HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I'm Running win 10 with update 1903.

I have tried global resolution and application resolution. I have bought VRfps from steam and have it set to match the Reverbs resolution.

DCS PD is set at 1.0, but I played with that as well.

Motion Smoothing doesnt seem to be working and i dont know where to turn it on. SteamVR settings show me neither Reprojection nor Motion Smoothing in the bottom left corner above the graph.

Edited by tribundf

anyone have a fix for wmr going to sleep and closing the game? there's a registry edit we can do but I would be scared coz chance of pixel burn-in is high.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Is a Reverb owner so nice and tests with this program USBDeview how much power the Reverb pulls out of the USB slot?

Is it 500mA or 900mA ?

Still have Problems to get startet my Reverb :cry:

Example photo in the appendix

THX !!!

https://www.heise.de/download/product/usbdeview-42422/download

I did the test as follows....dunno if it helps?. Had the reverb running and DCS running. My MB is essentially same as yours. Let me know if you need it done another way as I dont know this app :)

USBdeview HP reverb

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

anyone have a fix for wmr going to sleep and closing the game? there's a registry edit we can do but I would be scared coz chance of pixel burn-in is high.

I tried to do the regedit and the key is gone in the latest hololens drivers so I added it and set it 40 minutes but it didn't work on my system. Still timed out if I left the system for 15 minutes. They may have changed the location of it in the registry or disabled it. Anyone have any further info as to the location etc???

Burn in or image persistence is rare on LCD panels as far as I am aware. If it happens it is over an extremely long period.

Edited by Macka

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

I'm Running win 10 with update 1903.

I have tried global resolution and application resolution. I have bought VRfps from steam and have it set to match the Reverbs resolution.

DCS PD is set at 1.0, but I played with that as well.

Motion Smoothing doesnt seem to be working and i dont know where to turn it on. SteamVR settings show me neither Reprojection nor Motion Smoothing in the bottom left corner above the graph.

On the Reverb, Motion smoothing or I think its reprojection equivalent in WMR seems to be done in WMR only. I noticed the settings were gone in SteamVR when I went from Vive pro to Reverb (referring to steam vr beta). Here is a previous thread for WMR https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228378 . I think you can ignore the Target render scale as I vaguely remember reading somewhere it was sorted in an update for the Reverb.......or does anyone know if we still need to add it as the line is gone completely in beta?

Edited by Macka

Had a first testflight on the Reverb. Holy Lack of Screendoor Effect!! Didn't change any settings. So PD 1.0, Steam SS at 100%. And the clarity is astonishing. The throttle indicator on the MC2000 is crystal clear and readable now as before on the Odyssey I had to guess the numbers. In FreeFlight Nevada the performance is great. Will dig into the nitty gritty details later this week trying to optimize quality vs performance.

Sidenote - is the manual activiation for WMR motion smoothing still mandatory?

I did the test as follows....dunno if it helps?. Had the reverb running and DCS running. My MB is essentially same as yours. Let me know if you need it done another way as I dont know this app :)

USBdeview HP reverb

many thanks for the help !! :thumbup:

This is the second result with 400mA. Why do some speak of 900mA? Are these current spikes? :huh:

AMD 7800X3D | Asus TUF Gaming X670E Plus | Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 64GB @6000MHz| NVIDIA 4090 FE | DCS only @ M.2 WD SN850X 1TB | Quest 3 & Virtual Desktop | TM Warthog | TM Pedals | | My F-18 Rogers SimPit

many thanks for the help !! :thumbup:

This is the second result with 400mA. Why do some speak of 900mA? Are these current spikes? :huh:

Just tried with mine and got 400mA too :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

On the Reverb, Motion smoothing or I think its reprojection equivalent in WMR seems to be done in WMR only. I noticed the settings were gone in SteamVR when I went from Vive pro to Reverb (referring to steam vr beta). Here is a previous thread for WMR https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=228378 . I think you can ignore the Target render scale as I vaguely remember reading somewhere it was sorted in an update for the Reverb.......or does anyone know if we still need to add it as the line is gone completely in beta?

Have you had a look at Thud's Blog?

https://vr4dcs.com/category/reverb-setup/

VF-31 Tomcatters

vf31-cat.jpg

http://www.csg-1.com/ | Discord

Great resource :)

Received mine this morning and only had a few minutes to connect it at midday before return to work.. Until today was using the Odyssey + so I only had to plug in and it works directly.

