HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

Hello

I'm interested in this headset, so is a gtx 1080 Ti enough to run it?

Sry if asked before, don't want to go trought 120 sites :).

regards

To run? Yes, almost definitely.

Its going to be hard to say what kind of FPS you will get though until we have more hands-on reports.

Here are some datapoints for you though:

GTX970 (min spec) runs a Vive pro at minimum DCS settings at maybe 30FPS

Reverb has 4 times the pixels

GTX 1080 is, depending on which measure you use, approx 50-100% faster than a 970

Its not as simple as a straight comparison of the numbers though, but it should give you a basic idea.

The reverb has the largestt available resolution, I think most people are going for RTX2080 (and even then it wont be maxed...)

To run? Yes, almost definitely.

Its going to be hard to say what kind of FPS you will get though until we have more hands-on reports.

Here are some datapoints for you though:

GTX970 (min spec) runs a Vive pro at minimum DCS settings at maybe 30FPS

Reverb has 4 times the pixels

GTX 1080 is, depending on which measure you use, approx 50-100% faster than a 970

Its not as simple as a straight comparison of the numbers though, but it should give you a basic idea.

The reverb has the largestt available resolution, I think most people are going for RTX2080 (and even then it wont be maxed...)

2080 is very similar to the 1080ti so if those people can run it at normal settings than a 1080ti should be the same. If you look benchmarks of the 2080 vs 1080ti, performance is very very similar. But this doesn't mean it will do great in the Reverb. Whatever the outcome is, if it turns out everything has to be run on low then I am keeping my Odyssey.

I'd rather not have to buy a 2080ti right now as it's kind of late in the cycle and I would like to wait for the next Ti iteration.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

"the next Ti iteration." Could be $1999.00 Bastages

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Except in the case of VR, or biometrics of airline seats... ;)

Heh. In biometrics of airline seats, the average seems to be short people with a lot of extra padding in their rearends. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I would like to see their excuse for that. This time it was Ray tracing and how that's the big ticket, this is the card you need for gigilarays, etc.

If it offers titan performance not just 20% more like the 2080ti then yea I could see that driving the price up.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well, I have a nice blue box that says HP on it in my man cave. Inside is the Reverb Pro with the two cables. I installed steam VR and took a little peep inside the box. Yep it is strikingly similar to Rift but the missus has a few chores lined up.....

I may crack open a beer in celebration later, but the Reverb will have to wait till tomorrow now.

Tried on the headset with initial fit and my normal glasses.

The glasses would not fit in the rift, but do so easily in the Reverb. Headset feels slightly front heavy compared to the rift, yet this could be to do with the slightly harder leather face pad, but I have not really taken any time getting a good fit yet. The missus is demanding repayment in chores for the lighter bank balance and demanding it now.

Sorry guys, it's the only small review I have time to make, someone else will likely chime in later.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Just fired it up after a bit of fiddling with Steam stuff...

Tip: Set your VR settings to basic DCS VR before you start - I left mine all maxed and DCS just got twisted...

Knocked it down and it was all good then worked it up some to PD 1.0 (used to be 2), shadows flat, MSAA x2 and everything else pretty much maxed. It will take a while to fine tune it but getting around 60 frames at that... no ASW of course...

2080Ti FE OC about 15% and i76700 chugging around 4.5... 32Gb memory...

Initial impressions are exactly as the decent reviews state... sweet spot is average but what a sweet spot! Exceedingly light.... frames are good,with settings above - DCS displayed frames averaging around 60 and smooth.... screw it up further and she stutters a bit just like the rift..

Pleased, a good job!

SIGBLOCK.png

Guys, if you don't mind me asking, and you are located in EU, could you share your Reverb's Prod. Nr? I'm asking just out of curiosity (should either be 2CZ77EA#ABB or 6KP43EA#ABB)

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

@gizzy - just curious, why no steamvr motionvector reprojection?

Based on my o+, the motionvector setting makes a HUGE difference in perceived smoothness for me. Without it, I get a 'higher' FPS, but turning the plan or rolling leaves a jittery mess on the screen that I don't get when I turn on the motionvector. It caps me at 45 fps, but the smoothness is leagues better for me.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Just fired it up after a bit of fiddling with Steam stuff...

Tip: Set your VR settings to basic DCS VR before you start - I left mine all maxed and DCS just got twisted...

Knocked it down and it was all good then worked it up some to PD 1.0 (used to be 2), shadows flat, MSAA x2 and everything else pretty much maxed. It will take a while to fine tune it but getting around 60 frames at that... no ASW of course...

2080Ti FE OC about 15% and i76700 chugging around 4.5... 32Gb memory...

Initial impressions are exactly as the decent reviews state... sweet spot is average but what a sweet spot! Exceedingly light.... frames are good,with settings above - DCS displayed frames averaging around 60 and smooth.... screw it up further and she stutters a bit just like the rift..

Pleased, a good job!

Sounds decent for a 2080Ti. Hoping I can run shadows low/flat and civ Traffic off, water low, everything else high on my 1080Ti. With motion reprojection and PD 1.0. I'm using 1.5 now on the Odyssey.

