4dcs.com/2019/09/10/reverb-settings-for-dcs/

Need to run room calibration on windows mixed reality window to get full 6DoF movement.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

No you only need to look left,right and to the bottom.

If this don't work, stop only Steam VR and go in the WMR room. Now you read the instructions and do the same as I wrote above. If the tracking feels right again, start DCS and have fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

No you only need to look left,right and to the bottom.

If this don't work, stop only Steam VR and go in the WMR room. Now you read the instructions and do the same as I wrote above. If the tracking feels right again, start DCS and have fun.

Correct

However for me at certain times, the look left, right and bottom window would show not up.

In such circumstances, I just do the room calibration process while dcs world is still on. This would put your view on top of your cockpit, press recentre button and you are back inside the cockpit with all movement working. This help me from having to restart dcs.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

The consumer is the better Choice for Home use. It's the same Reverb,only without the leather Facepad and the Short Backpack-PC Cable for commercial Use.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Pro version comes with a better warranty though, the Consumer unit is return to base to be fixed or replaced, the Pro HP send out a replacement and you return the faulty unit or part.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

The Pro version comes with a better warranty though, the Consumer unit is return to base to be fixed or replaced, the Pro HP send out a replacement and you return the faulty unit or part.

Just a heads up, not in the uk. I asked about this last time I spoke to the HP people and they said that was never the case here.

It’s with a heavy heart but I will be sending my reverb back for the final time, I just can’t get decent performance with it on my 1080ti. (It’s a bit more complicated than that, but coming from a rift s I can’t justify the £600 for the gains with comparable performance.)

If you’ve got a 2080ti I think it would be spot on, but there’s no way im spending £1300 on gfx card

Just a heads up, not in the uk. I asked about this last time I spoke to the HP people and they said that was never the case here.

It’s with a heavy heart but I will be sending my reverb back for the final time, I just can’t get decent performance with it on my 1080ti. (It’s a bit more complicated than that, but coming from a rift s I can’t justify the £600 for the gains with comparable performance.)

If you’ve got a 2080ti I think it would be spot on, but there’s no way im spending £1300 on gfx card

Worked for me in the UK. I did reference the VR QPM manager who posted on Reddit here:

I don't think the HP support guy knew much about the Reverb but once I explained how I understood the warranty worked they sent out a new unit.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

That's unfortunate, luckily I don't see the same issues in performance with my 1080ti. Nvidia will be releasing the 3080 series in June. I'll definitely be getting a 3080ti as soon as the aftermarket cards are out.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Worked for me in the UK. I did reference the VR QPM manager who posted on Reddit here:

I don't think the HP support guy knew much about the Reverb but once I explained how I understood the warranty worked they sent out a new unit.

Interesting, I got told no chance. But if you have the right info then I guess they don’t have a leg to stand on. I stand corrected. :) Just out of interest did you talk to them online or over the phone? I did phone but did think to myself that via chat I could send links such as the one you posted. Teach me to be overly reliant on old tech.

@sze5003 I’m glad you are happy with your reverb, the lack of sde is amazing and it really is a nice bit of kit. I think for me it really came down to: is this £600 better than my rift s? And it wasn’t (IMO) once I had dialled the various settings to get what I consider “good performance.”

Had I bought a reverb after the cv1 instead of the rift s it would be a different story, the clarity really is very very nice.

Also thanks for all help and advice :)

Edit, I really hope the 3080ti costs less than the 2080ti. Whoever decided crypto currency mining is down to gfx cards needs a slap. Would be much better for very one if it was sound cards, who needs them? ;)

Edited by Digitalvole

Interesting, I got told no chance. But if you have the right info then I guess they don’t have a leg to stand on. I stand corrected. :) Just out of interest did you talk to them online or over the phone? I did phone but did think to myself that via chat I could send links such as the one you posted. Teach me to be overly reliant on old tech.

I spoke to HP over the phone. I did stumble a bit when they asked me the name of the HP Reverb Product manager as I only knew him as Voodooimaxx on Reddit!

Make sure you ask for the Workstation team rather than Gaming as two different depts deal with business or consumer.

anybody get pixel flickering in their HP reverb?

I do not mean screen flickering, but random individual pixels scattered throughout the screen momentarily switching to green? ...

Yes, but not to the extend that it would distract you a lot. Not even at all. I literally need to look for them to see them. And it's always different pixel rows, never the same. So it's not a "dead pixel" issue.

Edited by Der Hirte

anybody get pixel flickering in their HP reverb?

I do not mean screen flickering, but random individual pixels scattered throughout the screen momentarily switching to green?

Its very apparent against a dark background

I had one that always stayed in the same spot. It just shined there like a green star. I had to contact hp and return the headset to order a new one. The new one hasn't exhibited this.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Need help.

The gauge text in the Hornet is sharp, clear and easy to read (all of them!)

But the DDI text looks blurry unless I:

1. increase MSAA to 4x

2. adjust headset to a an incredibly small "sweet spot" that will misalign within seconds. (i have an IPD of 64)

This is weird because text smaller than that of the DDIs text will come through sharp just fine.

So I'm wondering if their are some optimizations or settings that I'm missing..? Does display resolution of "XXXX every frame" matter?