When I put in my head I was shocked by the quality of the visuals.. didn't expect so much improvement ( Was running the Odyssey at 180 % in steam vr with a resolution higher than the native Reverb ) and when I run DCS was shocked again. In the F-18 I can read perfectly every letter and dial in the cockpit, and looking outside I can see much more detail and at longer distances.. feel like viewing through a monitor. I can see the SDE unlike the Odyssey + but the visuals are far far better. Only had two minutes on DCS before moving to work, but was very impressed.

Tonight I look at the steam vr settings, maybe I was running DCS with a 180 SS over the native Reverb resolution.. but has been a magical moment. Let's see how it feels in motion..

PS : I'm at W10 1809 version, not planning to upgrade because the 60 hz mode fiasco in 1903.

Some news.

The new Reverb is already shipping in USA, but not before mid-September in Europe.

I recently saw it on HP France store...so I bet I should hold off.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hmm to Reverb, or not to Reverb. That is the question.

Just not sure I would see enough of a gain in image clarity to justify it.

Plus with my Rift S I can run pretty high graphics settings and still get good performance, would hate to give some of that up.

Will have to ponder a bit...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Plus with my Rift S I can run pretty high graphics settings and still get good performance, would hate to give some of that up.

With the Reverb, I'm getting better performance than I had with my CV1. All of that turning up of PD in DCS is a much greater performance killer than the native number of pixels. The Reverb can be run at 1.0PD in DCS, and 100% SS in SteamVR, with crystal clarity. I have seen no reason to turn those things up beyond that, and its smooth as glass without even using the shader mod. :)

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

With the Reverb, I'm getting better performance than I had with my CV1. All of that turning up of PD in DCS is a much greater performance killer than the native number of pixels. The Reverb can be run at 1.0PD in DCS, and 100% SS in SteamVR, with crystal clarity. I have seen no reason to turn those things up beyond that, and its smooth as glass without even using the shader mod. :)

same

If you are in US, Aust and probably EU, order it and return if you dont like. You can test side by side for accurate comparison. I know in Aust HP has a 14 day change of mind policy and oculus is similar as I just returned the Quest no questions asked.

Edited by Macka

Reverb not waking from sleepmode

My reverb falls asleep, and dont wanna wake up.

This happens when either quit SteamVR or my computer starts from standby mode.

The only solution thus far, was to unplug the USB cable, but thats irritating as my computeris in a uncomfortable location.

When I restart SteamVR, and then a VR game the reprojection shows the headset is tracking, but then on the Reverb itself only black screen.

Am I the only one suffering from headset going to sleepmode?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

The only solution thus far, was to unplug the USB cable, but thats irritating as my computeris in a uncomfortable location.

When I restart SteamVR, and then a VR game the reprojection shows the headset is tracking, but then on the Reverb itself only black screen.

Have you checked the power saving options in Windows for USB devices?

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

This happens on my odyssey now. I believe this is a windows issue that I've seen mentioned before. I usually restart my PC or you can log out of windows and log back in. Unplugging the cable for me isn't as easy because I would need to get under my desk each time.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Nope, me too. I unplug/plug in the cable at the headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I think this falling asleep thing is more of a WMR thing that a specific headset thing, since I experience this as well for some time now with my O+. Rebooting fixes it for me, and if I don't get into DCS in a timely manner, I have to reboot again because by then my headset remains blank due this very issue.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

VR4DCS Updates

Hey all - some updates at VR4DCS

Those of you not seeing what you think you should see in the REVERB, really need to run through the Reverb set up on the Blog. Also, if you're transitioning from an Oculus HMD, then do the Pre-Flight before.

There is a significant difference in the clarity of the Reverb above the other headsets if properly setup. Besides cockpit clarity, that difference comes in medium and long-distance sighting of targets. Seeing the tanker at 20 miles and targets from 10k feet is a significant difference.

(ED: Who doesn't want to see the ball coming into the Stennis at 2 miles...ya)

Let me know if you have questions! The DISCORD channel is up now and you can join it from the Blog.

I hope this helps!

https://vr4dcs.com

Edited by Thudster

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord