HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I had that on my original reverb. Haven't seen it on the replacement yet. Yet.

So far the only problem I have had was yesterday evening the the display on the headset didn't start up until I rebooted the pc

Hm. Well at least its a known error. I'm leaning toward that being a more general WMR error as the display worked the whole time, and "tracking" did too. I managed to land the plane even after calling "Two's Blind!".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes it is.... spotlight function....it is a wmr function

Flashlight is not working for me. I am seeing just a black circle but no camera view.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hafer

7700k@5.0, 2080Ti OC, 960Pro M2, 32GB 3600 RAM, Virpil T-50CM stick, Virpil T-50 throttle, Trustmaster TPR rudder, HP Reverb consumer

what I would like to know is if I buy wireless earbuds for the reverb do they have to have a mic or will the mic on the reverb still work in conjunction with the earbuds ?

as long as windows recognizes them, you can manually set which sound and mic to use from WMR portal settings and steamVR setting, it hijacks the windows default sound and mic when WMR and SteamVR runs and there's also an option to set it back when HMD stops.

my reverb is called headphones and headset(Realtek USB2.0 Audio)

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I had that on my original reverb. Haven't seen it on the replacement yet. Yet.

So far the only problem I have had was yesterday evening the the display on the headset didn't start up until I rebooted the pc

had that happened to me after having the pc on for a while without running VR, when I got the time it wouldn't come up. a faster way to fix it disable and reenable the HP reverb in device manager.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

I believe you can set the reverb mic up for an input device in windows for something like SRS, and you can also specify a different output sound device for DCS.

The Reverb does have 3.5mm jack but in that case I think your earbuds also need to have a mic (80% sure based on the one time I did it).

Yes, if you plug in the jack then it disables the mic in the headset. I use a separate mic I assign via Windows sound when I have my headphones plugged.

I tried wireless but got a sound delay, is there any work around for that?

Can someone help me with something please. I have just purchased a HP Reverb and used to play DCS with Oculus CV1. Since getting the HP Reverb I have unplugged Oculus CV1, but every time I start DCS in VR, I find that Oculus Home still loads up? I am not using Steam DCS I purchase my stuff directly from the DCS website. But why is Oculus Home starting up when I play DCS with HP Reverb now? I don't want to uninstall Oculus home because I have games I might want to play at a later date. Any help with this would be great. Cheers!

Edited by joebloggs

Can someone help me with something please. I have just purchased a HP Reverb and used to play DCS with Oculus CV1. Since getting the HP Reverb I have unplugged Oculus CV1, but every time I start DCS in VR, I find that Oculus Home still loads up? I am not using Steam DCS I purchase my stuff directly from the DCS website. But why is Oculus Home starting up when I play DCS with HP Reverb now? I don't want to uninstall Oculus home because I have games I might want to play at a later date. Any help with this would be great. Cheers!

I had the same problem until stopping the Oculus runtime service or uninstall Oculus software. As I use some Oculus games with Steam and Revive I kept the software, but put the Oculus service from auto to manual. Oculus games need this service and you must start it when playing them. With Oculus tray tool you can even do that auto when ticking the right setting boxes that start and stop Oculus service together with the tray tool.

If anyone is having problem with washout color and not so clear text and gauges, make sure steamvr is video setting is very close to 2160 and the steamvr application setting of dcs is 100%, verify that by showing the resolution the same as video setting. I found this out when i was messing with xplane and thought i will down sample the application to 60%. Did not get addition fps but notice less sharp text and a bit wash out

had that happened to me after having the pc on for a while without running VR, when I got the time it wouldn't come up. a faster way to fix it disable and reenable the HP reverb in device manager.

Ah that's good to know. Thanks!

A small pie is soon eaten

I think I’ve got another issue in addition to what people have noted here. After about 15 mins of flying around, I hear the windows disconnect sound and I’m not able to use the mouse nor my HOTAS for input in VR.

When I take my headset off though, I’m able to see the mouse moving around and can use it to click options.

Any idea what’s going on?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I think I’ve got another issue in addition to what people have noted here. After about 15 mins of flying around, I hear the windows disconnect sound and I’m not able to use the mouse nor my HOTAS for input in VR.