I sure hope not.

Unfortunately with my being so hooked on VR, I will buy whatever the next new card is - Ti preferably.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well, I have ....

Ok, so:

- what about ghosting effects? Did You see double targets (fast moving targets)?

- how HUD looks?

- did You notice any artefacts?

- how prop with engine on looks here from pilot view

- did You notice and dissection / Tearing of picture (with prop modules, like P-51 ect)

- did You check Reverb with IL-2 BoX or P3D also?

- does the gunsight look ok?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

For those with the HMD, can you please include the following when you give your perceptions?

Nvidia

MFAA on or off

Power setting

Other notable settings

WMR

60 or 90hz

SteamVr

SS dev checkbox on or off

SS setting (% or res, preferably %)

Motionvector turned on or off

DCS

PD setting

Shadows settings

MSAA or SSAA

Water texture

Visibility range

The other settings beyond this can make a FPS difference but not hugely. If you include these, we should be able to start setting a baseline.

Thank you in advance for posting your experience!

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Guys, if you don't mind me asking, and you are located in EU, could you share your Reverb's Prod. Nr? I'm asking just out of curiosity (should either be 2CZ77EA#ABB or 6KP43EA#ABB)

6KP43EA#ABB :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Well, I have a nice blue box that says HP on it in my man cave. Inside is the Reverb Pro with the two cables. I installed steam VR and took a little peep inside the box. Yep it is strikingly similar to Rift but the missus has a few chores lined up.....

I may crack open a beer in celebration later, but the Reverb will have to wait till tomorrow now.

Tried on the headset with initial fit and my normal glasses.

The glasses would not fit in the rift, but do so easily in the Reverb. Headset feels slightly front heavy compared to the rift, yet this could be to do with the slightly harder leather face pad, but I have not really taken any time getting a good fit yet. The missus is demanding repayment in chores for the lighter bank balance and demanding it now.

Sorry guys, it's the only small review I have time to make, someone else will likely chime in later.

Thanks for review of your missus.

Is one better than the other?

No. The one i get is the hp pro reverb. Well the other articlenumber i don’t know. Probarbly the consumerversion. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

6KP43EA#ABB :D

Thanks mate

Is one better than the other?

In theory, as boedha68 says, one should be the consumer version, the other the Pro. BUT, go to the italian HP store, and you'll see the consumer version (if 2CZ77EA#ABB is indeed the consumer ver.) priced way higher than the German one, which is is weird. Also, the German one uses the pictures from the old WMR set, while the italian looks like the proper Reverb.. And on the italian both are present, with correct codes and pictures, with the Pro named "HP Reverb Virtual Reality Headset - Professional Edition" (6KP43EA#ABB) @640€, and the other named "HP Reverb VR 1000-200nn" ( 2CZ77EA#ABB) @599€.

Anyway, I'll stop with the speculations, and wait for it to come and see what I got. Honestly, seeing the prices in the countries where it is available so far, 499 sounds too good to be true. Plus, on the german store the difference between the Pro and the 2CZ77EA#ABB is almost 200€, way too large :dontgetit:

Edited by gabgio

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Are there more than one version of this headset? A normal and a pro edition? Or are all the same?

On here: https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/hp-reverb-vr1000-200nn-vr-brille-11054308?supplier=406802&tagIds=76

it's not clarified if its "pro" or not

Thanks

Definitely is this the consumerversion. It should be E 600,00 and not E 650,00

Article number is different then mine: 2CZ77EA#ABB :D

Definitely is this the consumerversion. It should be E 600,00 and not E 650,00

Well it's a shop from switzerland, so it's swiss Francs nor Euros. But thank you anyway!

I have another question, does this headset requires any sensors that you put on the table for headtracking? Like the Rift? I didn't see any?

Thank you!

Edited by memoric

Thanks for review of your missus.

You are welcome. Hope you enjoyed married life vicariously. :lol:

Actually the post was to put to bed once and for all that somehow the presently released headset was not the genuine Reverb Pro.

It is.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

@gizzy - just curious, why no steamvr motionvector reprojection?

LOL - I'm a steam virgin, never heard of it, ha ha, just threw it together and flew - and been so for the last 2 hours.... more than happy... but I'll look in the ....reprojection ...thing :)

SIGBLOCK.png

Enjoy it! Looking forward to some reviews. I hope it's only about an 8 day wait for me.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Ok, so:

- what about ghosting effects? Did You see double targets (fast moving targets)?

- how HUD looks?

- did You notice any artefacts?

- how prop with engine on looks here from pilot view

- did You notice and dissection / Tearing of picture (with prop modules, like P-51 ect)

- did You check Reverb with IL-2 BoX or P3D also?

- does the gunsight look ok?

Or how about the big question for maybe 50% of the user demographic of DCS....

Can I wear glasses in the Reverb?.......

the rest of your post is just envious bollocks, I said before I would not have time to give a review before the weekend. I just gave initial impressions of how it fits on the face, with an initial desire to lay to bed the concerns previously mentioned in this thread and detailed in post 1207. No claims to anything else.

Edited by Tinkickef