When I take my headset off though, I’m able to see the mouse moving around and can use it to click options.

Any idea what’s going on?

That will be some other app putting dcs in the background. Next time try alt-tabbing back into dcs. If that's the case then you can work out which app is causing you a problem and change its settings.

iirc there are some options in wmr and steamvr to prevent things popping up and spoiling your experience.

That will be some other app putting dcs in the background. Next time try alt-tabbing back into dcs. If that's the case then you can work out which app is causing you a problem and change its settings.

iirc there are some options in wmr and steamvr to prevent things popping up and spoiling your experience.

Hmm I don’t think that’s the case as DCS is still the focal app when I take the headset off.

I just had a little flight this morning before work and noticed that the control of the mouse etc comes back once I turn back on one of the Reverb controllers so it seems somewhat related?

Is there a way to not need the controls for mouse etc input?

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Hmm I don’t think that’s the case as DCS is still the focal app when I take the headset off.

I just had a little flight this morning before work and noticed that the control of the mouse etc comes back once I turn back on one of the Reverb controllers so it seems somewhat related?

I do hear the controllers turn off but I don't recall losing control of dcs. But you can run dcs without the controllers started so there will be no disconnection.

You can go into the compatibility settings for Oculus Home and set it to "Run as administrator". That will keep it from running automatically, and if you ever want to go back to the CV1 for some of the Oculus-only titles you probably have, all you need to do is manually start Oculus Home and then put on your CV1. Its the simplest solution, without giving up the convenience of still having Oculus Home available when you want it.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Just keep the WMR controllers in the Reverb box and don't use them, and don't forget ALT-ENTER once you get DCS started, so your mouse pointer doesn't accidentally stray outside the DCS window.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

You can go into the compatibility settings for Oculus Home and set it to "Run as administrator". That will keep it from running automatically, and if you ever want to go back to the CV1 for some of the Oculus-only titles you probably have, all you need to do is manually start Oculus Home and then put on your CV1. Its the simplest solution, without giving up the convenience of still having Oculus Home available when you want it.

Does that still work? I know it's been some time since I had a CV1, but that workaround was certainly disabled at some point by Oculus. Maybe it's OK now, not sure.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I use revive. Can play what i want on the reverb. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Does that still work? I know it's been some time since I had a CV1, but that workaround was certainly disabled at some point by Oculus. Maybe it's OK now, not sure.

It does not work to allow one to use Rift without Home open. I think he is referring more to keeping it from running when using another headset maybe. Best thing to do is just stop the Oculus service or better yet just unplug the Rift when not using.

And back when that did used to work, I saw no difference at all in performance between not running Home and running Home.

There is something called Oculus Homeless but I am not that familiar with it or how effective it is..

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

It still works. I use it pretty regularly when I go into DCS with my Reverb and it doesn't automatically try to open Oculus Home. On the other hand, I can still plug in the old CV1 and play some of the games that use the Touch controllers. Just have to double-click on the Oculus Home icon, and it goes right to work.

It does not work to allow one to use Rift without Home open. I think he is referring more to keeping it from running when using another headset maybe. Best thing to do is just stop the Oculus service or better yet just unplug the Rift when not using.

And back when that did used to work, I saw no difference at all in performance between not running Home and running Home.

There is something called Oculus Homeless but I am not that familiar with it or how effective it is..

Just unplugging the Rift doesn't prevent Oculus Home from running when you start DCS with another HMD plugged in. It still tries to run, regardless of a Rift being plugged in. You could stop the service every time you use your computer, but why do that when preventing it from ever running in the first place without your telling it to is so much easier?

Oculus Homeless just took away the graphical environment in Oculus Home, so you were left with just a white grid and your menu. Some say that it gave a performance increase in all of your games, but I never saw it.

Edited by eaglecash867

Quick change of topic : Can anyone recommend a product to improve the tracking of the Reverb? Do I need something specific like the lightboxes or will a couple of IR LEDs suffice? What about placement and quantity? I want to prevent the instances where the headset occasionally loses its full 6 DOF tracking, even when the room is well lit.